Start by marking “Slave Auction (Spaced Out For Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slave Auction (Spaced Out For Love, #1)

Slave Auction (Spaced Out For Love #1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  921 ratings  ·  65 reviews
This edition is no longer available.

Rojan Ja'Dar is a rogue, a pirate that buys and sells cargo for a living. He is his own man, skirting the edge of the law and answering to no one. Arriving on a particular planet, he goes to drop off cargo and discovers a human pet being sold at an auction house. Intrigued, Rojan breaks all his rules and buys the human as his pet. It isn
ebook, 1st Edition, 180 pages
Published June 19th 2010 by Silver Publishing (first published June 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Slave Auction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slave Auction

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
132nd out of 692 books — 997 voters
My Fair Captain by J.L. LangleyThe Englor Affair by J.L. LangleyDark Space by Lisa HenryGravitational Attraction by Angel MartinezMind Fuck by Manna Francis
Best Gay Science Fiction Romance
50th out of 266 books — 450 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Ummmm.... yeah... this did not work for me.

This was alien/sci-fi/growly-mate/captive-human smut. Now that sounds amazing to me! I love all of those things. However, this was like the bad, ugly cousin of sci-fi erotica- It looked so good from far away but when I got close, it had a unibrow and food between its teeth.

Honestly, I just didn't get it. The characters, the writing... it didn't make sense to me. Tyion is a kidnapped human slave, but then he magically falls in love with his master afte
Susanne
I'm going to say there are two types of sci-fi romance readers:
1) Those who can quote you the crystalline structure of Dilithium
and
2) Those who want to know when the kissing starts (preferably between Kirk and Spock).
I am one of the latter. So I don't mind if the world-building is sketchy or the technology isn't explained. Yeah, it's a positronic brain. I don't care how it works. Is it kissing someone? I'm good.

So with that in mind, I thought this book was wonderful! Great fun, and a keeper for
Absynthe
Stormy Glenn books are like summer movies. They're fun, you eat a whole box of Milk Duds during them, there are some explosions and someone gets laid. But don't look for a deep meaning, there isn't one. It's just fun reading.
⊱ Irena ⊰
I liked the first third. After that the story reads like a joke. Somehow I don’t think it was intentional.
Slave Auction starts with Rojan Ja’Dar buying a recently kidnapped human. Earth doesn’t know about the existence of the United Planetary Alliance. That makes humans unprotected from slavery. That’s how Tyion ends up in Rojan’s hands. The first third of the story with the new information, various misunderstandings and heartbreaking Tyion’s attempts to understand what is happening to him is p
Serena Yates

I thought the concept of citizens of planets which aren't part of the United Planetary Alliance having absolutely no rights whatsoever was a rather human one. It's probably how we'd treat aliens, if we were the species in charge. A very chilling thought indeed.

But, I digress. This boo
Remington
Tyion is a normal human until he's abducted by aliens and sold into a slave auction, where he's purchased as a 'pet' by the cat alien Rojan, a member of the Phangar species. Except Tyion is really Rojan's mate and drama ensues.

Okay, so this is my problem with Stormy Glenn: I'm usually interested in the premise of her books, and sometimes the beginning is actually very interesting in that guilty-pleasure way. But the glaring technical errors, spelling errors, punctuation errors, and errors in plo
Leah
Shannon
I must admit to being completely bummed that there isn't another story in this series. I was looking forward to starting the next one right away to see what happened to his friend, dammit. I don't usually go for the sci-fi, space-type stories but this one was very good. Nothing sad or overly sugary, just a nice way to spend a couple of hours.
Serena Yates
This is a great story with some interesting aliens who go around the universe collecting pets. Specifically, human pets. Humans are seen as weak and primitive creatures, but very 'trainable'. That one made me smile. I thought the concept of citizens of planets which aren't part of the United Planetary Alliance having absolutely no rights whatsoever was a rather human one. It's probably how we'd treat aliens, if we were the species in charge. A very chilling thought indeed to see “us humans” at t ...more
Ashley♥Alexis
Let me start by saying. I actually really enjoyed this. I am slightly shocked and appalled. There was so much wrong with this story but for some reason I still loved it. I walked into this thinking it would be a bust but I was pleasantly surprised.

The blurb is interesting and lured me in but then I read an excerpt and was totally turned off. The excerpt started with the first conversation the MC's have with one another and I found the writing to be awkward and disjointed. I actually decided to p
Charly
Nothing but fluff…but yummy fluff

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 8/10

PROS:
- I was intrigued right from the start--as in, by the second page--by the fantasy world and by Rojan. Alien werewolves in space? Sign me up.
- Rojan is incredibly protective of Tyion for a number of reasons, and Tyion instinctively feels safe with him. Rojan goes a little overboard when they first meet and he has to punish Tyion for not following orders, but Rojan immediately
Jimmy Hanson
An interesting take on things [aliens and abductions:], but shallow really. It is briefly noted that Tyion is [or was:] taken from his bed in the middle of the night, and is now to be sold in slavery to whichever alien becomes the highest bidder. He is [of course:] amazingly beautiful with long blonde hair blah blah blah. Honestly, how many adult men in this world are amazingly beautiful with long-ass hair? Gets monotonous just reading it.

Rojan is cool, or starts out as cool. Then he becomes sim
Dumbledore11214
Lizzie
3.5 stars, but I so wanted to give this a higher rating. I read this years ago, when it first came out and then, just yesterday I came across it again. When I saw that it had been "Extensively revised and expanded" and that the second book was about to be released in a few weeks, I couldn't not buy it again and re-read it.

Basically it was the same except for the last few chapters. They went beyond where the original did and I really enjoyed the fleshed out ending. UNTIL chapter fifteen. The begi
Angie
I can’t really say that I finished this book, but there was no link provided for “Tried, tried, tried and can’t make myself finish”… Piffle….

This book was recommended to me by a friend.... I felt that Evangeline Anderson’s “Slave Boy” had been placed in a garbage disposal and what came out the other end was marketed as “Slave Auction” by Stormy Glenn.

In retrospect the pen name should have been the first indication….
Tamela
Not one of my favorite Stormy Glenn stories and I don't really know why. It just didn't get my full attention. The story seemed rushed without really getting to know the characters.

And another story where the characters has a name which is weird to read / pronounce... Tyion. I'd almost rather they author just used the name SAM so that I would not stumble over some weird name that pulls me out of the story trying to figure it out every time I see it :) Just me :)
Meghan
This story seemed very dichotomous to me. As if two different authors wrote the first and second half of the story. The first one wanted to write an erotic novel and the second one a romance. It was a short novella, so that may be responsible for the dramatically quick switch from one to the other - no time was allowed for the development of characters, so they just changed drastically from one sentence to the next.

I am always interested in authors that can create an entirely new world. However
Violet
I think I sprained my eyes from all the eye rolling. Stupid plot, stupid dialogues, characters with a depth of cardboard box. Complete and utter bullshit.
Murmurella
As always with SG's books the beginning is rather promising but as the book continues the story deteriorates. Details are not very well thought through, there are too many insignificant little scenes that could have been easily omitted and replaced with more important events. The end is jumbled, as if the writer got tired of writing her own book.

The story could have been so much better, since the plot itself is really not that bad... And so for the plot and plot alone I give it two stars instea
Sarah LaGioia
Maybe not even quite 2 stars and here is why:

If the writing itself isn't solid then the story better damn well be, and while I did find the story engaging enough to carry me through it all the way to the end, there were a lot of things that bothered me plot-wise, too. (view spoiler)
Benjamin
The last thing young Tyion remembered was going to bed at the apartment he shared with his friend, he now finds himself shackled and suspended in a slave market, somewhere that is not Earth. Abducted as he slept he is now up for bid in a slave market; Earthlings make excellent and very responsive pets, once trained.

Tyion is fortunate, before the bidding that evening he catches the eye of rouge space ship commander Rojan, a seven and half foot tall muscular Phangar, complete with pointy ears and
Misanagi
Lets just say I just finished it because it was so short and for the perverse pleasure of hating cardboard characters and lazy plots.
Veronica /  V
I'm not very fond of sci-fi stories, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to give this story a go.
It was such a great book,the two MC were divine.
I only have 1 complain!!!!!
Very disappointed that this is the first book in the series and the Author doesn't write a sequel, this book was published June 2010, it has been nearly 2 years and still waiting.:( :( :(
Lee
Dec 05, 2010 Lee rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ?
I was disappointed in this book. I like the premiss of the book but the story didn't deliver as much punch as I had hoped. The protagonist, in my opinion, acquiesced to his new environment too fast, and too early. Falling in love with his "master" with little effort and little thought short circuited what could have been a wonderful story.
Clover
as always, story easy and fun to read. I love to read Stormy Glenn when I'm feeling down. her stories are always enjoyed. plot easy to understand, hot sex, alpha males protecting cut guys. an good way to empty your head from bad thoughts.
Mandi
Really enjoyed this one. Hoping the author continues with this series. (I'd love to read about what happens to the main characters friend)
OkayKim
I'm kind of "spaced out" with this one.
Tam
I found the inconsistent characterization in this made me a bit crazy. It starts with a dominant alien buying a human pet. He can't wait to have HIS marks on the man, not the slave peddlar. But then the first time he gives him a spanking and his delicate Irish skin bruises, he's riddled with remorse and more or less takes to treating the guy like a fragile flower. Tyion is all spunky and testy, and the first time the guy coldly jerks him off, he's suddenly quivering in fear and turns into a mous ...more
78sunny
2,6 von 5 Sternen
*Aufmachung/Qualität*
Das Cover ist okay, aber es haut mich nicht um. Das Format ist sehr groß, fast Din A4, aber das lässt sich wirklich gut lesen und der Einband ist schön flexibel. Mir gefallen diese großen Taschenbücher.
Leider ist die Schrift auch sehr groß und damit die Story sehr kurz.

*Meinung:*
Beim Lesen dieses 'Buches' hatte ich die ganze Zeit das Gefühl ein Fanfiction zu lesen und die kriegt man ja bekanntlich umsonst im Internet und diese sind oft sogar noch von höherer
Shivani *~So many books, So little time~*

It was a senseless book, especially the scene where Tyion asks his friend to come along with Aliens. Everything, the dialogues and scenes were not making much sense and somewhere they were incomplete too. Emotions, reactions were not related to each other. It was all happening with no logic whatsoever. The first half of the book was okay but after that it was in for a downfall.
  • Acquainted with the Night
  • Cat Toy
  • What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love?
  • Taming Riki Vol 1, Part 1 (Taming Riki, #1)
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • Chalice (Planetary Submissives, #1)
  • Collared
  • Slave Boy
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • The Initiation of Pb500 (Pb500, #1)
  • The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1)
  • Chains of Love (Blue Ruin, #3)
  • Soothe the Burn
  • Healing in His Wings (Healing #1)
  • Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1)
  • Angel
  • The Englor Affair (Sci-Regency #2)
  • The Copper Horse: Fear (The Copper Horse #1)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up
More about Stormy Glenn...

Spaced Out For Love (2 books)
  • Ravcor's Prize (Spaced Out for Love #2)
Full Moon Mating (Wolf Creek Pack, #1) Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings, #2) The Cat’s Meow  (Assassin's Pride, #1) Just A Taste Of Me (Wolf Creek Pack, #2) Heart Song (True Blood Mate, #1)