Start by marking “The Law and Miss Mary” as Want to Read:
The Law and Miss Mary

The Law and Miss Mary

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  6 reviews
It's disgraceful how St. Louis's orphans are treated. And Mary Randolph plans to do something about it. She's lost her faith, but she still has compassion and a drive to help innocents in need. If she has to battle with by-the-book police captain Samuel Benton to protect them...well, she'll give him a challenge he'll never forget.
A poverty-stricken childhood left Sam hung...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Law and Miss Mary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Law and Miss Mary

Fay Risner
This was a good christian, historical romance. Mary might have over thought her problem with her attractiveness throughout the book, but I enjoyed the book.
Amanda
Award-winning author Dorothy Clark delivers another winner with The Law and Miss Mary. Her vivid descriptions make you feel as if you’re actually in St. Louis 1840 as she tells the story of Mary Randolph, who’s determined to save the town’s orphans, even if it means butting heads with police captain Samuel Benton. A charming story of healing, both physical and spiritual, The Law and Miss Mary will linger in your memory long after you’ve turned the last page.
Carol
I enjoyed this book. Set in St. Louis on the edge of the new wilderness of the early 1800's, I envisioned what St.Louis must have been like at the time. I liked the main idea of the story in that others see us differently than we sometimes see ourselves. The attitude of the heart is what truly affects our outward appearance.
Karen
Set in St. Louis, 1840, Mary Randolph strives to find a place for all the orphans. Police captain Samuel Benton must enforce the new law that jails these children. Together they face the mayor and his beautiful daughter to provide for these poor children.
Janis Kay
Loved the characters and the story was amazing! To think Mary wishes that she was short and blond is crazy, but thank Sam he got her to see reason! Lol this is truly a unique and fascinating story and I am now wondering what else I can find from this author:)
Jennifer Marie
Overall fun easy enjoyable historic read :D
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Danielle Brown
Danielle Brown marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Krystal G
Krystal G marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Juliet Mccleary
Juliet Mccleary marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Stefanie Bateman schwenk
Stefanie Bateman schwenk marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Mary Bronson
Mary Bronson marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Beauty for Ashes Hosea's Bride Prairie Courtship Family of the Heart Wooing the Schoolmarm