Start by marking “The Law and Miss Mary” as Want to Read:
The Law and Miss Mary

The Law and Miss Mary

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  8 reviews
It's disgraceful how St. Louis's orphans are treated. And Mary Randolph plans to do something about it. She's lost her faith, but she still has compassion and a drive to help innocents in need. If she has to battle with by-the-book police captain Samuel Benton to protect them...well, she'll give him a challenge he'll never forget.
A poverty-stricken childhood left Sam hung
Published August 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Law and Miss Mary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Law and Miss Mary

Michelle
The Randolph Family
Book 4

I'm not sure which book I liked more - the first book in this series (featuring Mary's parents), or this book...

Mary comes from a rich family in Philadelphia. But she doesn't have beauty that so many people hold dear, and she is hurt deeply when she learns her fiance was marrying her for her money - not her. So she gets permission from her father to go with her brother, James, to St. Louis where he will manage his father's newly purchased ships.

But Mary soon learns that
Fay Risner
This was a good christian, historical romance. Mary might have over thought her problem with her attractiveness throughout the book, but I enjoyed the book.
L A
I enjoy this book. I still can't believe how those so called influential people would treat those poor orphans so poorly.
Amanda
Award-winning author Dorothy Clark delivers another winner with The Law and Miss Mary. Her vivid descriptions make you feel as if you’re actually in St. Louis 1840 as she tells the story of Mary Randolph, who’s determined to save the town’s orphans, even if it means butting heads with police captain Samuel Benton. A charming story of healing, both physical and spiritual, The Law and Miss Mary will linger in your memory long after you’ve turned the last page.
Carol
I enjoyed this book. Set in St. Louis on the edge of the new wilderness of the early 1800's, I envisioned what St.Louis must have been like at the time. I liked the main idea of the story in that others see us differently than we sometimes see ourselves. The attitude of the heart is what truly affects our outward appearance.
Karen
Set in St. Louis, 1840, Mary Randolph strives to find a place for all the orphans. Police captain Samuel Benton must enforce the new law that jails these children. Together they face the mayor and his beautiful daughter to provide for these poor children.
Janis Kay
Loved the characters and the story was amazing! To think Mary wishes that she was short and blond is crazy, but thank Sam he got her to see reason! Lol this is truly a unique and fascinating story and I am now wondering what else I can find from this author:)
Jennifer Marie
Overall fun easy enjoyable historic read :D
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Wenona
Wenona marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Cheriyan
Cheriyan marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Batool
Batool marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Angieleigh
Angieleigh marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Pauline Doyle
Pauline Doyle marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Jen.blink13
Jen.blink13 is currently reading it
Oct 30, 2014
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Danielle Hartzler
Danielle Hartzler marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Krystal G
Krystal G marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 17, 2014 10:37AM
Married to her own personal hero for over fifty-eight years, mother of three, grandmother of four, and great-grandmother to a beautiful baby girl, Dorothy calls on her life’s experiences—including designing and helping her husband build their home, complete with beams they hewed by hand and a real, old-fashioned walk-in kitchen fireplace she occasionally cooks in, to add color and depth to her sto ...more
More about Dorothy Clark...
Beauty for Ashes Hosea's Bride Prairie Courtship Family of the Heart Wooing the Schoolmarm