Start by marking “Battles of the Clans (Warriors Series)” as Want to Read:
Battles of the Clans (Warriors Series)

Battles of the Clans (Warriors: Field Guide)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  2,435 ratings  ·  60 reviews
An inside look at each Clan's fighting secrets: ShadowClan's night ambush technique ThunderClan's surprise Lightning Strike tactic WindClan's secret underground tunneling RiverClan's water maneuvers SkyClan's fearsome "skydrop" move

Plus never-before-told stories behind the most significant battles in Clan history
Published June 1st 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Battles of the Clans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battles of the Clans

Alins

I have read all the warrior books except a couple of comics and the like,so yeah,I'm a big warrior fan. But when I saw this,I didn't really expect it would be that great,I expected a bunch of battles slashed together.
I certainly was wrong. This book is narrated by several characters in the books,from Onestar to Tigerclaw. It starts as Onestar welcomes you to his camp and tells you he will show you the clans battle lore. For some reason he takes you first to the other clans but oh well.
One thing...more
Oscar
Warriors Batlle of the clans was a really interasting book. It talk about many of the great battles the cats had. Even from parts that were not told in the books. And i can tell, I have read all the books in the series up to the new ones. The series is interesting and there is not just one main character, the main characters change throught the series. and my favorite character is the beguning cat named Rusty. his name changed when he entered the clan through rankings. Firepaw- when he just ente...more
Mattie C
a great look into the clans, showing each clan's special attack plans and great adventorous and wise battles.signalls and strenghts of the clans and their specialties.
Chloe
Loved 1st series of Warriors but didn't really enjoy second and third. Great characters and everything but it was about cats!
Sang Min
Attention: Spoiler Alert!!!

A to Z of the Battle of the Clans

The book that I read was “Warriors, Battles of The Clans” by Erin Hunter which is one of the “Warriors” series. Unlike the other book that tells the reader about adventures, this book explains about the different kinds of techniques, and histories of famous battles. The book is interesting because it is 1st person point of view, uses funny names for cats and because the author imagined detailed parts in the world of cats. Therefore, I...more
Libby
The _________ of the Clans books, I have to admit, are not among my favourite of the Warriors Series. I liked it but I didn't love it, I honestly got bored with some parts while others were more exciting. It is still a very good and well written book but I prefer the main series to this.
Dolly
Aug 14, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: middle grade readers
This is the first of the Warriors Field Guides that we've read. The narratives were interesting, but they were very scattered and all over the place in time. It didn't really make a lot of sense, and it seemed to me that it comprised bits of narrative that just never made it to one of the books in the various series.

Still, our youngest is determined to read every book in the Warriors Universe and I plan to read them right along with her. The stories are entertaining and I love that our youngest...more
Bethany
This book was a lot better than the last Warrior extra book- easy to follow and information moved smoothly. It was an interesting read, but seemed to go too quickly for my liking, considering the next book wouldn't of come out until August 3rd. I could find no errors, although the illustration entitled "A time for mercy" (around page 86 in my hardback) did not relate to the story like the other images did. Instead it seemed to illustrate the story of "Hailstar Speaks: The Lost Kits". I believe i...more
Deborah Lighthall
Targeted for kids, it was a light, entertaining read. Its not a novel - its more of a narrated guide to the clans, with some history and descriptions of special battle skills for each clan. Would have gotten more from it by reading a novel or two before. It piqued my curiosity enough to try the first novel in the series. Not right away though... I need something a little more cerebral before venturing back into the forest of feline warrior clans.
Amy
good book. tells about many battles that they had.
Gabrielle
very fascinating and factual
Jack
Didn't like this book as much as the other field guides, but I still really liked it. It was detailed, interesting and epic! Reading about battles is just so cool and I love to re-read stuff about them. It brings the magical battle moments back to you. Great book, like all of the Warriors books!

For more information about this book and others, check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/TheDougieowner
Alexandra Anderson
It was great getting to listen to the clans most popular battles...

There was one cat in the book I read about that I read in,a different part of the series
thanks for listening read dawn of the clans next to know what I'm talking with
Chanelle
This was a fiction book. But in this book it is informational. It tells you about battles and fights from the past. It is based on the Warriors series. It was ok.

I would not recomend that you read this book. It bored me in most spots. If I were to rate this I would give it a 2 out of 10. You also would not know what was going on if you haven't read this series. It is comepletly based on the series.
Sunsetti
this book records all the battles in the series and all the clans secrets and techniques to attack another clan.also it listes who died, what happened, and what clans won the battles and so much more! this is a fantastic feild guid and i highly suggest this book to all warrior fans!
Chloe
Kenyan
This book takes you "behind the scenes" the anthers create battles that are not necessarily in the books. they are written like you are a curious kittypet and the clans are telling you about battles and battle moves. I liked it a lot!
'Battles of the Clans' by Erin Hunter is definitely my favourite field guide. I loved hearing about how Graystripe united the clans to fight the foxes, and learning about some of the battle tactics of all the clans.
Wingstar~sama (Dreamline)
ITS THE DAWN FOR NEW EXPLORATION IN THIS BOOK. AWESOME BATTLES, EVEN SKYCLANS SECRET MOVE THE SKYDROP! who new that an thunderclan apprentice could impress Tigerclaw?!?!?!!? I thought Tigerclaw had no life
~Megan~
Well...this was pretty good. A bit slower than some of the other Warriors books. Of course, this wasn't part of the main series. The main series is way better than all the side books.
Monica
Jul 02, 2010 Monica rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Monica by: Goodreads
Shelves: warriors
This is boring. The short stories aren't that good. It' really confusing to keep track who is who, there are so many names. It's also confusing to keep track of the time period and stuff.
Helen
you are reading from a kittypets point of view you are very interested in battles and vist all the clans and they tell you about about diffrent moves and famous battle
Rachel Edwards
I LOVE the warrior books! I'm going into 7th grade & I still enjoy them! :D (course I also still enjoy magic tree house lol) I can't wait 2 read this book!
Stephanie Allen
Nice little insight into battle techniques and different battles throughout the history of the Clans. Fun to read through the eyes of different cats too.
Shayla
This talks about all the battle strategies and combet moves each Clan has! It's a unique warriors book itself. It also has a few spoilers...
Keri  ケリ
This book was very informational for those who like the Warriors series. I like it because it game looks into the past of the clans in the forest...
Kayla
Nicely illustrated and informative. A must for a true Warrior fan! :D

(Bought it when it came out and skimmed through the stories I wanted to read.)
Luna
I thought it was interesting because it shows previous battles. It's like going back in time. I really recommend this book to people.
Genevieve
Very interesting and helpful when you are confused about warriors. This is the newest guide book so it has the most updated info.
Emma D.
I thought it was one of the best feild guides ever!!!!!!!!!! I loved the little storys in the book too.
battle of the clans 4 5 Jun 23, 2013 09:23AM
Warrior Cats Fore...: Battles of the Clans 3 4 Sep 13, 2012 04:00PM
  • Shadow Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #2)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • The Tygrine Cat
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire, #2)
  • Varjak Paw
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of four people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Gillian Philip, and Tui Sutherland, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As well as having a grea...more
More about Erin Hunter...
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)