Start by marking “Winging It (Angels Unlimited, #1)” as Want to Read:
Winging It (Angels Unlimited, #1)

Winging It (Angels Unlimited #1)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  1,072 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Mel isn't your average angel.She certainly never expected to wind up at posh Angel Academy. Why would she want to learn about halos, when "shopping is much more divine?

But when she joins an elite group of time-traveling angels fighting against the Opposition, she learns angel business is a lot more dangerous -- and a lot more fun -- than she ever could have suspected.
Published September 1st 2002 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Winging It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winging It

The Lovely Bones by Alice SeboldElsewhere by Gabrielle ZevinIf I Stay by Gayle FormanA Certain Slant of Light by Laura WhitcombBefore I Fall by Lauren Oliver
YA Post-Death Novels
57th out of 108 books — 318 voters
Rapture by Lauren KateChosen by P.C. CastBetrayed by P.C. CastMarked by P.C. CastPassion by Lauren Kate
Book that has been read of most people
14th out of 85 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat Herondale
My childhood books! I will always love this series,I think she did such a great job with them.To this day I'm still attached to the characters,the lot was so original and I loved the missions,it's just amazing. I've re read them recently and I'm so glad that they really are greatly written books,and not just due to my fond memories,still one of my all time favorite series,and I hope others have read them too.I actually had the pleasure of meeting Annie when she came to my school! I'm so glad my ...more
Brittany M.

I read this series when I was in grade nine, and loved them so much... now, when I re-read them, they're still good but clearly for younger teenagers. I finished the book in little more than an hour.

I like the concept of it: dead girl in heaven, sent to go back in time to be an angel in all those historical events we know of... it's charming, really.

I recommend this series for budding readers (young girls in the ages between 10-15) who are looking for a good story with a relatable main charact
Beth
I first read this in year six and loved it then, but I was wary of it seeming less challenging and therefore less enjoyable this time around... Good to know I was wrong!
Shannon
I got this book first from one of those book order things, that schools would send home with the kids. You know how exciting those were.

I enjoyed the book, but got a little freaked out when Mel died, I was only in second grade. So a while ago, I picked up "The Heavenly Collection" with the first three books and started back in.

I can genuinely say I loved them. I really enjoy the going back in time parts, and Mel and Lola's friendship. Highly recommend for grades 6-10.
Angelique
I read this years ago and I remember loving it. it was one if the very few books that I read from start to finish while I was in school. I never got past the first book though, but have thought about this book and finishing this series every so often. I hope that I'll have enough time this summer to read them all, even if they are tailored for teens. I did enjoy this book when I read it.
Olivera
Like many people, I read this when I was 10 to 14yrs old I would say. I remember getting 3 at Christmas and reading them in about 2 days. I really liked the concept and historical sides of them. I used to get so excited over them, would definitely recommend as YA fiction.
Lilee White
This was just one of those books you read as a child and the plot just stays with you. loved it as a kid, rereading it now I know it was written for a younger audience but I still love it. Great book XD
♆Beth♆♫ᴺᵒʷ ᴵ ᶳᵖᵉᶰᵈ ᵐʸ ᵗᶤᵐᵉ˒ ᵗʰᶤᶰᵏᶤᶰᵍ 'ᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵃ ʷᵃʸ ᵃ ʷᵃʸ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵒᶠᶠ ᵐʸ ᵐᶤᶰᵈ♫ Jackson
I haven't read this book in over 3 years. But I still remember a lot of it. Like, I remembered Mel, Lola, Reuben and Michael. But I had completely forgotten about A..., the twins and Orlando. These books are a lot shorter than I'm used to, but sometimes that's good! I think this book probably could have been a little longer, as parts (the mission, the kindergarten etc.) I think could have definitely been longer.
(view spoiler)
Emmylou Rose
I loved the series when I was younger and the plot have just stayed with me through all the years but to be honest, the first book was a little hard to swallow - but then again; it is worth reading it because when the adventures begin, you will be loving it!
Cris Mercury
I loved this series when I was around 14 or so, they were full of adventure and fantasy. I read from the first to the sixth, and even being 20, now that I know that there are 5 more to go, I'll read them without a doubt.
MissA
i ahve read mostr of the series of the book and i have to say annie dalton is really talented though i would say these kind of books are for the younger readers. the story is baout a girl called Mel who has died in a car crash and become an angel. at first when i read it i thought it eould quite sad but the book is more of an adventure story in each book she gets teleported to a different century a different time where she has to use her angel powers to elimiante all the bad angels, although i w ...more
Megan
Dec 09, 2014 Megan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teenagers
I can't remember much of this book, but I know when I read this as a teen I loved it

Fantastic story for a teenager, i don't think anyone not in that age bracket should really read it
Charlotte White
I read these when I was 11 or 12... I'm turning 21 this month and it's safe to say I constantly find myself thinking about these stories. Brilliant childhood books.
Thetravelingpanda
I read that book as a child, and it was really good! it was not the every day children book you can find and it was somehow funny. The protagonist was also great.
Marte
This book is great!I loved it!
Hayley Treasure
I read this book as a child and it was the only one I ever had the patience to finish! Unfortunatley at that age I didn't bother collecting the others to read but I have recently found the book again in a cupboard and read it to my 5 year old daughter. She absolutely adores the characters and we are now collecting the other books and currently reading the second. I would recommend. :-) x
Gen
Story about a dead teenager who joins a group of time-travelling angels that save the world. A fun read for tweens/younger teens
Ginag
My no 1 book series from about ages 11-17 I ❤️ mel beeby :)
Natacha
I read this entire series on Danish when I was a kid and loved it. So one day I felt really nostalgic and decided to buy the first one on English and god that was a good decision. It was just as cute as I had remembered it! I flew through it.
Awesome book.
Rinda Rosifitriani Rohimi
bercerita tentang seorang anak yang sudah meninggal diusia 13 tahun,dan masuk di akademi malaikat,dan ia menjadi malaikat kecil,tapi dia adalah anak yang sangat malas,tetapi pemberani dan ia mengalami petualangan bersama teman yang berbeda zaman
Jasmine Anne Victoria Bamber
A great read it puts angels in a different light and sows that you donn't have to be sickly sweet to be nich. As Mel learn as she becomes a 13 year old angel and learns helping some on is more importent then a trophie.
Andie
Read this way back when I was younger. It was still enjoyable but some of the dialogue just made me cringe so hard. The writing was easy to read and the characters are lovely to read about.
Lexi
It wasn't that good. I mean t read it when I was in like fifth grade and I loved it. But to be honest.....it wasn't that good. I like it but I fist love it....
Patrycja
I've read it years ago! Someone just add it to his/her shelf and I recognized the cover and was flooded by memories. When I was about 13 I loved this series!!
sinta nisfuanna
Cerita tentang bocah umur 13 tahun yang meninggal kemudian rohnya [?:] masuk ke akademi malaikat. Misinya cuman secuil, banyaknya maen ma belanja -_-"
Sabira
i remember when i used to be obsessed with these books a few years back - brings back memories and i didnt fully understand the plot
Lisa M
I remembered reading this when I was 14 or so, and loving the idea of ass-kicking angels. I just love Mel Beeby.
Sally
Nov 22, 2010 Sally rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Tara
Once it got going it was actually really cute! Lots of fun, and I appreciated the unexpected WWII London setting. :)
Dru
enjoy the character's first person perspective. a cool series for older girls who may be reluctant readers.
Rosina
I loved these books when I was younger. I wonder if I still have some lying about.
  • Reach for the Stars (Fame School, #1)
  • The Scent of Magic (Doomspell, #2)
  • Another Amy (Replica, #3)
  • The Exiles in Love (The Exiles, #3)
  • Plastusiowy Pamiętnik
  • Cruel Kings and Mean Queens (Horrible Histories)
  • The Haunting of Granite Falls
  • Pulpecja (Jeżycjada, #8)
  • Felix, Net i Nika oraz Gang Niewidzialnych Ludzi (Felix, Net i Nika, #1)
  • Dziewczyna i chłopak czyli heca na 14 fajerek
  • Princess Callie and the Totally Amazing Talking Tiara (Callie Chronicles, #1)
  • Wakacje z duchami
  • Bulging Brains (Horrible Science)
Dalton grew up as an only child in the English countryside during the 1950s. Her father was not always around, but when he was, he would tell her fantastical stories, often with her as the principal character. Her father left the family for good. Dalton missed him and his stories, which led her to the fantasy section at her local library, thus sparking life-long love of fiction.

After undertaking j
More about Annie Dalton...
Isabel: Taking Wing (Girls of Many Lands, England) Losing the Plot (Angels Unlimited, #2) Flying High (Angels Unlimited, #3) Calling the Shots (Angels Unlimited, #4) Fighting Fit (Angels Unlimited, #6)