Start by marking “Dragonswan (Were-Hunter #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Dragonswan (Were-Hunter #0.5)

Dragonswan (Dark-Hunter: Were-Hunter 0.5)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  14,889 Ratings  ·  374 Reviews
Channon (Shannon with C) MacRea has spent years studying the legendary Dragon Tapestry, deciphering Old English symbolism. One evening delectable Sebastian Kattalakis appears -- a dragon slayer trapped between two worlds -- claims to hold the key to solving the tapestry’s mysteries. Channon follows him into a fantastic alternate world of magic, danger, and adventure.
Also i
Published September 27th 2005 by Jove (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Dragonswan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragonswan

Dragon Bound by Thea HarrisonDragon Actually by G.A. AikenAbout a Dragon by G.A. AikenWhat a Dragon Should Know by G.A. AikenLast Dragon Standing by G.A. Aiken
Dragon Shifters
19th out of 314 books — 692 voters
City of Bones by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareFallen by Lauren Kate
Books with Angels, Gods, or Demons
365th out of 1,754 books — 2,773 voters

More lists with this book...

Sita
Oct 03, 2011 Sita rated it liked it
description

This book is okay; compared to a lot of Sherrilyn Kenyon’s other books it is okay, not great but okay. Can’t say I’d recommend it, because I really didn’t like either of the characters but it is entertaining, although truthfully check out some of her other novella’s, this one really isn’t that good.

Carmen
Mar 02, 2016 Carmen rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Weredragon Lovers
I hate to rate this so low. I mean, it's just a fantasy.

You're a history professor specializing in pre-Norman Britain. A gorgeous guy who's six five comes into your office and starts chatting you up. Even though you're plain-looking (?) and your shirt is misbuttoned, your socks don't match, and you're dressed like a frump, this guy finds you irresistible. He takes you out to dinner.

Instead of being intimidated by your job, you find he can quote Beowulf in Old English from memory. He walks you ba
Julianna
Sep 13, 2010 Julianna rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Sherrilyn Kenyon & Paranormal Romance
"3.5 stars" I found Dragonswan to be an interesting departure from Sherrilyn Kenyon's usual writing style. I admit that I have only read a handful of her stories, but of the ones I have read to date, her style seems to be a combination of humorous and touching. Dragonswan had a little of both of these characteristics, but seemed much more serious in it's presentation of the mythological angle. It is related to the Dark-Hunters series, and I think that perhaps it is meant to present some extra hi ...more
Kay
Aug 28, 2012 Kay rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: herps gonna derp
Recommended to Kay by: you got me at "free"
Pure romantic escapism with smexysex.

I had downloaded this for free a while ago, and randomly read it while traveling because of it was short. Which is what I recommend you do--download it for free, I mean. Because this was a typical instalust tale featuring a good-girl-but-inner-freak heroine and a highly fecund, hotter-than-your-mother's-electric-stove alpha male who is also...PART REPTILE.

I said fecund!!

My point being, this book is like 14872048 other paranormal smut on sale in bookstores. I
Renégade ♥
3 1/2 to 4 stars

And so begins this interesting novella that takes us on an adventure with Channon (that's Shannon spelled with a 'C') and Sebastian, who is more than he first appears to be... despite, of course, appearing to be incredibly gorgeous, intelligent, charming, with a sense of humor, as well as highly jumpable:

(view spoiler)
Jacqueline
Nov 30, 2014 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves sarcastic dry humor, awesome fight scenes, and sexy characters
Recommended to Jacqueline by: No one; but the series was recommended by a B.A.M saleswoman
Shelves: series-dark-hunter, author-sherrilyn-kenyon, trope-hero-tortured, trope-hero-across-the-tracks, trope-heroine-across-the-tracks, trope-hero-genius-or-cerebral, trope-fairy-tale-beauty-beast, trope-heroine-plain-or-ugly, trope-heroine-genius-or-cerebral, genre-romance-paranormal, trope-heroine-working-class, trope-hilarity-within, trope-heroine-wallflower, trope-not-your-usual-conflict, trope-lessons-in-love, trope-hero-alpha, trope-hero-in-pursuit, trope-hero-introverted, trope-heroine-misfit, trope-heroine-in-pursuit, trope-heroine-introverted, trope-heroine-tortured, trope-heroine-bluestocking, trope-pnr-fated-to-be-mated, trope-hero-jealous-protective, trope-pnr-good-v-evil, trope-pnr-adventure, trope-pnr-nonhumans, trope-heroine-alpha, trope-hero-ethnic-flavor, trope-adventure, trope-in-deception, trope-hero-misfit, trope-heroine-prim-and-proper, trope-mystery-within, trope-alt-america-europe-setting, trope-brit-american-pairing, trope-fairy-tale-ugly-duckling, trope-shhh-its-a-secret, trope-heroine-tomboy, trope-challange-bet-or-deal, trope-forbidden-love, trope-perfect-banter, trope-hero-recluse, trope-hero-deformity-scars-disabled, trope-hero-in-disguise, trope-hero-in-deception, trope-hero-job-self-made, trope-hero-knight-in-shining-armor, trope-revenge-plot, trope-hero-scorned, trope-pnr-hero-beast-shifter, trope-pnr-human-other-pairing, trope-pnr-lite, trope-pnr-heroine-human-transformed, trope-pnr-heroine-human, trope-pnr-hero-cursed, trope-pnr-hero-warlock, trope-pnr-hero-begifted, trope-pnr-hero-guardian-warrior, trope-pnr-hero-psychic, trope-pnr-shifters, trope-heroine-job-governess-teacher, trope-hero-job-warrior, trope-hero-job-bodyguard, trope-siblings-or-family-within, trope-heroine-hoyden-or-spirited, genre-romance-parahistorical, trope-pnr-hero-nonhuman, trope-hero-smitten-with-heroine, trope-mistaken-or-hidden-identity, trope-star-crossed-love, trope-hero-in-need-of-a-wife, trope-hero-rogue-or-rake-fake, trope-older-man-younger-woman, trope-hero-feels-inferior, trope-courtship-dance, trope-opposites-attract, trope-hero-ethnic-geek-roman, classified-five-stars

Read: November 1, 2013 - November 3, 2013
Read: May 3, 2010
Read: March 2007
Read: October 13 2005

DRAGONS!...Em...*Clears throat.* -DRAGONS!-

Yep! Dragons. That's, well, that's pretty much my entire review for this lovely little short story. "But, Jacquie!" as you're inevitably not screaming at me, "Is the story good? Is it bad? WHAT, DAMN IT?!" Calm down, my curious friends, for the answer is yes; yes, it's good. The characters are likable; Shannon with a C is nice, Sebastian is nice. The plot is
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Sep 05, 2011 Unapologetic_Bookaholic rated it it was amazing
This short story introduces the dragon shifter to the Dark Hunter series. I believe it was a short story because it only took a few pages to explain this world and I don't think a full length novel was needed. Sometimes, I see, why authors give us just a bit. To explain what they need and move on. Esp in these series. I liked the character storyline and explanation of the creation of their species. It goes into a lot of detail whereas in other novels its just a couple sentences.
Lanie (Lanies Book Thoughts)
Sebastian is a loner, exiled by his family to wander forever alone. Being alone is a painfully lonely thing for a dragon that loves company. He has one chance at redemption but by doing so he may lose his one chance at happiness.

Channon is a lover of history and lore so is it any surprise she's attracted to the sexy medieval man standing in front of her.

Dragonswan is the first book I've read by Sherrilyn Kenyon and I must say I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed it for the most part. I thought
Exina
Apr 15, 2016 Exina rated it it was ok
Dragonswan can be read as a stand-alone story, but contains references to the basic mythology of the Dark Hunter Universe series.

It explains not only the origins and the roots of the conflict between the Arcadians and the Katagaria, but provides a very coherent myth behind it.
The characteristics, specialities of Arcadians and Katagaria are very interesting and logical.

Sebastian is a typical alpha hero with the appearance of a Greek god, a pinch of remorse, and some extras, such as shape-shifti
This was an okay story, but I found it all very predictable. Sebastian was very domineering, and basically wanted to sweep Channon off her feet and keep her bare-foot and pregnant in a different freaking century, and she went along with it because he was so hot. And then we got a whole soul-mates/bonding type thing going on as well.
6 out of 10
Martel
Mar 15, 2016 Martel rated it liked it
What ???
She had to give up watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer in order to live with him?
Sorry, this story was just too cruel for me...
but then a nice HEA (view spoiler) occurred...;)
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
The female mc's name is Channon, which I was pronouncing "Chan-on," like Channing (Tatum), but no, her name is Shannon, except spelled with a C. Hate it. A girl in college named Channon told me "I like your face" in a very aggressive manner at a party once, supposedly it was complimentary, but I found it disturbing and wondered if she was planning to cut my face off and wear it later. She did not, but it made me dislike the name. Of course, I never liked the name Shannon either.

The horrible nam
Tiah
Aug 02, 2009 Tiah rated it did not like it
I'm not sure why this story is part of the Dark Hunter series. It is really short which makes it hard to connect to the story and the characters. I'm not a fan of books that have characters who are perfect strangers having sex within the first chapter and then finding out they are life mated. I'm going to continue with the Dark Hunter series but this one could have totally been skipped.
Carol
Jan 24, 2009 Carol rated it it was amazing
I didn't like the fact that there were only 86 pages in Dragonswan because as with all SK's books, I want to keep reading about her characters. This was a story that could have have gone on and on. I loved Channon and Sebastion and their relationship. In reality, only Sherrilyn Kenyon could have created a beautiful love story in 86 pages.
N.L. Riviezzo
Very enjoyable. I was happy to get some Were-Dragon action after having read a large portion of the Dark-Hunter series. I'd like some more Were-Dragon action in the future. Say yes to Drakos! The only problem I had with the story - it was too short. I wanted some more Dragon lovin'.
Esther
Mar 17, 2016 Esther rated it really liked it
I recently realized that I did not read this one when I was reading the whole Dark Hunter universe series so well, I just had to read especially since I have really missed me some good paranormal romances.

Sherrilyn Kenyon does not disappoint. NEVER!

This was a fast paced novel that was fun to read and it brought with it smiles and a simple paranormal story that I will recommend it to everyone.

I enjoyed reading this one and as much as I want to write more, I find, sometimes that the shortest sen
Frishawn Quinn
Sherrilyn is a true master at blending historical truth, mythos, passion, and fantasy in new and pulse pounding ways with each adventure.

The story of Channon and Sebastian is both romantic and action packed. Because it is also a short story, it is the perfect way to avoid the book hangovers that inevitably result when one is between larger novels.

This book also serves as in intro into the were-hunter segment of the Hunterverse. It is here that we learn of the were-creation, their divisions, and
Pete
Mar 18, 2015 Pete rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kenyon-sherrilyn
Dragonswan is the first Were-Hunter Series book 0.5 by Sherrilyn Kenyon which got my attention quickly on the very first paragraph.
”Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy when roasted and taste good with ketchup.” I started looking around for Akri’s Simi and her barbecue. Simi is one of my favorite Dark Hunter characters.

Dr. Channon MacRae had been staring at the famous Dragon Tapestry when 6’5” Sebastian Kattalakis (Mr. Do-Me-Right-Now) appeared and began speaking to her. She had been study
Álex
Mar 24, 2013 Álex rated it it was ok
Quanto ao mito que cerca a origem dos Arcadias e Katagaris, gostaria que tivesse sido exposto a que tipo de forças anti-naturais Lycaon, avô de Sebastian, recorreu para criar esta raça híbrida, atitude esta incapaz de ter sido prevista ou frustrada pelas Moiras, o que soou estranho, já que elas são responsáveis pelos destinos e são criaturas altamente poderosas.

Quanto ao romance, a ideia da predestinação não é algo essencialmente ruim; mas embora isto seja real, o que há é o potencial para que o
Martina Koleva
Jul 06, 2012 Martina Koleva rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It goes against my believes that short stories aren't as satisfying as a full scale novels are.
The books was fairly short but it is all I'm looking for in a fantasy book. IT was dark, dangerous, very, very sexy, mysterious, entertaining and compelling. It was absolutely fabulous and I enjoyed it very, very much.
It also gave me a pretty good explanation about the Arcadians and the Katagarians, It gave me an understanding to their world and their rules.
I also got t
Leah
Crystal
I have a feeling that every one of these I read is going to be similar. I like them, but this is the second time I read about the guy meeting this girl who isn't usually his type, can't be with due to obligations in his life but OMG MUST HaVE HER cuz he can't bear to be away from her even though they just met... Same for the girl who is written as self conscious, thinks poorly of her looks. Says that somehow this dude completes her and she aches for him to possess her. It's the same thing each t ...more
Funzee Shu

"Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy when roasted and taste good with ketchup." ~ Sebastian Kattalakis

"Be kind to dragonswans, for thou art gorgeous when naked and taste good with Cool Whip." ~ Channon MacRea

Hmm....I read the Indonesian version first, then....I read the English version right after that !
Blame my curiosity then ! ()

And then....I decided to write my review in English....

I only can say the story way to short, but still....I like it....

Sebastian Kattalakis ??
Is he have any r
Evey
Actual rating: 1,5 stars.

Man, this was bad. The type of bad that makes me laugh at how bad is. And it's kind of sad, not only because I hate reading bad books, but because I was so happy to get into the Dark Hunters universe. But this one was an epic fail.

Stay the hell outta this one if you hate

-Insta love. They met and POOF, they were in love already. Like no-no. Authors, please, cut it off with this damn, lame cliché.
-Fluff, fluff, fluff. The kind of fluff that will make you puke and poop rai
Danielle
Jan 27, 2014 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes
Shelves: sherrilyn-kenyon
Channon MacRea, history professor of University of Virgina has spent a lifetime studying a dragon tapastery. Surprised by tall, dark, Sebastian Kattalakis who is drawn to Channon while getting details finalized at the museum where he plans on stealing the tapestry. Sebastian claims to know the answers to the questions that Channon has regarding her tapestry. One kiss later Channon is transported back in time with Sabastian. There she learns about the history of the tapestry, Sabastian's past and ...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
You'll probably see this cut/paste opinion in a few of my were-hunter reviews but I'm not liking the spin on weres in this series, and I can't see much else when I'm reading the were books. Their story doesn't read all that cohesive with the Dark Hunter world. Dark Hunters have limitations on their powers and can't just do whatever they want, whenever they want, but weres get to bend and shape time and the world around them, even though they are not nearly as evolved as Dark Hunters are. Disappe ...more
Fanny Roswita Ria
Judul buku ini mengingatkan gw ke film "Swan Lake" even ga ada hubungan apapun tapi setiap baca jdl buku ini lansung ke inget sama film itu. Adalah Channon pake "C", sang heroine yang berprofesi sebagai profesor dg major Inggris Pra Normandia sdh meneliti mengenai lukisan naga yang terpampang berpuluh tahun di museum. Sejak kecil Channon pake "C" menyukai sulaman pada lukisan tsb dan menyakini ada banyak kisah yang diungkapkan oleh lukisan tsb.

Sebastian, sang hero yang tdk lain adl Pangeran Arca
Aurian Booklover
Mar 01, 2014 Aurian Booklover rated it really liked it
First sentence in this novella, and I am certain you all have seen it somewhere, perhaps on a bumper sticker, or perhaps you have read this novella:

That is of course one hell of a pickup line. Channon MacRea is busy studying the ancient Dragon tapestry in the museum, when the most gorgeous man she has ever seen, starts talking to her. He seems genuinely interested in her, and her thoughts on the tapestry. He is not
Edna
Dec 14, 2009 Edna rated it did not like it
Okay so this was almost on par with being as bad as Fantasy Lover (the Claiming? *rolls eyes* I wanted to pound my head on a desk.). The romance aspect continues to come up short and the plot leaves more to be desired. The saving grace of it all was that this was only a short story. There were little bits in here that made me slightly hopeful that these books could get better: Slayers, Arcadians and Katagaria. I think my best bet might be to just read Acheron only.
Joana
{2.5}

Sinopse (em inglês)

Scholar Channon MacRea has spent years studying the legendary Dragon Tapestry, devoting days and nights to deciphering the impenetrable Old English symbolism.

Then one evening the mysterious Sebastian appears. He claims to hold the key to solving the tapestry’s mysteries… He also claims to be a dragon slayer trapped between two worlds.

For Channon there’s only one way to finally uncover the secrets of the intricate embroidery-- by following this stranger into a fantastic
Kenyons Minions: Dragonswan BOTM 17 45 Jun 20, 2014 07:18PM
Order of Series 3 35 Dec 07, 2008 01:41PM
Kenyon Minions 1 10 Feb 11, 2008 08:08AM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • The Only One (Dark, #11; Star, #0.5; Companion, #0.5)
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • How Beauty Met the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #1)
  • Master of Dragons (Mageverse #5)
  • Master of Sin (Courtesan Court, #4)
  • Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5)
  • Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Dark-Hunter: Were-Hunter (9 books)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #17; Were-Hunter, #4; Hellchaser, #1)
  • No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #18, Were-Hunter, #5)
  • The Guardian (Dark-Hunter, #20; Dream-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #6; Hellchaser, #3)
  • Time Untime (Dark-Hunter #21; Hellchaser, #4; Were-Hunter, #7)
  • Son of No One (Dark-Hunter, #24; Hellchaser, #5; Were-Hunter, #8, Lords of Avalon, #3)
  • Dragonbane  (Dark-Hunter #25; Lords of Avalon, #4; Were-Hunter, #9, Hellchaser, #6)

“Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy when toasted and taste good with ketchup. (Sebastian)” 251 likes
“I’m here because I know the sadness inside you. I know what it feels like to wake in the morning, lost and lonely and aching for someone to be there with me. (Sebastian)” 58 likes