Nobody's Hero

Nobody's Hero

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Rick Ranière, an underground white rapper with misogynistic tendencies—and the songs to prove it—runs into Carolyn Coffman, the best-selling biracial author of Fighting the Pheromone Factor, he knows she’s like no woman he’s ever met. Carolyn knows she really needs to stay upwind.

But the canyons of Manhattan keep shifting the breeze—and Rick’s policy of never trustin...more
Published (first published January 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Nobody's Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody's Hero

Stephanie E
I had such a hard time following this book. I am going to try reading it again and write a review.
Terry
Have you ever been hungry for something but didn’t quite know what you were hungry for? Chocolate ? Maybe .. but no. Chips? Not quite. That was how I was feeling with my romance reading. I wanted something. Different. But what? Then I opened Melanie Harvey’s, "Nobody’s Hero."

It’s the story about a white rapper, Ricky Rain, who derailed himself on the way to making it big. He’s obligated to one more record on his three deal record contract and the well to his stock and trade, words, has run dry....more
Deloris
What do you say when you have read the last page of a book and are relived its over? This book is some work. You have to concentrate to know which character is talking and pay attention so you will know what's going on. I liked the characters is this book Ricky Raine and Cynthia two opposites attract ,but its more a meeting of the minds than bodies. I liked the fact that the author wrote Rick's rap lyrics into the story it made the story interesting, I liked the fact that they were not supposed...more
Debra Crosby
It took a while for me to get into but once I did I wanted to know what would happen next. There were times I did not know who was speaking.
♡Meme♡Reads love♡
Melanie Harvey writes a wonderful story about a WM rapper and a BW author who fall in love. I have to say this was a wonderful surprise and a interesting way to write about an interracial couple in a different way. One you don't hear about that often if not at all.

I have to admit at first I was kinda wondering how all this was going to play out. But as I read, and kept on reading. I got that happy and fuzzy feeling inside. The way Ricky's mind works was amazing to me and Carolyn was a interest...more
Trea
A lot of the reviews on Amazon.com about this book were conflicting, making it really unclear if this would be an enjoyable book for me, so let me just speak plainly about it: I thought it was a waste of the time it took me to grind through 24% of this book. The rapper was extremely difficult to understand speech wise, probably because I didn't have an ebonics dictionary right next to me. The woman seemed to waffle back and forth about seeing this guy, and there seemed to be little or no history...more
Melissa
It is so fresh, and true to life! The characters are so real they just jump right out of the book and into your spirit. When they feel sad, YOU feel sad, when they're happy, YOU feel happy, and for an Author to be able to do that, in my opinion is the mark of a truly gifted author.

The author has created these amazing characters that you will find yourself so caught up in what they're going to do next, you won't want to put the book down. I know I didn't.

I can't recommend this book highly enoug...more
Lakisha
Great build-up. It can get confusing in places, but I loved the storyline.
velvetgypsy
Quite frankly my attempts at completing this novel weren't met! I may attempt once again to read but it was difficult just keeping up..too much shit going for me.
2.5 * til I'm done
EJ MACK
I did like this. I can read it again.
Tianne Shaw
Tianne Shaw marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Pualani
Pualani marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Sarinity
Sarinity marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Cheri
Cheri marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Jodie
Jodie marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014