Start by marking “Nobody's Hero” as Want to Read:
Nobody's Hero

Nobody's Hero

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  99 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
When Rick Ranière, an underground white rapper with misogynistic tendencies—and the songs to prove it—runs into Carolyn Coffman, the best-selling biracial author of Fighting the Pheromone Factor, he knows she’s like no woman he’s ever met. Carolyn knows she really needs to stay upwind.

But the canyons of Manhattan keep shifting the breeze—and Rick’s policy of never trustin
Published (first published January 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Nobody's Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nobody's Hero

Stephanie E
Jan 22, 2012 Stephanie E rated it liked it
I had such a hard time following this book. I am going to try reading it again and write a review.
Terry
Have you ever been hungry for something but didn’t quite know what you were hungry for? Chocolate ? Maybe .. but no. Chips? Not quite. That was how I was feeling with my romance reading. I wanted something. Different. But what? Then I opened Melanie Harvey’s, "Nobody’s Hero."

It’s the story about a white rapper, Ricky Rain, who derailed himself on the way to making it big. He’s obligated to one more record on his three deal record contract and the well to his stock and trade, words, has run dry.
Deloris
Nov 13, 2013 Deloris rated it liked it
What do you say when you have read the last page of a book and are relived its over? This book is some work. You have to concentrate to know which character is talking and pay attention so you will know what's going on. I liked the characters is this book Ricky Raine and Cynthia two opposites attract ,but its more a meeting of the minds than bodies. I liked the fact that the author wrote Rick's rap lyrics into the story it made the story interesting, I liked the fact that they were not supposed ...more
Debra Crosby
Jan 21, 2012 Debra Crosby rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, own
It took a while for me to get into but once I did I wanted to know what would happen next. There were times I did not know who was speaking.
Jazzy
Mar 21, 2016 Jazzy rated it really liked it
Nobody's Hero is a sweet, hearwarming love story. Bi-racial author Carolyn Coffman is on the David Letterman show promoting her book "Fighting The Pheromone Factor"; a book that warns women to avoid falling for the "wrong" guy by being swayed by chemistry. White underground rapper Rick Raniere - or Ricky Rain - is also making a special guest appearance. Not that he warrants a Letterman spot, but Guillotine his old friend and successful rapper is appearing and is having Ricky on with him for a du ...more
♡Meme♡Reads love♡
Melanie Harvey writes a wonderful story about a WM rapper and a BW author who fall in love. I have to say this was a wonderful surprise and a interesting way to write about an interracial couple in a different way. One you don't hear about that often if not at all.

I have to admit at first I was kinda wondering how all this was going to play out. But as I read, and kept on reading. I got that happy and fuzzy feeling inside. The way Ricky's mind works was amazing to me and Carolyn was a interest
Trea
May 20, 2015 Trea rated it did not like it
Shelves: challenges-2013, dnf
A lot of the reviews on Amazon.com about this book were conflicting, making it really unclear if this would be an enjoyable book for me, so let me just speak plainly about it: I thought it was a waste of the time it took me to grind through 24% of this book. The rapper was extremely difficult to understand speech wise, probably because I didn't have an ebonics dictionary right next to me. The woman seemed to waffle back and forth about seeing this guy, and there seemed to be little or no history ...more
Erika
Nov 11, 2014 Erika rated it really liked it
Shelves: interracial
Good story. I think the author did not realize how many words the characters spoke. Therefore it was challenging to recall by the end of the book the conversations from the beginning. But the characterization was very good. I felt Rick's pain.
M
Jul 24, 2013 M rated it it was amazing
It is so fresh, and true to life! The characters are so real they just jump right out of the book and into your spirit. When they feel sad, YOU feel sad, when they're happy, YOU feel happy, and for an Author to be able to do that, in my opinion is the mark of a truly gifted author.

The author has created these amazing characters that you will find yourself so caught up in what they're going to do next, you won't want to put the book down. I know I didn't.

I can't recommend this book highly enoug
Lakisha
Jun 06, 2014 Lakisha rated it really liked it
Great build-up. It can get confusing in places, but I loved the storyline.
Sue
Jan 27, 2015 Sue added it
dnf
EJ MACK
Sep 20, 2012 EJ MACK rated it liked it
I did like this. I can read it again.
Nicole Stoddart
Nicole Stoddart rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Lisa Muhammad
Lisa Muhammad marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
148fanwill
148fanwill rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Jaymie
Jaymie marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Karen Reynolds
Karen Reynolds is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2016
Notsteve
Notsteve marked it as to-read
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Laura Blickenstaff
Laura Blickenstaff marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
K. Chase
K. Chase marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Ndiritu
Ndiritu marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Paula
Paula added it
Jan 30, 2016
Pauline Ndiritu
Pauline Ndiritu marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
  • Have I Told You Lately?
  • What the Earl Desires (Rakes and Rogues, #1)
  • This Time Forever
  • Fall Into Me (Hearts of the South, #7)
  • Three Steps to Heaven (The Raiders, #1)
  • The Pull of Destiny
  • One O'Clock Jump: A Dorie Lennox Mystery
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • Liar's Fire
  • Secrets, Lies, & Love
  • Fight for Love (Hot Latin Men, #2)
  • Red's Hot Honky-Tonk Bar
  • Safe
  • Minding Amy
  • The Man of Their Lives
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • Too Close for Comfort (Loveswept)
  • The Mercy Seat