Confessions of a Bitter Secret Santa

Confessions of a Bitter Secret Santa (Candy Apple #13)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  885 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Christmas . . . bah humbug! Noel thought Christmas couldn't get any worse. First her parents announce that she wouldn't be taking a cool vacation. Then the teacher announces a class secret Santa drawing - and who does Noel get? A stuck-up new girl she barely knows! And who does her BFF get? Noel's secret crush! Can it get any worse? Yes it can! Because Noel's own secret Sa...more
Published October 1st 2008 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 2008)

Avril Anderson
Feb 05, 2014 Avril Anderson rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: middle school girls, Christmas lovers, teenage girls
Recommended to Avril by: My AWESOME BFF Gina :3
Wow....never thought this book would be very good. This book was recommended by my BFF Gina who told me that she enjoyed reading this book, and wanted me to read it. Well, what can I say, it was totally awesome! :)
This is really light-hearted and more of a feel-good book. It does show this tpical plot where a character thinks he/she is have the worse *insert event* (birthday, day, school life, holiday ^^,etc.), but in the end they realized they had the best time. And, I really love reading this...more
Taylor
A secrect santa Gone wrong.
Delaney
Noel thinks she is having a very bad Christmas this year. What with stuck being a secret Santa to girl she doesn't even want and her mom pregnant and a child on the way.

Noel is a loveable character. She is your typical teen girl and her Claire was a very good friend. They shared secret things together and understood each other. Sure Noel in the book at one point, was kind of a b**** but the other characters had their own personalities. I think, if this was a teen book, I could guess what would h...more
Peyton Pounders

I thought this book was absolutely great! That is why I gave it a 5/5, it's Christmasy and I just a really good book all in all! It is about a girl named Noel who's mother is getting ready to have a baby and all her friends are leaving for Christmas break. But she learns new things when she has a secret Santa at her school. The genre is realistic fiction. My favorite quote wad "have I mentioned that the snow started falling that same day my brother was born?" I like it because I think that woul...more
Adiva Siddeky
Hey, Guy's, want to read an awesome review? Well, you should read this review. Okay, let's get started. So, Noel's mom was getting a baby do you want to know who it is? Okay, it's a boy. Noel think's that it won't get any worse. By the way, when I mean it , It means Noel's winter vacation. Then, her teacher says for them to have a secret Santa drawing. Do you want to know who Noel get? Well, She gets the new girl Mia. Her BFF gets her secret crush, Nick.Noel doesn't even know that her secret cru...more
Watermelon Daisy
FIRST IMPRESSION:
The cover is beautiful, don't you think? And the title's really catchy.

WRITING STYLE:
It has one of the simple writing styles, but it managed to hook me right in. You have to consider, however, I was in sixth grade when I read this.

PLOT:
Noel's love-life is very realistic and I love how she and Nick are perfect for each other. Oh, and the whole "Secret Santa" thing is a wonderful twist to this story.

CHARACTERS:
The story behind Noel's name is hilarious. Though I don't think she con...more
Makenna
This was a pretty predictable book, but yet again most the books in this series are.
Kimberly
Sep 29, 2010 Kimberly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants an extremely fantastic book with wonderful characters
Taylor
Noel thought Christmas couldn't possibly get worse, her mom is pregnant, there not going anywhere just sitting around at home! In Noel's class they are doing secret santas and noel really wants her crush, but instead she got...... well you will have to read to find out! I loved this book especially because i read it around Christmas time!
Mariah
Yingxin J.
This story is nicely written. The title decribes the plot of the story, leaving the reader to wonder about what happens. The bitter secret santa thought that their secret santa wasn't doing their job properly and complained about it. Little did she know that something winterly romantic was going to happen.
Hattie
What a stupid book. The characters are as flat as paper, predictable, and the main character is incredibly whiney. This book is so simple it's laughable. I get that it's a kid's book, but you can make a good children's book w/o bad characters, bad writing, bad plot, and no originality.
Lian
Its SUCH a awesome book!
i have read it like 10 times and its still good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am so happy with this book!
its SSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nasia
Awesome uhhh if u look at my books and you see ive read star-crossed well this is apart of the series and its like 20 books in it and the brand is Candy Apple!!!!! READ EM'
Kayli
WOW! This book was awesome! I loved every part of it, it was super well written and the characters were very believable, 5 stars!!!! :)
Alison Condliffe
Girls in my class will love this, easy to read, good storyline. I like all 3 scholastic apple series for 9- 11 year olds.
Danielle v
Trina
Dec 14, 2010 Trina is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
It is a really good book. I havent read it all yet, but its really good
Taylor
Definately a great and quick read to pop you into the holidays
Sabrina A
This is my favorite Candy Apple book. Lara Bergen is a great author.
Rose I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself.
Aug 26, 2011 Rose I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: candy apple lovers
Recommended to Rose by: no one
it was really good, i couldn't stop reading it! YAY! I<3 The series
Alex Jansson
I read this book a few times and everytime it was great!
Zoie
i just finished reading this book and i really like it.
Isabella (All Da Ladies Luv Leo) Thomas
It's very cool and the ending was quite surprising
Laine
I liked this book a lot. I read it in 24 hours :)
Bunny Nelson
great book just read it near christmas
Jenn
Reread--11/15/08
12/19/09
12/19/10
Carrie
I loved this book especially the end
Cristal Espinosa
Idk why but this book is cool
  • Accidentally Famous (Accidentally, #2; Candy Apple #14)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)
  • The Sister Switch (Candy Apple #11)
  • Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)
  • Callie For President (Candy Apple #9)
  • Star-Crossed (Candy Apple #15)
  • Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7)
  • Miss Popularity and the Best Friend Disaster (Miss Popularity #3; Candy Apple #28)
  • The Sweetheart Deal (Candy Apple Special Edition, #1)
  • The Boy Next Door (Candy Apple #2)
  • Madame President (How I Survived Middle School)
  • Miss Fortune (Poison Apple #3)
  • My Last Best Friend
Drama Queen (Candy Apple #5) A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7) I've Got A Secret (Candy Apple #8) Sophie The Awesome See You Soon, Samantha (Candy Apple #25)