Start by marking “Jake Goes Peanuts” as Want to Read:
Jake Goes Peanuts

Jake Goes Peanuts

He would not try tomatoes

or a single Brussels sprout.

And if he tasted something new,

he’d spit that thing right out.

Jake is a picky eater.

Everything new makes Jake’s list of foods he doesn’t like. Everything except peanut butter. Jake loves peanut butter.

Does the whole family have to eat peanuts for every meal? Peanut butter pancakes? Even peanut butter pot roast?!

Will Jak
Published August 17th 2010 by Feiwel & Friends

To ask other readers questions about Jake Goes Peanuts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jake Goes Peanuts

Tasha
Jan 07, 2011 Tasha rated it really liked it
This third Jake book is a yummy choice. Jake was a kid who didn’t like a lot of foods. In fact, he only liked one. Peanut butter. It’s all he wanted to eat for any meal. So his parents hatched a peanut-buttery plan to fix the situation. For an entire week, everything that Jake ate would have peanut butter in it. It sounded like a great plan to Jake! There was peanut butter roast, peanut butter pancakes, peanut butter soda cooled by peanut butter ice, peanut butter turkey. Even Jake’s dog got to ...more
Dani Moore
Jul 30, 2010 Dani Moore added it
Recommends it for: Any parent with a picky eater
Just recieved my advance reader copy! (mine is a paperback) Read it to my grandaughter who at 22 months is a little under the age range for this book, but she very much enjoyed looking at it .
The Graphics are very bright and bold with a quirky sensibility, somewhat simular in style to Gary Larson's Far Side cartoons.
I especially enjoyed the change in type from standard typeface to a handwritten "voice bubble" and back again. Everyone who has ever eaten their mother's tuna casserole will empathis
Amy
Dec 14, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
Recommended to Amy by: Hamster
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
Jake Goes Peanuts was a pretty entertaining story! A great deal of the humor in this book is in the illustrations, and the more carefully they're studied, the more humor there is to find (e.g., a picture of Jimmy Carter, the peanut-loving president, on the refrigerator). I got a big kick out of this book, but that's probably because I am an adult who sometimes has to feed two children who are picky eaters. I think that my niece and nephew liked the book, but not to the same extent that I ...more
Hamster
The story was clever, but it was the illustrations that made me laugh most of all. Very cartoony, very funny. I'll be looking for other books by this author. Beware: there is some bathroom humor that caught me by surprise.
Natalie
Sep 04, 2010 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Rhymes excelllently and mentions poop. It's a winner.
Maeghan Librarian
Sep 25, 2016 Maeghan Librarian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food
I think I am beginning to like Jake a whole lot.

Also: peanut butter poop? Bonus points for jokes.
Fiona
Apr 24, 2012 Fiona rated it liked it
Jake gags when he has to eat lima beans, carrots or any type of vegetable. But the one thing he is certain of, is his love for peanut butter. In fact, he loves peanut butter so much, that he begins to consume a little too much of it. So much to the point where his parents cook up a plan to feed him peanut butter with every meal, in hopes that Jake will change his mind.

The story contains rhymes, and very vividly colored illustrations. It is comedic and suitable for a storytime setting in a libra
Madison
Nov 23, 2013 Madison rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
This book is one of my favorite children's stories I have read in a long time.

It is about a boy named Jake who is a picky eater and only likes Peanut Butter- or so he thinks. His parents decided to have a week of peanut butter, and at first Jake is really excited. They make/bake it into everything they eat, and by the end of the week, Jake is ready to eat all the foods that he did not like at the beginning of the story.

This book is a must read for picky eaters. Hopefully it will make them at lea
Anners
Sep 27, 2010 Anners rated it liked it
I picked up this picture book expecting to read about how a child learned to overcome his self-imposed peanut butter addiction in order to accommodate a friend with nut allergies. What I got instead was a well-told, amusing story of a boy who would only eat peanut butter and/or foods that have been doused in peanut butter. Until, that is...his parents concoct a cunning plan that eventually compels him to try new foods. Parents with picky eaters will identify with and enjoy this story. I was ...more
A
Mar 14, 2016 A rated it really liked it
Jake will eat nothing but peanut butter, until his mom and dad declare they will eat only Peanut Butter foods for a week. Before the week is up, he is entirely sick of peanut butter and now will try just about anything. This story is told in rhym, a lot of fun to read. The illustrations are interesting and remind me of a strange comic or cartoon. Good picture book for a kid who is picky about what he eats.
Alexandria Hiam
Mar 18, 2016 Alexandria Hiam rated it really liked it
Stefani
Jan 13, 2011 Stefani rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-picture
I am such a picky eater, I totally relate to Jake! I loved the hatred of all foods! The rhythm is fantastic and the rhymes don't feel forced. There is even a page of potty humor, which is awesome. This would fit well in any food storytime. It even comments on the kids with peanut allergies, while Jake is eating only peanut butter foods. A new favorite.
Dolly
Aug 19, 2011 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a great book to read with children who are picky eaters, especially those who seem to only like to eat a very select few food items. It depicts an unpleasant experiment where every food, every meal consisted of the same thing over and over. Anyone would tire of that fairly quickly. The illustrations are fun and the narrative is humorous. We really enjoyed reading it together.
Jennybug
Sep 29, 2014 Jennybug rated it really liked it
I loved the name of the book. The art work was really bizarre, and I actually liked it. This is a great book to read to children to get them to start trying new foods.

It reminded me of when my sister got married and moved out. She was so excited to make a whole batch of cookie dough and eat it all by herself. Of course she never did that again. ha ha
Christiana Tarpley
This book could be used in math- the author uses the word "peanut" at least on every page. This would be a great book to use estimation/guessing how many times the author uses the word "Peanut."

Rhyme and Repitition is used as well. Great book to teach about trying new things as well. Jake always ate peanut butter so he missed out on all the other types of foods.
Sheniqua
Mar 17, 2012 Sheniqua rated it really liked it
This a humorous book about Jake, a little boy that loves peanut butter. He won't try any other foods until his parents start using peanut butter in everything! I would let students be creative, use their imagination and come up with as many different peanut butter recipes as possible and actually create a class recipe using measurements etc.
Connie Klever
A cute little story about a picky eater who only wants to eat peanut butter, until his parents feed him only peanut butter flavored items for a week. Cartoon-like illustrations and subject matter will amuse tween audiences. Grades k-4

Jennifer Hess
Mar 21, 2011 Jennifer Hess rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun book! The illustrations are fabulous and full of surprises (Jimmy Carter picture on the fridge). Perfect for parents of picky eaters. The text rhymes and lends itself to successful reading aloud. Thanks Kelli for recommending this title.
Megan
Mar 19, 2015 Megan rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Megan by: Eliot Library
This rhyming book is something most kids can connect to--the woes of a picky eater (and his family) when he will only eat one type of food--peanut butter.
The illustrations are simply hilarious--my favorite part of the book.
Debby Baumgartner
Jake only likes peanut butter. His parents decide to have a week of everything with peanut butter included. Will Jake ever eat anything but peanut butter?
Tam
Jul 31, 2014 Tam rated it really liked it
Such a fun book for picky eaters who like peanut butter! My boys (ages 4 & 8) loved this and so did I!
Lindsay Michael
Aug 26, 2014 Lindsay Michael rated it really liked it
I liked this book because it was funny and made you want to read it until the end. It also shows readers that it is always good to try new things and not just stick with what you know!
Tricia
Aug 29, 2010 Tricia rated it really liked it
Hysterically funny take on the picky eater story...of course, Jake only eats peanuts...until he can't stand anymore. Illustrations amuse without words to highlight the silliness.
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2010
M
M rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2014
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2011
Rach
Rach rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2014
John
Oct 16, 2010 John rated it really liked it
The illustrations cracked me up.
Michelle Gray
Michelle Gray rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2011
Doofenschmirtz
Doofenschmirtz rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Originally an advertising copywriter, now author and illustrator of children's books. Also the author and artist of a comic strip called "Home office".
More about Michael Wright...