Start by marking “Thirteen Unpredictable Tales” as Want to Read:
Thirteen Unpredictable Tales

Thirteen Unpredictable Tales (Uncollected)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This collection of short stories by Paul Jennings are all entirely different, but all are wacky and extraordinary. Subjects range from the longest kiss ever, to a boy who becomes transparent, and all the stories are unpredictable!
Published October 31st 2000 by Penguin Group (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Thirteen Unpredictable Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirteen Unpredictable Tales

Maybe it's just adult short stories I don't really like because I loved this! I didn't even like Paul Jennings when I was younger, I remember getting a couple of his book out of the libary and not being very impressed. I really liked all these stories. I don't think I can pick a favorite. 'No is Yes' sounds very much like a Roald Dahl story I read once but I can't find anything online about I need to know! Maybe I'm wrong but I'm sure the book came free with PG tips....?
Most (if not all?) of these were originally published in other collections.

* Ex Poser
* Spaghetti Pig-Out (so gross, I love it)
* Nails
* Pink Bow Tie
* Ice Maiden
* There's No Such Thing
* Only Gilt
* Clear as Mud
* The Strap Box Flyer (epic all-time favourite)
Brendan Marrett
Shocking, entertaining, and hilarious, Jennings offers us a truly great mix of short stories here. Undoubtedly one of the best books I read in the Noughties, and to be honest, I could easily re-read it and purchase Jenning's other collections.
I've read this book when I was in 4th grade! Haha. I liked it. :) My imagination has gone wild because of this.
It is very interesting although the cover looks like it's a horror book.
Trusha is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2015
Izz added it
Jul 25, 2015
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Noelene Leddy
Noelene Leddy marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Kenechi78 marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Muhammadumer marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Elaine Cheung
Elaine Cheung marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Paul Jennings was born in Heston near London, and at the age of 6 emigrated to Melbourne, Australia on a boat. He was on the boat for 5 weeks with his family. He attended Bentleigh West Primary School and Caulfield Grammar School.

After graduating from school, he went to Frankston Teachers College (now part of Monash University) and became a teacher. He taught students at Frankston State School, Ka
More about Paul Jennings...

Uncollected (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Unreal! (Uncollected)
  • Quirky Tails (Uncollected)
  • Unbelievable! (Uncollected)