Start by marking “The Yanti (Alosha, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Yanti (Alosha, #3)

The Yanti (Alosha #3)

In Alosha and The Shaktra, thirteen-year-old Ali Warner discovered that she was not an ordinary teenager, but was actually Queen of the Fairies. Through seven painful trials, Ali reclaimed many of her magical powers and defeated an elemental army that was preparing to attack the Earth. In the elemental world, Ali learned the true nature of her greatest enemy -- the Shaktra
Published October 3rd 2006 by Tor Teen (first published 1988)

Tony Lavely
Sep 30, 2013 Tony Lavely rated it liked it
I'm posting this unchanged for all three books of the series, because I believe potential readers should be aware that the series is incomplete:

"Ali's story will continue in the next book in the series, Nemi" (last line of The Yanti.)

According to a Pike fan site (http://christopherpikefanclub.com/pag...
"This is Pike[....] Nemi will be published when the Alosha movie is released. I don't control the publication of the book, Tor does. And unless the movie comes out, they won't be inspired enough t
Katie
Sep 08, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it
Really awesome book. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! PLEASE FINISH THIS FANTASTIC SERIES!
Jason
Nov 30, 2012 Jason rated it it was ok
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

I kinda like this book. It doesn’t have weird new Age-y nonsense or piles of nonsensical storylines and plot twists, which is a plus. The main characters aren’t loathsome. Unlike his most recent book Witch World.

But the book’s nothing special. It’s a hodgepodge of a couple of overdone genres, and it’s not particularly original in its rendering. There’s the high fantasy of a teenage fairy queen fighting a war against her evil sister in a game of thrones set in another worl
Rusty
Apr 27, 2014 Rusty rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, children-ya
My first reaction was that the language was too simple but as the story evolved that reaction dissolved and I became involved with the characters. The characters exist in both the green (fairy) world and earth. Ali, the heroine, is the other half of the fairy queen, Geea. There is evil, of course, in the form of an entity which plans to destroy much of the earth's population under the guise of saving it. That entity entices Ali's sister, Doren, to become its thrall on earth to mastermind its des ...more
Nicolle
Mar 05, 2008 Nicolle rated it liked it
i've loved christopher pike since my jr. high days, and i recently got into reading his "adult" novels. this one is part of the alosha series, a literal fairy tale with a sci fi feel. i was a little disappointed with this book though, as i thought this was going to be the last in a trilogy. pike ends it abruptly after the climax of the book and you are left hanging until the next book. makes you wonder how many of these books he is going to write... also, there was no real development of story, ...more
Emily
Mar 08, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it
The third book in the Alosha series deals with what I had thought would be the final battle against the Shaktra. Come to find out, there's a fourth book that's not yet in print (even though this one was published in '06). That was disappointing, as the tale is not yet wrapped up.
Besides that, however, this volume of the series was excellent. More information about the Shaktra (and the Shaktra's superior) is revealed, and the story is advanced. Also, this is a happier book than either of the firs
Belinda
Sep 04, 2015 Belinda rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-4-star
This managed a four from me only because there was so much going on it kept me on my toes. Unfortunately I thought this was the final book where all would be explained and the mystery would end. Shock on me, there is another book. Psht!!

Pike likes many things in one story. Science vs. Magic, Aliens and Future etc. It is nice but can also seem very disorganized.

I did like the past romantic aspect though since it was lacking in the presence and I am the biggest fan of Reincarnation.
Brian Palmer
Feb 22, 2015 Brian Palmer rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
A blending of various genres (fairy life, extradimensional invasion, chosen ones...), this is a serviceable young adult book. But for reasons I have a hard time pinning down, it never grabbed me, and I almost had to force myself to finish it.

As a digression: I read this around the same time as I was playing the video game _Child of Light_ which has minor plot similarities, so I found it amusing to use one as the basis to enrich the other.
Bea
May 09, 2010 Bea rated it did not like it
This book was barely tolerable. As a sequel to the Shaktra, it failed miserably. One only hopes the length of time it's taking McFadden to write "Nemi" means he's correcting all of the obnoxious plot holes and incessant need to quote from every other book of his in order to get his point across. Terrible. I remember when he actually wrote interesting, suspenseful novels.
Karri
Aug 23, 2014 Karri rated it liked it
This has been a good little series, well written with enough adventure and mystical beings mixed in. Suspenseful and fun. A nice twist with how the elemental world mixes in with the human world. Looking forward to "Nemi" hoping that book will answer some unanswered questions.
colleen
Oct 15, 2008 colleen rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes fairy stories
well, at this moment i almost done with it and i cannot say it is completely compelling. that is what happens when you read series books though. this one is the book before the ending. it is wrapping up a bunch of character stories.

i will let u know if the ending is more compelling!
Sky
Jul 01, 2013 Sky rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was the best of the series, with many surprises. I just want to know one thing... Why the heck wont Christopher Pike write Nemi????!!!!!
Denae Christine
Jun 07, 2016 Denae Christine rated it did not like it
It completely lost my interest, and I couldn't finish it. The start of the series was good, but the memory loss and time traveling and dimensional thing wasn't put together well enough.
Tifani Fisher
Jul 05, 2011 Tifani Fisher rated it it was amazing
The third book truely pulls this series together. Putting almost all the pieces in place for the reader. Now I just need to read the fourth book in this "trilogy".
Sabrina
Feb 14, 2014 Sabrina rated it liked it
Not that great, the first two books were really good. This one let me down a little, I want the next book though !!!! NEMI !!!!!
Rohan
Apr 07, 2012 Rohan added it
its a good site for teen <<
Jemeika
Sep 04, 2012 Jemeika rated it it was amazing
I loved loved loved this series, I just wish it had an ending =( . It doesn't sound like there is going to be a forth book.

Bethany
My sister bought this one for me. I enjoyed the first two so I assume that I'll like this one. If not I'll be severly upset.
Rabbah
Rabbah rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Isabel
Isabel rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2014
Daedric
Daedric rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2014
Allis
Allis rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Julie Montgomery
Julie Montgomery rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2012
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2013
Jade
Mar 31, 2011 Jade rated it it was amazing
One of the best books i've ever read cannot wait for the next NEMI!!!! to be released!
Isabelle
Isabelle rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Jim McNerney
Jim McNerney rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2014
Janay S.
Janay S. rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2011
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2012
  • The Giants and the Joneses
  • Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)
  • Emily's House (Akasha Chronicles, #1)
  • Sin and Salvation (The Unseen, #4)
  • Warriors of Ethandun (Warriors #3)
  • Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Volumes 1-3
  • Evolussion (Book Two of the Infinion Series)
  • The Cypher Wheel (Custodian Novel, #3)
  • The Vampire's Heart (The Legion Legacy, #1)
  • The Dark and Deadly Pool
  • Caged View: A Collection of Urban Fantasy Short Stories (Santeria Habitat, #0.5)
  • The Fire (Losing Christina, #3)
  • Prom Date
  • Violet Wings (Violet Wings, #1)
  • 666: The Number of the Beast
  • Summon (Rae Wilder, #4)
  • We are the Monsters
  • Being of Two Minds
19954
Christopher Pike is the pseudonym of Kevin McFadden. He is a bestselling author of young adult and children's fiction who specializes in the thriller genre.

McFadden was born in New York but grew up in California where he stills lives in today. A college drop-out, he did factory work, painted houses and programm
More about Christopher Pike...

Alosha (3 books)
  • Alosha (Alosha, #1)
  • The Shaktra (Alosha, #2)