Discovery-a far out romance

Discovery-a far out romance

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Oregon naturalist Dr Kent Xavier, after a harrowing breakup with his two-timing fiancee, flees to the wilderness to nurse his broken heart---and wounded ego. Some peace and quiet amidst the emerging flora and fauna of very early spring was just what he needed.

Lured into exploring the beautiful planet, xenobiologist Povresle takes a moonlight walk and meets with disaster on...more
Kindle Edition, 2nd, 256 pages
Published by Zapstone Productions LLC (first published September 9th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Discovery-a far out romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discovery-a far out romance

Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)

[Image]The author says that Discovery – A Far Out Romance is “a short and sweet read, something easy to polish off in an afternoon at the beach or with a pot of tea and a fire”. I have to agree.

Dr. Kent Xavier is the main character in Discovery. When he arrives home early and finds his fiancée in bed with another man he goes on a camping trip to try to heal his hurt. Not far from his campsite an alien group is taking samples. When one of the women in the group wanders off and is trapped in a ro...more
Billie
This review is based on a free copy of the book received from the publisher through the Goodreads Advance Reader process.

Dr Kent Xavier just wants to get away from it all. The stress that came from his recent breakup and the desire to just mope and wallow in self pity is what he is after. That will fix everything won’t it !

Povre, not really from this world but non the less enamoured with it’s beauty doesn’t really follow orders but is more a free spirit is also trying to get away from the restri...more
Sophia
I really enjoyed how this story developed. Its a well-written Sci-fi depicting what happens when an alien race quietly tries to study earth and one of the members of the scientific team gets away from the group and is discovered by a human. The world-building of the alien race was easy to follow since explanations came steadily throughout the story instead of one long monologue at the beginning.

The characters' personalities and situations were established for some time before they actually come...more
Scott Stillman
A very good S/F tale of First Contact. He's hiding from the world hiking after a bad breakup. She gets distracted by the pretty flowers and falls down a ravene.
Susan
T.M. Roy’s novel Discovery – A Far Out Romance – is a fun mix of ET and formulaic romance genres. The main protagonist is male, rather than female, and an open-minded scientist who encounters an alien female. Most of the story is spent trying to get the alien back to her ship and people, with assorted evil government agents and SETI types to complicate the return effort. Of course the story has a HEA, in keeping with the stereotypical romance, but it is entertaining none the less. I highly recom...more
L.K. Rigel
I enjoyed this quirky "far out" romance by T.M. Roy so much that I gave away five copies to my newsletter readers. (Plug: Sign up for Rigelodeon, the Newsletter of LK RIgel for free books, interviews with authors, and other newslettery stuff.)

This is a fun, smart interspecies romance (haha) set in the open spaces around Eugene, Oregon. I think of it as Starman meets Midnight Run . A fun twist on the alien/earthling love story - in this one, the alien is female.
Pat Garmer
This was a unique story of romance between a human and an alien. It also had some adventure with chase scenes as government agencies try to intercept the alien lifeform for study. This was a different story but an enjoyable one! I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
Ron
Very enjoyable. I figured how it might end, and was glad to see that I was right. I wouldn't mine a follow-up book.
Barbara Harmon
Awesome book

This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. The content was put together in ways to hold the readers interest. Great book!
Tom Park
Wasn't sure about this one at first. Seemed to be a little off-setting with the opening shot. Then when the action swung to focus on the two main characters, it became interesting.
Is there an unwritten law that all aliens have to be blue? Not that it detracted at all, but seems I have read a few SciFi works where the alien is blue.
Liked the movement of the novel and the nice twist at the end.
Noelia
I received this as a free copy from Goodreads' First read giveaway and I can say that I am pleasantly surprised. Discovery: A Far Out Romance, was a fast and enjoyable read. My first time reading Romantic Science Fiction was definitely not a disappointment, however its not something I'll be reading too often. I will definitely pass the book along to someone who wants a quick but satisfying read.
Rick
Not something to keep on your bookshelf, but a pleasant -- if somewhat predictable -- romp through vaguely familiar territory with a few twists. The author could use some work on building up the connections between characters. Never mind the context of a human/alien tryst, it all happened rather abruptly for my tastes.
Karin
Cute story. I'd be the one to fall or a blue alien with fur. LOL
Brenda
Fast paced. Good story line.
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Cliff
Cliff marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Samantha Arias
Samantha Arias marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Layla
Layla marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Sage
Sage added it
Jun 24, 2014
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
T.M. Roy, formerly writing as Terran Moffat, has been writing stories since she was a child. She blames it on an insatiable reading habit; once she had read everything in sight that looked interesting, even encyclopedias, she had to start writing her own stories.

Science fiction gives her the opportunity to look at the human condition from another point of view. She loves putting on "alien shoes" a...more
More about T.M. Roy w/a Terran Moffat...
Convergence (Journey to Nyorfias, #1) Gravity: Journey to Nyorfias (Book 2) Stratagem - Journey to Nyorfias, Book 3 The Girl With Another Girl In Her Head  (Convergence, Journey to Nyorfias Book 1 Anniversary Edition) JTN Complete (Journey to Nyorfias Omnibus Edition)