Start by marking “Dreamland (Dreamland, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dreamland (Dreamland, #1)

Dreamland (Dreamland #1)

3.88  ·  Rating Details ·  1,232 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Hidden in the Nevada desert is America s most advanced aerospace weapons testing facility. Dreamland is the place where the nation s top minds come to develop artillery and aircraft that push beyond the cutting edge. And where the Air Force s top guns come to test them on the front lines of a new era in warfare The fiasco of a spy s infiltration has the Pentagon looking fo ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published June 1st 2001 by Berkley Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Dreamland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamland

Maryanne
Dreamland 03122008 (Dale Browns Dreamland 1) (Paperback)
by Dale Brown (Author), Jim DeFelice (Author)
Ralph
May 15, 2016 Ralph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
4.0 out of 5 - Action packed military thriller reminiscent of early Tom Clancy.
Rob
Sep 28, 2011 Rob rated it liked it
Decent read. I've been finding the Dreamland series in bits and pieces while deployed, so I'm reading them out of order somewhat. Dale Brown has always had a good writing style, I was hooked on his series right after I read Flight of the Old Dog. I'm not really sure collaboration works well in writing. I've read sci-fi (Rama series) as well as some of the Clancy co-wrote novels and didn't enjoy them as much as the ones written solely by Clarke or Clancy. Might just be a personal thing, but thoug ...more
Pete
Apr 04, 2010 Pete rated it liked it
After Kushiel's Chosen, which took me about three weeks to read, I was looking for a page turner. Dale Brown delivered yet again. In a nice change from others in the list, there is little political intrigue, which had been getting more and more ridiculous, and had made me decide that this would be the last book, if it kept up. Thankfully, Brown kept it to the stuff he knows, airplanes and bang-bang, so I will keep going.
Bob Conner
Jan 18, 2015 Bob Conner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-war
Dale Brown had me with Flight of the Old Dog and he doesn't believe in catch and release. Another awesome read from Brown and the very effective use of continuation of main characters.

When I read Dale Brown, I'm always awed by his technical knowledge, but even more intriguing is his almost clairvoyant ability to write stories that seem to connect with future events.

I find I'm always watching for new releases by Brown.
Heather
I enjoyed the story but it was a little too technical for me. While I enjoy a good military suspense I want a little more to the story and not as much detail about every single plane. I understand this is the first in the series so I will give the next one a try and see if as the series grows some of the technical explanations take a back seat to the storyline.
Cactuskid
Dreamland is the advanced aerospace weapons testing facility in Nevada and the Pentagon is looking for an excuse to shut it down. Lt. Bastian is sent in to try to keep it open but a war zone opens up and he has to send his pilot daughter into the combat zone to do a rescue. Lots of technical stuff in his books.
Ultan
Jul 04, 2011 Ultan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mark
Typical Brown fare...I have enjoyed other parts of his series so I'm taking a shot at this one...planes, tech devices and world trouble spots all in one place in an explosive mixture of suspense and military mayhem...good fun!!!
Bill
Jun 08, 2014 Bill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little far out - but good.
Jim
Mar 28, 2009 Jim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting reading and so far fetched no real thought is involved, just good entertainment.
Russ Biaggi
Jun 17, 2012 Russ Biaggi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great Dale Brown Book and now time to start another....
Antonia
Jun 22, 2013 Antonia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very current military thriller. Kept me entertained at the hospital.
Lucile
Mar 21, 2016 Lucile rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Great read if you like a lot of action and war technology. I do!
Roland
Apr 28, 2014 Roland rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
too long
Pam Starbuck
Not my favorite author. Too much military jargon.
Karla
First on in series - too technical - lots of experimental airplanes
Dennis
Jul 16, 2014 Dennis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing heavy here just great writing and a roller coaster story. Brown's books are always a lot of fun and he knows his stuff. If you like military thrillers then you'll like Dale Brown.
Herb
Aug 17, 2014 Herb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok as military books go. To technical in places. Would recommend to read.
Mick Bird
May 01, 2015 Mick Bird rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great start to the series, read it before and looking forward to getting the remaining books soon
Greg
Not sold on the collaborations with Jim DeFelice. Definitely a different flavor on a familiar theme.
Dale
Finished at 57%, not worth continuing
Colin
Jan 02, 2014 Colin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
always an excellent author have not read one yet that I didnt like
Jay
Dec 21, 2009 Jay rated it liked it
Shelves: dreamland
I have read a few of these books in the past. Always enjoyed Dale Brown's writing. Military fiction at its best. Decided to go back and read the first of the Dreamland series of books.
Clyn
Jun 08, 2009 Clyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical Dale Brown, exciting, intriguing and addicting.
Juli
Nov 26, 2007 Juli rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fluff
Good book to read when spending endless hours in airports... mindless entertainment...
Sally Witt
Feb 24, 2015 Sally Witt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Dale Brown's books and this one was so good. Very rich relationships and technical details that kept me right in the story. Excellent!
John
Jul 23, 2009 John rated it liked it
A highly technical thriller about secret aviation devices and the people who operate them including a love story of sorts. Interesting, but not my type of novel.
Dave Webster
Pretty good. I liked it. typical war novel.
Gwyn Rees
Gwyn Rees rated it really liked it
May 02, 2015
  • Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team, #1)
  • America (Jake Grafton #9)
  • Firebreak (Matt Pontowski, #1)
  • Sea Strike (Amanda Garrett, #2)
  • Phantom Leader (Wings of War, #3)
  • The Shark Mutiny (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #5)
Former U.S. Air Force captain Dale Brown is the superstar author of 25 consecutive New York Times best-selling military-action-aviation adventure novels: FLIGHT OF THE OLD DOG (1987), SILVER TOWER (1988), DAY OF THE CHEETAH (1989), HAMMERHEADS (1990), SKY MASTERS (1991), NIGHT OF THE HAWK (1992), CHAINS OF COMMAND (1993), STORMING HEAVEN (1994), SHADOWS OF STEEL (1996) and FATAL TERRAIN (1997), TH ...more
More about Dale Brown...

Dreamland (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Nerve Center (Dreamland, #2)
  • Razor's Edge (Dreamland, #3)
  • Piranha (Dreamland, #4)
  • Strike Zone (Dreamland, #5)
  • Armageddon (Dreamland, #6)
  • Satan's Tail (Dreamland, #7)
  • End Game (Dreamland, #8)
  • Retribution (Dreamland, #9)
  • Revolution (Dreamland, #10)
  • Whiplash (Dreamland, #11)