Start by marking “Fantasy (Includes: Leopard People, #1; Midnight, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fantasy  (Includes: Leopard People, #1; Midnight, #1)

Fantasy (Leopard People #1)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  3,524 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
In these four new novellas by today's hottest romance writers, a Victorian widow auctions off her most prized possession: herself...a beautiful jungle explorer discovers her own wild side...a bloodthirsty beauty gives in to her darkest desires...and a young woman turns an all-male academy into a school for seduction.
Published March 27th 2007 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published March 26th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Fantasy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fantasy

The Widow's Auction by Sabrina Jeffries
This was a story about a widow who got talked into being in an auction for a night of passion. She'd not really been 'loved' by her first husband, and didn't really know what love-making could be like. Thankfully however, Lord Warbrooke is happy to show her!
6.5 out of 10

Luisa's Desire
This was an okay short story about a vampire and a monk. I found there to be quite a lot of unnecessary information in there though, which just slowed everything down and didn’
Linda
FANTASY contains four short stories written by some of the most popular authors today. If you are looking for lots of steamy sex this book is for you. You will encounter how each couple met and fell in sex, er, I mean love. Lacking depth, don't expect much in the way of content.

Sabrina Jeffries' 'The Widow's Auction' takes place in the 19th century. Lord Warbrooke and Lady Kingsley have an ongoing history of butting heads. Lady Kingsley, a widow, is talked by a friend into wearing a mask and sta
Melissa
This anthology has 4 stories in it. I loved 2 of the 4, didn't care for one and the 4th was OK

The Widow's Auction: I really liked this book (4stars). It was a fun read and I liked the characters.

Luisa's Desire: I ended up just skimming through most of this story, I just couldn't get into it and ended up skipping most of it.

Mr Speedy: This story was OK but a bit unrealistic. Romance blooming where it normally wouldn't and entirely to fast to be believable.

The Awakening: Feehan writes a very ho
Leanne
Feb 09, 2017 Leanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!!
Natasja
Jan 07, 2010 Natasja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Widow’s Auction by Sabrina Jeffries
Isobel Lamberton is a lonely widow; the only excitement in her life is making sure her late husband boy’s school. To spice up her life a little more, her friend urging Isobel to disguise herself and puts herself up for auction. This auction is a place where widows can let themselves go without revealing her identity. This one night stand will change Isobel’s life forever, when the man who bid’s on her is her rival, a man she’s always fighting against at the
Rachel
Apr 05, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The fantasy theme was heavy with all four of the stories in the book. The first story is The Widow's Auction by Sabrina Jeffries. In this novella, a young widow is convinced that it is in her favor to auction off one night with her in return for a large sum of money that she can use to benefit her work with a all-boys' school. Of course, she secretly just wants to know what it's like to actually enjoy the bedtime act. In the realm of make-believe, this was quite the enjoyable mix of lust and rom ...more
Kathy
4 diverse stories of fantasy...

victorian england, a lonely widow who joins a widow auction for a night of sex (to experience more than her loving, but inhibited husband would give her)... purchased by a lord who is her nemesis on the charity board they serve together... he recognized her behind her mask, she knows who he is but believes she is anonymous... and as he tries to teach her a lesson, gets to know her, and gives her a night, and subsequently a life of deep love...

a were-leopard woman,
JoLee (Wickedly Delicious Book Blog)
Rating: 3 Stars - Liked It

I am a huge fan of Christine Feehan and The Awakening (Leopard People #1) is a good start to her were-cat shifter series. Christine Feehan is known for her descriptive writing and she does not hold back in The Awakening short novel. As like many of her novels you feel like you are there in her setting but at times it can be a bit long.

Maggie takes a trip through the jungles of Borneo to check out her birth parents house that she has inherited. She finds her self feeling
Jana
Sep 17, 2007 Jana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this because it was listed under a particular genre on amazon. I read the first novella, very normal setting, England in times past, and enjoyed it. The only things that were "different" about the story were that it had a strong, independent female character, and the "good" parts were a little more detailed. At that point it was just an OK book. Then I moved on to the second story about what most people would call a vampiress, searching in Tibet for a way to live without killing "normal" p ...more
mlady_rebecca
I read the Christine Feehan story "The Awakening" in 2003. I bought the anthology for that story. I gave it 3 stars at the time. (Paranormal)

I just read the Elda Minger story "Mr. Speedy" last night (04/26/2011). I'd also give it 3 stars. It was about a female reporter who dressed up like a man to attend a male only dating seminar. (Contemporary)

The Sabrina Jeffries story "The Widow's Auction" sounded intriguing, but it was a bit too historical (Regency?) for my tastes. (Historical)

For the mome
Robert Scott
+4 original stories by 4 different authors. The Widow's Auction by Sabrina Jeffries (Deborah Martin Gonzalez?) a very good story set in Victorian times with an unusual and unlikely twist. 3.8 stars.
Luisa's Desire by Emma Holly set in the Himalayas of the 16th century and the encounter of an Italian vampire with a lama trainee. 3+ stars, probably would be higher, but remembered this story.
Mr. Speedy by Elda Minger where two reporters, one male and one masquerading as a male attend a seduction sem
Yvensong
Luisa's Desire: My favorite of the four novellas. Intriguing, well-written, interesting characters who grow by the end of the story.

Mr. Speedy: This one surprised me, as I don't generally like standard romance stories. Even though the story was predictable in its outcome, the journey to get there was entertaining.

The Awakening: The first Feehan story I can say I've enjoyed. There were still some issues, particularly the author's leap back and forth between perspectives, but the storyline was str
Karen
A collection of four romantic novellas. The historical by Sabrina Jeffries was fun. The vampire tale by Emma Holly was the reason I bought this book, as I like Emma Holly and I like vampires; I liked the story though I don't understand why the solution to the heroine's problem works. The contemporary by Elda Minger was okay but I wished for something hotter and less formulaic. The shapeshifting paranormal by Christine Feehan was my least favorite, as it seemed to have too much explanation and no ...more
Kathy Davie
Aug 31, 2010 Kathy Davie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Feehan's Awakening begins the Leopard series. Similar in the basics to her Dark/Carpathian series, this storyline creates a very different shapeshifter culture with its own particular issues.

Emma Holly's Luisa's Desire was a bit tame for her.

Sabrina Jeffries' Widow's Auction is an interesting take on historical-romances. I think she did a good job of portraying the time period's mores, culture, and style. I'll have to explore more of her writings.

Elda Minger's Mr. Speedy has some good sex in it.
Netanella
Jun 21, 2009 Netanella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable short story which first appeared in an anthology of paranormal stories, it features a Renaissance Florentine vampire named Luisa, who travels to Tibet to learn how to live without feeding. There she meets Martin, a Tibetan monk who's half European and still learning from his master. He is assigned the task of teaching Luisa how to control this need and learns instead that he is not destined to remain in his mountainous lamasery. I enjoyed this novella, as the setting was highly unusual ...more
Kathi Sharp
Jul 17, 2010 Kathi Sharp rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
Liked Luisa's Desire by Emma Holly and Mr. Speedy by Elda Minger. Didn't care for “The Widow's Auction” by Sabrina Jeffries. "The Awakening” by Christine Feehan was OK.
Angela
Aug 08, 2010 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, romance
all four stories are good, my favorite was Mr. Speedy by Elda Minger (who knew that a tale titled like that would turn out to be so dang cute) I would definetly pick up another Minger book -- she has an easy style of writing. I should also mention that the sex in the other three stories is pretty HOT - Elda kept it softer, still hot tho. All in all, a great compliation :)
Cynthia
Aug 25, 2010 Cynthia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, anthology
Just read the two I was interested in:
Sabrina Jeffries, THE WIDOW'S AUCTION and Elda Minger, MR. SPEEDY.
Considering that I shy away from anthologies because they can't develop a story the way I like it, these were great very satisfying. THE WIDOW'S AUCTION is a historical and MR. SPEEDY is a contemporary. I didn't bother with the other two.
Sharyn
Apr 30, 2014 Sharyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect before bed book, I read only one story a night so I won't stay up. Always appreciate Feehan, and have read the books about the other characters in the story. Liked the Emma Holly story also, as well as the Jeffries story as I like Regencies. Elda Minger is a new author for me and it was a cute but silly contemporary, oh right, it was a FANTASY!
Emily
First story was pretty standard woman-wears-a-mask-but-man-recognizes-her-anyway romance. The execution was fine.

Completely skipped the second story after the first few pages; it just wasn't doing it for me.

Third and fourth weren't very memorable, which is disappointing as the fourth was the Christine Feehan story and I generally enjoy her. This was just ho hum. Imminently skippable.
Hana
Nov 06, 2010 Hana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read all but the Christine Feehan story because I'd already read it and I'm not interested in her stuff anymore. Not after the last one.

The others here, including the Emma Holly story which I checked this book out for, were very good stories. Written well, with interesting characters. Very much liked them. If only the Christine Feehan wasn't in it, this book would be perfect.
JP
Jun 03, 2012 JP rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second time I've read this book and it was even better the second time around. Very fun and emotional stories. I especially liked the story by Sabrina Jeffries, even though I haven't read anything else by her.
Great for inbetween!
Suas
Dec 10, 2014 Suas rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked Else's story but it was quite the upward struggle through the rest. I think many people struggle with short stories when they normally write longer novels, and this was definitely apparent in a few of the stories here.
Kathrynn
-- This is #1 in the Leopard Series with Brandt and Maggie
(I liked it!)
Jody
Jun 12, 2011 Jody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mr. Speedy was probably my most unexpected favorite. I checked this book out of the library to read the Emma Holly story as part of the midnight series. But the other stories were actually better in the long run.
Prescilla
Feb 11, 2016 Prescilla rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading Mr. Speedy it was funny and nice. Widows auction was alright. Louisa's desire not worth your time. Awakening was very not very interesting considering all the other Christine Feehan books, which I loved.
Caitlin
Jun 08, 2010 Caitlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Awakening By Christine Feehan is the first story of the Leopard series with Maggie and Brandt.

Luisa's Desire by Emma Holly is the first short story of her Midnight series. It features Luisa who is looking for help in Tibet monk to fight the hunger, Martin is one of those Monks.
Obsessed with book smex
I've read the whole book, but the rating is for Christine Feehan's story. My favorite leopard story so far.
Michelle O'flynn
What a great collection of sexy tales that are a little left of centre. These four ladies know how to rock my world - so do the men in their stories! YAY!
Bebe Four
Jeffries: 3+
Holly: 2 (DNF)
Minger: 3+
Feehan: 2

Enjoyed the romances much more than the supernatural stories.
  • After Twilight (Dark, #7)
  • Courting Midnight (Midnight, #3)
  • Demon's Delight (Tale of the Demon World, #4)
  • Man of My Dreams (includes: The League, #3.5)
  • Moonglow
  • Over The Moon (Mageverse #3.5)
  • Bewitched
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • Moon Fever (Includes: Primes, #6.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
Christine Feehan is a #1 New York Times bestselling author multiple times over with her portfolio including over 50 published novels, including five series; Dark Series, Ghostwalker Series, Leopard Series, Drake Sisters Series, & the Sisters of the Heart Series. All five series hit the #1 spot on the New York Times bestselling list as well. Her debut novel Dark Prince received 3 of the 9 Paran ...more
More about Christine Feehan...

Leopard People (10 books)
  • The Awakening (Leopard People, #1)
  • Wild Rain (Leopard People, #2)
  • Burning Wild (Leopard People #3)
  • Wild Fire (Leopard People, #4)
  • Savage Nature (Leopard People, #5)
  • Leopard's Prey (Leopard People, #6)
  • Cat's Lair (Leopard People, #7)
  • Wild Cat (Leopard People, #8)
  • Leopard's Fury (Leopard People, #9)
  • Leopard's Blood (Leopard People, #10)