Start by marking “V Is for Vampire: A Vampire Island Story” as Want to Read:
V Is for Vampire: A Vampire Island Story

V Is for Vampire: A Vampire Island Story (Vampire Island #3)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Lexie might be the first vampire ever to run for ninth-grade class president, but she's determined to make dreamy Dylan notice her, even if it means running against perfect, popular Mina. And things would be going pretty well, if it weren't for those annoying pixie houseguests! Blix and Mitzi are wreaking backwards-speaking, house-pinkifying havoc, and now they want Lexie ...more
Published September 3rd 2009 by Puffin Books (first published August 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about V Is for Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about V Is for Vampire

Andrea
Jul 21, 2010 Andrea rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, teens, tweens
Shelves: first-reads
I just got it in the mail today and I'm thrilled with it. The author signed it for me personally, which is the first ever for me. I'm looking forward to reading this book.

This was a really great Tween read. I liked the leads, I liked the plot, and I loved the ending. All of us had that girl/guy who we just hated with a passion in our school years esp. when your just hitting your teens. You know the one...the I'm perfect and your dirt under my feet person. This story was all about being who you a
Heidi
Just won this book on the goodreads giveaways page!!! Loved Picture the Dead which is a YA novel, this book looks like a younger/relectant reader type book for tweens, looking forward to reading it!

Lexie is an old world vampire who's family is coming to live in the new world in order to become mortal again. Lexie has decided to run for 9th grade class president in order to impress a boy, but in the meantime her vampireness is starting to show and her family is a host to pixies that run amock an
Tobyann Aparisi
Jul 26, 2010 Tobyann Aparisi rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone that loves vampire stories no matter what!
Recommended to Tobyann by: good reads first reads
This is a fantastically fun book to read. Even though it was probably meant for a young teen to YA group, I still found it a good read. I am interested in everything vampire. I love the stories people come up with for such an old legend. This was a new and fun twist on that very subject. I would like to read others like this. Like I said it was a fun and quick read. Wonderful character build-up and a fantastic story line. I especially like the mix of the pixies and the trouble they cause. I woul ...more
Donna
This is a breezy read and offers a fun, age-appropriate alternative for the Twilight-craving tweens (and those who are not yet even tweens!). Griffin sets up the story with a family of vegan vampires who are trying very hard to become mortal, which means going without their vampire powers. Other supernatural entities - werewolf, pixies, and witches also show up in fun cameos. Ultimately, however, this is about a 9th grade girl struggling with crushes and navigating a teenage social network witho ...more
Kelsie
Jul 16, 2013 Kelsie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pre-Teens
Recommended to Kelsie by: First-Reads Giveaway
Shelves: first-reads
Unfortunately, I think I was too old for this book. It was short and an easy read; finished within a day. It was a bit difficult for me to enjoy, but the story that was being told was cute and perfect for someone younger than me, maybe thirteen or twelve. I'll get my little sister to read it to see if she likes it.

Also, I loved how the author signed the book with my name and an adorable message. It was such a nice surprise! I'll definitely check out her other books sometime.
Aymee
**four and a half stars**

These books are just so cute and well-written! It's so much fun to be able to read and enjoy a book meant for a nine-year-old and then pass it on to your nine-year-old.

V IS FOR VAMPIRE has a bit more of an obvious lesson woven into it, however, the author does a great job of not coming off as preachy or mothering while writing.

A great, fun, quick read if you're a fan of sweet vampire stories. And a good, wholesome story for your kids.
Chris Ryan
My oldest daughter has been a big fan of the vampire books we have all heard of (and perhaps have gone to see the movie adaptations). So, when I won this book from Goodreads, I was curious to see if my 8 year old daughter would be as intrigued. Well, was she ever! We've since acquired the entire series. This is one of those books that kids stay up late reading, flashlights under covers to read just a bit more even after "lights out". Great series, highly recommend!!!
Heidi
Teen girls will enjoy this silly romp through ninth grade. Although this is the third book in the Vampire Island series, readers can enjoy it without prior knowledge of the Livingstone family. Lexie is trying to transition to vampire but the pesky pixies are making that goal near impossible. Plus she has been asked by mean-girl Mina to be her speechwriter for a school election. A bit of romance doesn't help, as she can't keep her mind on the campaign.
Rachel Thompson
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

This was a quick, short read that just took up a couple afternoons, but it was a highly enjoyable vampire book, that included absolutely hilarious moments for the main character, Lexie, while she deals with ninth-grade drama, pixies, and trying to become human.
Katelyn
Really great!!! I different take on the Vampire theme with good lessons buried in the text. I really enjoyed this book and will recommend it to my friends.
Rena
This is a really good book. Great story and characters. The plot was interesting and I liked the ending. I would recommend this book.
Budgie&DomoFan
Good book, I thought it was pretty good. It is simple and not really boring, I suggest this book to people who like vampires.
Nallely ramos
i loved this book because i love vampires they're so cool
Diane
Original. Humorous. Older teens. Full of slang.
Maggie D.
Nov 30, 2010 Maggie D. marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
there is ANOTHER one!?! Yay!!!!!!
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Erica
Erica added it
Sep 15, 2014
Heather Schwandner
Heather Schwandner marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Yukiimaru Hattake
Yukiimaru Hattake marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Claudette Melanson
Claudette Melanson marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Careful What You Wish For (Bedeviled, #3)
  • Steamside Chronicles
  • The Cowboy and the Vampire: Rough Trails and Shallow Graves  (The Cowboy and the Vampire, #3)
  • No Rest for the Wicca
  • Fangs of Anarchy - Forbidden Alpha (Part 2) Girl Most Lycan: A Werewolf Vampire Shifter Romance
  • A Taste of Scarlet (Treeland Pack Tales)
  • Rain Lashed (Kyndred, #1.1)
  • Dark Shadows: Angélique's Descent
  • The Champion (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #2)
  • Instinct (The Halfling Chronicles, Book 1)
  • Unlucky In Death
  • 101 Tips for Traveling with a Vampire
  • Blimpo: The Third Circle of Heck
  • Never Forgotten
  • Planting the Trees of Kenya: The Story of Wangari Maathai
  • Team Moon: How 400,000 People Landed Apollo 11 on the Moon
  • These Hellish Happenings
  • The Witchy Worries of Abbie Adams
I love to read, I love to write, and I joined Goodreads as a reader and an author.

You can also find me on twitter: http://twitter.com/adelegriffin

and Facebook:

and

More about Adele Griffin...
Picture the Dead Tighter The Unfinished Life of Addison Stone Loud Awake and Lost The Julian Game