Start by marking “Hot Tea (The Tea Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hot Tea (The Tea Series, #1)

Hot Tea (The Tea Series #1)

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  317 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Cara O'Flynn finds herself in an unusual position. She's quit her job and can afford to take a few weeks to find a new career. Plus her roommate has run off and left her with an empty room to fill. If she can just accomplish those two tasks before her mother finds out she has no income and no one to help pay the bills, she's in good shape.

The problem - Cara didn’t plan for
Published February 28th 2010

To ask other readers questions about Hot Tea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Tea

Beverly
At first I thought it was a little bit too much fluff and tongue in cheek but I decided to give it a chance and I am glad I did. The first in the series, it spent a lot of time introducing Cara and Teagan, and maybe tried a little bit too hard to show how funny they could be.
But when the story finally starting developing, I was intrigued and I will definitely check out the next book.
Angela
This is a fun series to read. I am enjoying it. Looking forward to book four and more.
Kribu
This is a hard book to rate/review.

I really struggled with the beginning. Really. So much so that I ended up skimming a lot and thinking (at about a quarter in) that I'll just give up on it. I couldn't figure out the genre ("really tedious chick-lit" is the best I could come up with) and the writing, while technically not awful, with relatively few wrong words and missing commas for a self-published book, was just incredibly dull and irritating, full of repetitions and ... well, it just seemed t
Helen
This book was an odd read; I kept expecting something earth shaking to happen for the plot to revolve around, but it was a really gentle read about a young woman and her family. It wasn't until the end that the plot started to thicken, so I'm going to buy the next book to see what happens.
I think I liked it because it was such an easy read. Nothing really went wrong. There's a murder or two to be solved, but they aren't the focus of the book and they weren't resolved. The only potential problem
Bobbi
It's a good thing this was a free download to my Kindle. If I had paid for it, I wouldn't have given it even one star. Here is a quote from the book: "Can I just say that I was still wearing my heals from earlier in the day....." "Heals" is not my mistake. When I saw that, I almost quit but I finished it anyway, because that's what I do with books, even the stinkers.
Chaun
I don't know exactly what to say about this book. The fact that I'm currently reading the next in the series must mean I liked it. What gives me pause is that I can't put my finger on why I liked it. It's actually unclear what the primary mystery is. At the end nothing has been solved or resolved. As at least one other reviewer mentioned, there are some things that I found annoying such as far too much eyebrow wiggling. For some reason, though, I found it hard to put down. The stream of consciou ...more
Arow
Feb 11, 2015 Arow marked it as to-read
I have tried twice now to finish this book and I just can't do it. I think it has to do with the flow of the storytelling due to the dialogue. I find that I get lost in what she is trying to say.
Jill Pechauer
I like the storyline but it seemed to take longer to read. Lots of detain and longer than most of my books by a hundred or so pages. I have most of the series.
Cristi-Lael
It's not a bad book, by any means, but it's not the greatest I've read either. I'm enjoying the series, I read it on the Kindle feature on my phone before bed nearly every night.

I like the characters and I like the plot. However, I'm getting a wee bit tired of the same sexual references that seem high school-ish, and the comments about the wiggling of eyebrows. There's just too much of that, in my opinion.

But, as I said, I'm enjoying the series and look forward to finding out all the little myst
Karen
when i first started this book it took me some time to get into it, but after a few pages i decided to continue and hope i could get hold of the story line, and im so glad i did..i really enjoyed the mystery, the murders,and the general family life of a huge irish family and to add to surprise me even more i discovered that the book i bought was actually 4 books all together which again i thoroughly enjoyed..there is another 4 books to this series which i will read next..
Edel
I enjoyed this book alot. The sudden ending took me by surprise but the great characters in this book make it worth while. I come from an Irish family and alot of the sayings are very familiar to me and so were very funny to see them in print. I loved the great big Irish family and all the dynamics there :0) . I will be following future books in this series esp so I can find out what happened next.I do hope those questions will be answered in the next book.
Norma
I wasn;t sure what to think of this book as it started as a conversation between 2 sisters. It got better as it went along but ended as thought it was the end of a chapter, so immediately starting reading the second book in the series, got hooked and read all 4 books in the seris only to be left hanging,as Sheila has a 5th book out, which I can't wait to read.
Darlene
Apr 02, 2012 Darlene rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Darlene by: Cher-lynn Maynard
Punny. Cute. Cozy. But mysteries left unsolved in anyway by the end of a book? Not for me. Part of me is curious and feels I need to buy the next to find out, but with thousands of books on my Kindle for me to read, I am just not that into this series. Thanks anyway.

It would be a fun read for a day at the beach, you know?
Emelia Read
There is nothing wrong with a 3* read! This is a lovely little series, it's very easy to read and perfect for when you want to give your brain a rest. By the time you've finished a few of the books you'll feel like you're part of the family. Plus, recipes, I love a book with recipes.
Karen
I'm not sure what was the purpose of this book but I will probably read the next one. There is no plot and the characters are a little strange. Surprisingly, the story reads pretty fast. The ending leaves a lot of loose ends, probaly the reason for reading the next book.
Cathy
The book was kind of quirky. The main character, Cara, is all over the place. She bounces around from one thing to the other. I was somewhat confused while reading but I settled in to the chaos and enjoyed the book. I just started the 2nd book in the series and like it.
Melissa Summers
Oh my, at 26% into the book, I have already laughed quite a few times.
I enjoyed the characters in this book. However, the story ended abruptly...so I headed over to Amazon and bought the next in the series. Well worth the 99 cent price.
Jessica
At first I didn't like this book, because it was a lot of conversation and the characters were a little weird. About 70% through, it started getting better. I'll give it another shot with the next book in the series, so we'll see.
LLona Cunningham
Hate to do this, but I'm 20% into it and still can't relate to the characters or to their plot, either. I do recognize a lot of work went into it. Hopefully it will find readers more able to care what happens next.
Sarah Imbert
I really tried to read this several times on my kindle but it's just a slow paced and oddly timed book. It's too bad, because Irish American sisters who want to solve crimes over a cuppa could have been fun.
Heather Koehn
This was really hard to read. Boring and redundant. Funny in some parts. Likable characters. The mom and their relationship was a bit extreme and unbelievable. Just when it finally got good, the book ended!
Yekaterina
Too much random babble and not enough plot progression. Cara just blabs and blabs and just as it started to get interesting- the book ended. It wasn't awful, just not my style.
Leaha Rice
I didn't care for it at 15% through and still not enjoying at 30% so I gave up. There seemed to be no real point to the book and the humor was lacking as well.
Bumbershootbears
Story wasn't bad and a pleasant quick read. Totally annoyed the mystery was left hanging at the end of the book. Won't read anymore by this author for that reason.
Karen Layus
I enjoyed this series.....it does go on and on....I had to read the next book to get all the story....like a run on sentence.....but, enjoyable
Teresa
A cute little series. Nothing intense, just pure pleasurable reading. Sometimes it's just nice to read a fluffy book.
Mieko
okay - don't know if I'm going to read the rest of the series. Fluff reading, which is good now and then.
Didnt like this book. Took too long to ever have a story. Will not read another I. The series.
Leah
love this book. the people in them start to feel like family.i laughed soo much.
  • Tough Cookie
  • 2 Days 'Til Sundae (2 'Til, #1)
  • First Lady Down
  • Dying For Danish (A Lexy Baker Bakery Mystery, #2)
  • I'll Be There (Angel Ridge, #4)
  • Saturday Night Cleaver (A Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #4)
  • In Search Of Adam
  • Retirement Can Be Murder (A Jake Russo Mystery, #1)
  • Room 702
  • No Cure for the Broken Hearted
  • Hollywood Confessions (Hollywood Headlines, #3)
  • Head Over Heels
  • Life's a Beach Then You Die
  • Live Free or Die
  • Safewords Davenport and Chiffon (Safeword, #4)
  • Dolled Up For Murder (Gretchen Birch, #1)
  • 51/50 The Magical Adventures of a Single Life
  • The Exam (Doctor's Orders, #1)
Blessed to be born into a strong Irish American family, Sheila describes herself as 'one of ten', although a recount would be appropriate. The original family unit was once limited to Mom and Dad, and seven brothers and sisters. That unit has grown to include in-laws, nieces, and nephews, grandkids and more. It is a family rich in tradition, and it shaped every aspect of Sheila's life.

Sheila raise
More about Sheila Horgan...

The Tea Series (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Sweet Tea (The Tea Series, #2)
  • Iced Tea (The Tea Series, #3)
  • Green Tea (The Tea Series, #4)
  • Peppermint Tea (The Tea Series #5)
  • Tea to Go (The Tea Series # 6)
  • Summer Tea (The Tea Series, # 7)
  • Traditional Tea (The Tea Series, #8)
  • Tea and Honey (The Tea Series, #9)
  • Happy Tea (The Tea Series, #10)
  • Dark Tea (The Tea Series Book 11)
Sweet Tea (The Tea Series, #2) Iced Tea (The Tea Series, #3) Green Tea (The Tea Series, #4) Peppermint Tea (The Tea Series #5) Tea to Go (The Tea Series # 6)