Start by marking “Puppy Love 2: Building a Family” as Want to Read:
Puppy Love 2: Building a Family

Puppy Love 2: Building a Family (Puppy Love #2)

Matt and Petey are a young gay couple in love. They're a Dom/sub couple. They're an Owner and his pup. In Puppy Love 2, the couple begin to build a life together. The close knit relationship they share with another D/s couple, Alex and Drew, begins to flourish. The four find their lives interwoven with each other, and ultimately the foursome become a family. The tragedies ...more
ebook, Smashwords Edition, 353 pages
Published May 18th 2010 by fannypress (first published May 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Puppy Love 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Puppy Love 2

DarienMoya
^^FECKIN AWESOME, MATT & HIS PUP SHINE!^^

NO Spoilers here.

So Puppy Love 2 picks up right where the first one left us, Petey and Matt have just enjoyed a pleasure filled cruise and they are making there way back home. A quick get together with friends Alex and Drew they begin their journey home, Petey is on a love high and everything just seems perfect. Well this book is one surprise after another, and I will say this all the surprises makes this book a lot better than the first. There is ch
Nene
Jun 14, 2010 Nene rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, gayromlit2011
I just can't seem to connect with this series. I don't like either of the main characters and the whole relationship really gives me the heebie jeebies. I know a lot of people love it...but it's just not for me.
Bella
May 01, 2011 Bella rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my enemies
I only wish that I could give this book negative stars. I’ve never written a review before because usually the other comments pretty much cover what I was thinking. When I browsed past this page after reading the book, I had to blink twice at the rating. Seriously? This book was rated this high? Omfg. But I deserve this (as Petey would say in the book at least four million times). The moment I read the term “fag hole” (and Petey’s lovely dialogue following: I am his fag hole! Not said disgustedl ...more
Danny Tyran
Jan 12, 2013 Danny Tyran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, gay, d-s, romance
I positively adore this series. I can't wait to read book 3. I already bought it. :¬D

There are great D/s scenes and I love the MCs and even the other characters.

I think that the author tries to make us understand that nothing is perfect in this word, not even the best Dom and that is not a reason to break a relationship because we make mistakes.
"But a true Master, a Master such as Matt, was so invested in his sub that he was actually in a way a sub himself. He was a slave to his love for me. He
Deanna
This isn't so much a review as it is just me rambling about my feelings over this book. I tend to do that when I am passionate about something. And I *love* this book.

First of all - Petey. Straight away I saw some major changes in him. He has more confidence, security in his relationship and he shows less hesitation/questioning of Matt's orders. I think this shows how much Petey loves him rather than him just saying the words.

Matt. We are actually give real examples of how he cares for Petey. I
Leah
Jul 06, 2010 Leah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ravaged this book in one day. My eyes are so strained they're twitching! I don't know if I think Matt deserves Petey's devotion but reading about their relationship was quite the adventure. I think the sequel is Matt's coming of age story as a Dom, through Petey's eyes with scenes that depict Petey's deeper, more experienced submission. Do yourself a favor and get a huge box of Kleenex before you begin. I guarantee you'll cry all sorts of tears. How the fudge am I gonna wait till August for Pu ...more
Jenre
May 04, 2010 Jenre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Those of you who read my review of the first book in this series Puppy Love will know that I had a very mixed response to that book. I liked Petey and liked the themes of submission but found some of the extremes of the submission a little hard to handle. This book continues Matt and Petey's journey together into the D/s lifestyle and I was keen to discover how this book was going to develop them as characters. Those of you who may have been put off by the golden showers and other 'water sports' ...more
Kassa
Aug 02, 2010 Kassa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I know the author didn’t take my previous comments about Puppy Love into consideration (well of course not! And also PL 2 was already out by then) but just about all my qualms from the first book have been handled really well in this sequel. Just goes to show you should trust an author. Those of you who enjoyed Puppy Love will fall in love with Petey all over again as he and the other characters grow, change, and really come into their own in this entertaining sequel. There are a few an ...more
Ashley♥Alexis

Oh my gawd. DRAMA!

It is very obvious that the Matt of book 2 is not the Matt of book 1. I still didnt love him until literally the last chapter, so I can only hope Matt is made loveable...hell, even 60% likeable in book 3. Throughout this series you get to see the misguided and naive way that Petey views Matt . I honestly have no clue what the real Matt is like and i find it laughable that Petey feels as if he know Matt better than anyone else because Matt's whole facade seems fake and
Lakeisha
Ok as i said in the previous book review this series disturbed me on so many levels and really pushed my boundaries as both a person and what little i thought i knew about a Dom/sub relationship. However at the end of this 2nd bk in the series i have come closer to understanding Petey and Matt's love for each other;the need to serve and the need to have control.

Ok i wanted to kill Matt again for the humiliation and the piss drinking always makes me shutter lol dispite the continual repetition o
Emily
Apr 17, 2012 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Elisa Rolle
I had a strange fascination with the first book in the Puppy Love series even if I found some of its part a bit too much “strong” for me (all the watersports sex scenes were just too much); the strange thing of that book is that I want to recommend it, but I have always to warn people, and sincerely, I’m not sure of the feedback I will receive. In the end Puppy Love 1 still surprise me, since, all in all, even the most “conservative” people like it (and with conservative of course I meant tradit ...more
FlibBityFLooB
I really don't like one of the main characters. Matt is a really a$$ at times and I can't believe his behavior. It's not that the book is m/m -- that's not a problem for me. It's not that there's D/s relationships -- I see it as a fine alternative lifestyle choice if that's what two consentual adults choose and it makes them happy. Unfortunately, at several times in the past two books, I have felt that Matt has done things just to be a big prick, seeming out-of-love in the relationship. For thos ...more
Mike
Sep 06, 2016 Mike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After 500 pages in book 1 and 350 pages in book 2...

Let me start by saying I'm not into BDSM. I cherish love stories. I've loved most of Jeff's other books so I assumed this series would be no different. I could have done with less detail in the BDSM department. It just seemed a bit excessive. But maybe that is what brought some people to this work.

After book 1 I only cares about Pete. Now, after reading book 2, I care about Matt and Pete's relationship. I like Drew too, but Alex still seems to
Carolyn88
May 10, 2010 Carolyn88 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the 2nd book in a 3 book series. I enjoyed the book. In this book you really see how the two main characters really do love each other. You discover how much they need each other. The Sir needs his pup just as much as the pup needs the Sir. I always find that type of D/s book very appealing. I would recommend this book 100%.
Laura M
Oct 17, 2011 Laura M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story of Matt and Petey continues . . . these guys are still young, and still frustrating and hard to read sometimes. I want to tell them both to grow up, but I guess that's what they are doing and what this story is about.
Maggie Simms
This review is for all three books:

For someone who was in doubt whether I could connect with the MCs in a m/m book I am now faced with the opposite problem: I identified myself so much with Jeff's characters, that I am now wondering if I am a gay man trapped in a woman's body. How is that for connecting with the characters??

I absolutely LOVED this three-book series. They are in my favorite book list of all time. I laughed outloud with some of the conversations. I never thought that an erotica b
Holly
Jul 11, 2010 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Building a Family started off slowly. Petey and Matt have matured since Puppy Love 1 and their love shows greater commitment and trust. Matt tests Petey's love with new forms of humiliation and Petey responds in a suitably humble and grateful fashion. The changes are small and domestic. Petey moves out of home. His friendship with Drew grows closer. I'm thinking how it is with sequels, fresh material is hard to find. Nice read but...

Petey gets hurt yet again and I'm hooked. Totally caught up in
Seren Dipity
Feb 27, 2011 Seren Dipity rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm
Very nice story. I liked the boys and I was really looking forward to read more about them. And if it wasn't a small problem, I would have give it 4 stars.

But the need of the author to summarize, again and again, all the events that just happened from Petey's pov drove me mad. I got it the first time, even better the second. Readers do not need to get a reminder of what happened in the last 50 pages, every 10 pages. We are not watching a sitcom on TV and forgetting the drama of last week. No ne
Lily
I didn't enjoy Matt and Petey's first story but this time it worked better for me. Even though the book picks up pretty much right where the first one ends this time around the guys seem more mature. It was nice to see them settling into their relationship although the scene at the mall (view spoiler) really didn't work for me at all. Matt makes mistakes in judgement with potentiall ...more
Marsha Spence
I read all three back to back. 2 stars for book 1, 3 stars for book 2 and 4 stars for book 3.
Book 1: Petey's constant "Matt's superior to lowly me" thing bugged me. Didn't like Matt at all. Felt like he was just using Petey. BUT, I liked it enough to buy...
Book 2: Petey starts to grow in this one and liked Matt much better. I admit to skipping alot of Petey's inner dialogue. Lots going on in this book and it kept my interest.
Book 3: Definitely liked Petey and Matt as a true couple. I liked thei
Tasha Croome
This book was slightly better than the first one but i still had the same issues. (view spoiler) but towards the end we start to see the possibility of a light at the end of the tunnel. I am looking forward to the third book to see how the author is going to finish the series. I think if you have read both books you should probably go on and read the last one.
Amber
Sep 03, 2012 Amber rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Not really my type of reading but still interesting. I love that Petey finally steps up for himself in this part, he's grown so much since the first book. The beginning to the end kept me on the wondering and sort on the edge of my seat. So many things happened in the book, i dont think i could touch it all. But I still love Drew, he is my favorite character from this series, hands down! Matt and Petey really take any adventure in this one and i really loved it.
Julia
Sep 13, 2010 Julia rated it it was amazing
I loved watching the evolution and growth of the characters and seeing the way Drew and Petey bonded and supported each other. I also loved that Matt let himself be kinder. The stuff early on in the story with Matt, Petey, and Ryan was...oddly sweet and touching. Despite the fact that it sparked a situation that ended badly. All around great read, but, again, not for anyone that isn't into D/s relationships.
blub
Feb 10, 2012 blub rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really a step up from book 1. There are a few changes in Matt and Petey. Matt seems more passionate and caring of Petey and you really see that Petey is becoming a bit more confident in himself. Also the BDSM scenes aren't as unbearable as they were in Book 1, but that's my perspective on it.
Logan
Feb 06, 2012 Logan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down. This book delt with some real issues that face anyone part of a less than tradtional relationship. I felt he gave a good representatoin of some of the obstacles that can be faced and the assumptions made. It also gave some great insight to a D/s relationship. And yeah...there were quite a few omg hawt scenes...which are always appreciated.
Jerry
Nov 08, 2010 Jerry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am fascinated with this master/slave series. I personally cannot understand how anyone can want to be in a subservient position to a master. Yet I am drawn to this story. Kind of like a horror flick that you view threw your interlaced fingers. I am planning on reading the sequel to complete the series.
Kada
Dec 02, 2010 Kada rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the series, it has a lot of hot scenes and likable characters. Makes me anticipate what kinky stuff Matt plans next.
But this volume has far too many fillers (repetitions of repetitions of what happened, thoughts). It became so annoying that i had to skip paragraphs. Otherwise it would have deserved 5 stars...
Mandy
Loved it. This was an emotional read. I'm loving Petey growing more confident and able to voice his needs more. I don't think I would have been able to continue reading this story if Matt and Petey's relationship hadn't progressed as it did in this book. Matt made some huge mistakes, but he admitted it and wanted to be better for Petey. Off to read the final book.
Erin
Oct 11, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-romance
Better than book one, but still cringeworthy at times! Book three was the best, and worth trudging through the first two for.

I liked Jeff Erno's writing style enough, and book three, that I downloaded The Landlord and am reading it next.
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
  • Carried Away
  • My Hostage My Love
  • Word on a Wing
  • Collared
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
  • Close to Me (Blue Ruin, #2)
  • Happily Ever After (Russian Bear, #4)
  • Dark Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #1)
  • Resistance (Power Play, #1)
  • Remastering Jerna (Remastering Jerna, #1)
  • Special Delivery (Special Delivery, #1)
  • Under Contract
  • Juicy Fruit
  • Domination (Deviations, #2)
  • A House of Cards: Deconstructing Ethan (The Forbidden Room, #2)
  • Blood Slave (Vampire Wars #1)
  • Guys on the Side
Jeff Erno currently lives in southern Michigan. He holds a bachelor's degree in business management and human resources. Jeff began writing stories in the late 1990's and initially posted them to a free online amateur website. The positive feedback he received from readers encouraged him to continue, and this eventually led to the publication of his first novel, Dumb Jock. Erno has subsequently pu ...more
More about Jeff Erno...

Puppy Love (3 books)
  • Puppy Love (Puppy Love, #1)
  • Puppy Love 3: Reawakening (Puppy Love #3)

“A Master is not someone who merely revels in the benefits that he reaps from the power and control that he wields over his sub. A Master is not just an automaton who emotionally doles out orders and watches with amusement as his minions perform his bidding. A Master is not a person who only relishes the benefits that his superior status entitles him.

Certainly all of these characteristics could and often do exist within a Master. He may be demanding and at times selfish. He may genuinely enjoy and even be aroused by the power that he has over a sub. He may be able to expertly control his emotions, issuing his commands and enforcing his discipline with stone-faced determination.

But a true Master, a Master such as Matt, was so invested in his sub that he was actually in a way a slave himself. He was a slave to his love for me. He was a slave to his responsibility. He was a slave to the passion and the commitment. He was a slave to his overwhelming desire to protect his property at all costs. He was a slave to his slave. I knew without questions that he loved me so much he'd literally lay down his life for me. He owned me, and his ownership owned him”
58 likes