Start by marking “Bastet (Earth Warriors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bastet (Earth Warriors, #1)

Bastet (Earth Warriors #1)

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  186 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Kellan Largent is a grad student at Harvard. His thesis is on ancient Egyptian religious cults. While immersed in his research, he comes across an obscure reference to the Earth Warrior cult. Little does he know that one sentence in a dusty, tattered book will engulf him in a battle between good and evil. A battle that could be the end of the world as he knows it.

The stra
Published June 24th 2010 by Amber Allure (first published June 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bastet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bastet

Jenre
Jul 10, 2010 Jenre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, romance
Grad student Kellan, who is studying obscure ancient Egyptian cults, comes across a reference to a strange cult called the “Earth Warriors”. He’s curious enough to delve further into this line of research. At the same time he has two new additions to his life: One is a stray cat who has started visiting his flat and the other is a gorgeous man, Baz, who he meets at a bus stop and finds a mutual attraction. It isn’t long though before Kellan finds that he’s put his life in danger by a man who wil ...more
Susana
Aug 24, 2015 Susana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sui Lynn
Dec 03, 2010 Sui Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
Excellent!! Bravo!! This was a wonderful read. I was totally pulled into the story. I love the Egyptian twist on shape shifters. I can't hardly wait for the next story. This is going to be on my favorites list for a long time. A definite HEA that will keep you purring and grinning from ear to ear waiting impatiently for the next in this series.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
3.5 rounded up to 4 because it's really well done for a formulaic romance. I was disappointed, though. I wanted more substance, and less instalove. But there was drama and danger (although it kind of fizzled) and I want to read the next one.

Happy ending? (view spoiler)
Ana
Mar 10, 2014 Ana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sarina
Aug 03, 2015 Sarina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've loved Egypt since I was a little girl so finding a book that blends in Egyptian Gods/Goddesses and lore together with the characters and plot was a win for me. I thought Kellan was sweet and I liked how Baz was willing to sacrifice pretty much everything for him. I did think that Kellan was more in the background than Baz and the other warriors and I wish he'd been more present, if that makes sense. I just felt like Baz was the where the attention went if they were together in a scene. I di ...more
Amber
May 01, 2015 Amber rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-paranormal
When I first saw this book I was all geared up for some Egyptian mythology and paranormal stuff. Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed in this book overall. For me this book just lack depth in the mythology, world building, and characters. For the mythology each Earth warrior gets an Egyptian god's name slap on them and the ability to shift into the form associated with the god and that's it. The is no more mention of any Egyptian Mythology or anything surrounding Egypt in particular. I didn't ...more
Shira Anthony
Apr 01, 2011 Shira Anthony rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kellan is a grad student who has stumbled onto some information that makes him vulnerable, and Baz (Bastet) is an immortal who is sent to protect the boy from those who would like to wring the secret to immortality from him. Baz is sexy and a bit jaded, but he falls hard for the geeky Kellan, and Kellan responds in kind.

I think with a little editing help, this book could easily have been a 5-star. But there are some things that just didn't ring true. For example, Baz insists he's not interested
Kinny
I loved this page turner of a cute story till we get to a revelation in the near end. Yes, they end up together BUT Kellan remains mortal and will die one day laving Baz. So will the fate be of the other warriors who fall for humans/mortals.

Baz has had lovers in the past and they all die on him and leave him heartbroken. Kellan despite getting the stamp of approval from the Goddess apparently remains mortal. THAT was CRAPPY for me. knocked down a star because of that.

Hate to think Kellan will j
Marsha Spence
Feb 18, 2015 Marsha Spence rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-para
I'm not sure how I missed this in 2010 but I really liked it!
Lilladii
2.89 ...more
Teresa
Interesting incorporation of Egyptian lore. Immortal Earth Warriors who represent seven Egyptian Gods and Goddesses exist to protect the planet. Part of their job is to prevent knowledge of them to exist. Kellen uncovers references to the Earth Warriors and Bastet steps in to find out what he knows. In the process they fall in lust and excitement ensues. Had a bit of insta love and definitely set up the series for the other warriors to find love.
Wendy Ann
Interesting start to a new series. I’m surprised and a bit disappointed that there hasn’t been a second one in the past five years to continue with the world building and stories for the secondary characters. I really liked Kellan’s character – he was a nice blend of geeky history nerd and hidden strength with a touch of humor. Throw in a little bit of mystery with a shapeshifting black cat and as I said – interesting!
Bookbee
3.5 Stars

An interesting enough start to the Earth Warrior series. It set up the premise well but I found the characterization for Baz and Kellan to be a bit light. I'm hoping that certain unresolved aspects will be clarified in future books. And I do hope there are more books forthcoming...especially one revolving around Sekhmet and Isis!
Mara Ismine
I couldn't get into this and don't know why. I didn't take to the characters and found it difficult to worry about them. There was nothing wrong with the writing or the plot and there are a lot of secondary characters to weave stories around.
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed reading this story a lot. I liked the characters and found the author's Earth Warrior scenario interesting. This was supposed to be the first in a series, but I can't find any indication that there were any other books published.
Meggie
Jun 11, 2010 Meggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was funny and good written I say its good start. The characters - "Eath Warriors" where pictured as a family team and I really wished other books from this series would be already out.

Recommended!!
Sj Heckscher-Marquis
Bought it this morning on download... got so into it I had finished it by the end of the day. Thoroughly enjoyable, fast moving read. Really looking forward to the next one.
Amy
Oct 27, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-them
I really loved story and the characters, but I really want the series to continue. Hopefully T.A. Chase can continue the series soon, I love this type of genre.
Clover
Jun 07, 2010 Clover rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story, a little too short even with 180 pages. will wait for the other brother to find (male) love ! and who will be the next villain.
Rachel
Nov 03, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting concept and world, and I really liked it! Now, where's more? :D
Bobby Noviarman
Bobby Noviarman marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Scherlock
Scherlock marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Patricia Ervin
Patricia Ervin marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Karen Burden
Karen Burden rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2015
Mother
Mother added it
Feb 06, 2016
Luciana
Luciana rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Daesy
Daesy marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
  • Dracul's Blood (Dracul's Revenge, #1)
  • Reindeer Games (Reindeer Games, #1)
  • Paul's Dream (Touching Fire, #1)
  • Wolfsbane (MIA Case Files, #1)
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords, #2)
  • January: Miami's Perfect Weekend (Calendar Boys, #1)
  • Hell Cop 2
  • An Unnatural Worth
  • Monster (Minders #1)
  • Black Wolf (Wolf Creek, #1)
  • Last Call Europe: Black Wolf
  • A Prophecy of Destiny (Ancient Prophecy, #1)
  • Blood Signs (Blood, Moon and Sun #1)
  • Dreamlands (Dreamlands #1)
  • Litha's Constant Whim (Green's Hill, #1)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • Healer (The Institute #1)
  • Marrick's Promise (Thrown to the Lions #2)
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.
More about T.A. Chase...