Start by marking “Earth From Above for Young Readers” as Want to Read:
Earth From Above for Young Readers

Earth From Above for Young Readers

Children can experience these breathtaking photographs in a charming book that reveals the diversity of the world's cultures and climes. Young readers will be enthralled by glowing pictures of nomads and camels, tiny villages in Morocco and geysers in Yellow-stone, and much more. Text by Robert Burleigh reveals the fascinating story that each photograph tells.
Published August 1st 2002 by Harry N. Abrams (first published September 4th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Earth From Above for Young Readers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Earth From Above for Young Readers

Melany
Dec 04, 2016 Melany rated it it was amazing
Earth From Above for Young Readers by Yann Arthus- Bertrand is a nonfiction book intended for all ages. This book is full of beautiful, interesting photos that anyone would enjoy looking at. This book reveals the diversity of the world's cultures and climes. Young readers will appreciate this book because of the depths it took to get such beautiful pictures. I give this book 5 stars because of the pictures. They are breath taking. I would use this book to show my students different areas of the ...more
Shaundell
Jeremiah Benjamin
We borrowed this book for Classical Conversations Cycle 1.

We got the book to see diverse global locations and people, and wow, what an amazing book! The photos are unique and really amazing. The kids loved the book, and as a photographer myself I really enjoyed reading about how Arthus-Bertrand made the shots. The kids wanted to view specific photos again and again, and we went through the book at least a dozen times in the 2 weeks we borrowed the book.

Excellent book, highly recommended for kid
Whole And
Feb 09, 2016 Whole And rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous photographs of this great planet with specific teachings related to various regions and the work they are known for. From cotton in Africa, dye in Morocco, schoolyards in California, Elephants in Botswana and Penguins in Antarctica, see the world from a higher perspective as you've never seen it before. Absolutely breath taking.
JennLynn
Nov 13, 2013 JennLynn rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-my-books
Spectacular images along with informative, thought-provoking text make this an ideal book for interesting kids in geography and the world's amazing diversity. My only wish is that it had been a lot longer - the 35 or so images is only a fraction of the full volume.
Jamie Gottlieb
Oct 20, 2015 Jamie Gottlieb rated it it was amazing
This book is full of beautiful, interesting photos that my kids and I enjoyed looking at. It's one of those books that makes us learn something without even being aware of the learning going on. The text was also interesting for children and adults.
John
John rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2012
Lauren Jones-rabbitt
Lauren Jones-rabbitt rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Anya
Anya rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2017
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2014
Mrs.Redlien
Mrs.Redlien rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Holland Smith
Holland Smith rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Verdi
Verdi rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2009
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2015
Tyler
Tyler rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2012
Rodrigo
Rodrigo rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Worthreading
Worthreading rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Dorothyd
Dorothyd rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2014
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Dawnrb
Dawnrb rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2014
Ami
Jul 01, 2009 Ami rated it it was amazing
Stunning photos. I should read the grown-up version!
Ardith
Sylvia
Sylvia added it
Feb 05, 2012
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2012
Wendy
Wendy added it
Mar 28, 2012
A.j.
A.j. marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2012
Calvin
Calvin added it
Oct 05, 2012
Riana Vermaak
Riana Vermaak marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2013
Sumayahg
Sumayahg marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2013
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Tanner Henry
Tanner Henry marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Taylor
Taylor added it
Jul 30, 2014
Elizabeth Turner
Elizabeth Turner marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Elvira Stefani
Elvira Stefani marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Melissa Harreld
Melissa Harreld marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Ms. D
Ms. D marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Alethea Gillings
Alethea Gillings marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Yann Arthus-Bertrand was born in a renowned jewellers' family founded by Claude Arthus-Bertrand and Michel-Ange Marion. His sister Catherine is one of his closest collaborators. He's been interested in nature and wildlife from an early age.
From the age of 17 he became involved in the movie industry. He gave up the movie industry in 1967 to run the Château de Saint Augustin wildlife park in Château
More about Yann Arthus-Bertrand...