Start by marking “The Star Prince” as Want to Read:
The Star Prince

The Star Prince (Star #2)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  494 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A wild and passionate love affair brings our hero and heroine together. Neither can resist the attraction they feel for one another and everything else takes second place.
Published May 1st 2010 by Love Spell (first published November 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Star Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Star Prince

Kathrynn
Dec 01, 2008 Kathrynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this sometime in 2005 or 2006 and remember liking it. It's a sci-fi romance and part of a series (#3). The heroine was a princess on the run from her life (and future husband) and takes a job flying a space ship for the hero. Of course, her family is hunting for her and the hero has a secret of his own...Very nice!
Cameron
The plots of romance novels are built upon coincedence... although I suppose one might argue that its fate instead.
Anyway, having stolen a space ship and run away from home Tee'ah (see, she has an apostrophe in her name, she's totally from space) she just happens to run into the heir of the known galaxy (or whatever). And they, um, fall in love.
Did I mention that they ride on a motercycle?
It wasn't that bad a story, just not terribly deep and none of the characters really pulled me in. Bits wer
Carrie
Fun book with a really great hero. Susan Grant's writing isn't lyrical and her stories aren't completely unique, but she puts the whole package together quite well. She's a good writer that knows how to move her story along nicely while building romantic tension. I've read two books of hers and have liked the characters, strong women and men that are sexy without being neanderthals. In this case the truly likable, honorable hero bumped what might be an average book up to above average.
Tara van Beurden
Another enjoyable Susie book! I liked this one - I liked Ian and I like Tee'ah, and I really liked the little side plot with Gann and Lara (please, please, please Ms Grant comment on this in the next one) and the good thing about Grant's books is that her 'second book in the trilogy' never feels like that. My only grievance was with Rom's weird behaviour - one minute he was telling Ian he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, the next he was ordering him home like a naughty child and then i ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Star series by Susan Grant. Tee'ah is a royal princess of Vash Nadah and expected to marry a royal prince and to live in seclusion. But "Tee" wants freedom to live her own life. So she escapes and ends up on Donavan's Blunder where she is hired on as Ian Stone's pilot. Ian is really Ian Hamilton, the heir of the Vash Nadah throne. He is undercover for his father in the frontier. When his pilot dies he is forced to find another to take his place.

Scifi Romance is one of my
PointyEars42
An extra star in my rating just because the heroine buys feminine hygiene products! Ever notice how women in romance novels don't have to fit saving the universe and shagging the hot guy around their periods? It bothers me. She also buys birth control "just in case" ... which stops me, the reader, from throwing the book across the room in irritation when I see the inevitable accidental pregnancy plot. Usually futuristic/sci-fi societies are depicted as having ridiculously advanced technology but ...more
Anna
Sep 02, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
So, Susan's Grant's world reminds me an awful lot of the Star Wars universe...which is great! Especially since she adds in strong female characters and believable romances to make that knockoff universe sing.

I enjoyed the first book in this series enough to try The Star Prince, but I'll admit that Grant's first effort had flawed pacing. This sequel, though, is 1,000% better, with the same tantalizing feel but in a much more cohesive package. I'm looking forward to book 3, and can tell I'll be sa
Gmc
Jan 29, 2016 Gmc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Star Prince - Star, Bk 2 by Susan Grant

Ian Hamilton considered himself a typical guy, a finance major who found all the excitement he needed in the stock market and his vintage Harley. Then his stepfather offered him the crown to an empire and the reins of a mission critical to world peace. What could he do but go for the ride?

In a daring bid for freedom, Princess Tee'ah fled the world she knew for the freedom to fly. No more princes, no more rules. Both the man she wed and the life she led
Gmc
Jan 03, 2014 Gmc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Star Prince by Susan Grant second in the series.
Ian Hamilton Has been named Heir apparent by the King of the Vash Nadah by His step Father.
Tee'ah Dar is a princess and longs for the freedom granted the masses. And she wants to fly, she sneaks out and takes flying lessons. She is now a star pilot and her father forbids her to fly and is arranging a marriage. She runs away and her little star ship is stolen, she meets Ian and his pilot has died. They are both incognito, he hires her with reser
Mydearloverboy
May 19, 2015 Mydearloverboy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommended
loved it!:)
Athena Braun
pretty good read...all up to the point where I read they were related ugh I don't care if it was by marriage(cousins) sorry that is where the book lost me..Liked it til then after that was icky..Should have left that tidbit out and probably would have given U a 4 . Tell me truly how that added to the plot any at all..
Myriad
Dec 28, 2013 Myriad rated it really liked it
Reminds me a little bit of the Liaden Universe books. It can't compete with Lee & Miller's brilliance, but still quite enjoyable :)
Jane (PS)
I couldn't really get into this novel. I managed to finish it but the overall plot and character interactions just didn't hold my attention.
Marina
Jun 29, 2011 Marina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book i read in the series. I really enjoyed it. Great characters and fasinating story.
Genevieve
Apr 23, 2012 Genevieve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four stars because it succeeds at what it's aiming to be: A fun, fluffy romance novel... IN SPACE.
Brandifer
Not quite as fresh & spicy as "The Star King" but still a fun getaway read!
Dec 18, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lexee Toste
Lexee Toste marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Janetmcpherson
Janetmcpherson marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
William
William rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
juanita
juanita rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Malinda
Malinda marked it as to-read
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
  • The Power of Two (2176, #4)
  • Day of Fire (2176, #2)
  • The Shadow Runners (2176 Series, #3)
  • Unearthed (UN-Forgettable, #1)
  • The Quest (Rystani #4)
  • The Down Home Zombie Blues
  • Alien in the Family (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #3)
  • Heart Choice (Celta's Heartmates, #4)
  • Shield's Lady (Lost Colony, #3)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
Hello! I’m Susan Grant, a RITA award winning, bestselling author. For more than ten years I wrote my unique science fiction/romance “hybrids” (SFR) in the land of traditional N.Y. publishing. Then, disenchanted by the many rules, I walked away from it all.

Six years later I emerged into a massively changed literary world where being an independent author was a real thing. My first books written as
More about Susan Grant...

Star (4 books)
  • The Star Queen (Star, #0.5)
  • The Star King (Star, #1)
  • The Star Princess (Star, #3)