Start by marking “Shantorian (Trackers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shantorian (Trackers, #2)

Shantorian (Trackers #2)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  393 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
Bestselling author Patrick Carman pushes the vbook to the next level with this thrilling book/video/web experience. In the 21st century landscape of bits and bytes, everyone leaves a digital footprint ... even the most advanced cyber criminals. And that's where the Trackers come in. Four tech-savvy kids armed with high-tech video cameras and esoteric coding skills, the Tra ...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Scholastic Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Shantorian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shantorian

IndyPL Kids Book Blog
Mar 06, 2012 IndyPL Kids Book Blog rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-life
Adam, Finn, Lewis and Emily (The Trackers) are back in another high-tech adventure, this time getting involved with a secret group that is trying to stop the world’s most dangerous hacker, Shantorian. The problem is, the organization is SO top secret even the FBI doesn’t know about it.

With the help of their new secretive partners, Lazlo and Zara, The Trackers set up a complex online heist to make Shantorian reveal his identity and whereabouts. As the heist unfolds, alliances and friendship start
Teenage Reads
Jul 28, 2015 Teenage Reads rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Middle School Boys
Shelves: series, 2015
In the world of tracking, everyone leaves a trail. A digital pattern that is left behind when you go searching for something. All it takes is one computer nerd, and he/she is able to find anyone, anywhere. Pretty scary huh? These computer nerds can be anywhere from ten year olds to forty-seven year olds, the trick is just knowing the backdoor's of the internet. Which is what the trackers knew, and how they all ended up in this mess.

Shantorian is a hacker that none other has seen before. He is ad
Amy Lin
Feb 20, 2014 Amy Lin rated it really liked it
Barbara
Nov 16, 2014 Barbara rated it liked it
The Trackers (Adam, Finn, Lewis, and Emily) are in big trouble in this follow-up to the second book in the series. They've been arrested, and it's up to Adam to explain what happened and how they got involved in a plan to steal millions of dollars from banks by shutting down the Internet. As in the previous title, readers log on to a website and watch videos that add to the story and make them feel as though they are right there with the characters. There are several surprises--I won't reveal th ...more
Asha
Nov 10, 2014 Asha rated it it was amazing
Shantorian by Patrick Carman was an interesting book and a very good follow-up to the first one. This book had surprising twists and turns to the very last sentence. I like how they really captured the brain of a world wide hacker, you really thought that Zara could have done what she did in this book. Patrick Carman also did a stupendous job on capturing the mindsets of Adam, Emily, Finn and Lewis. Throughout the book you could tell that they were kids and I could see how and what they thought ...more
Nicola Mansfield
Mar 03, 2011 Nicola Mansfield rated it really liked it
Reason for Reading: next in the series.

Book One left us with four tech savvy teens being imprisoned and interrogated about a major computer hacker's crime. None of the teens were talking, as planned, leaving the talking up to Adam Henderson, their leader. Book Two continues on with that interrogation bringing in the name of the world's most infamous computer hacker, Shantorian. Whom no one has ever seen or knows anything about except that he always leaves his "weird eyed kid" signature behind hi
Andy Jiang
Apr 09, 2013 Andy Jiang rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-2013
I've just finished reading the book Shantorian, the second book of the Tracker's series, by Patrick Carmen. This book is the continuation of the first Trackers book about Adam Henderson, the leader of the Trackers team. Adam is convicted of stealing billions of dollars from banks and now he has to explain himself in an interview with an agent. A man and a girl tricked Adam into opening banks with his programming skills(and the raymond disk) because he thought he was going to help catch a nationa ...more
Sornnujah
Mar 03, 2013 Sornnujah rated it it was amazing
Adam Henderson and the trackers are brought into a FBI office, accused of stealing billions of dollars. Adam tries to prove his innocence to the Agent, but she doesn't believe him at all. Throughout the book, he explains how he was brought to ISD and how the man who brought him in Lazlo, who was supposedly trying to stop a mastermind named Shantorian, was the criminal. Then Lazlo is brought in , and tells everybody that it was actually Zara, a girl who acted like she worked for Lazlo was all beh ...more
Pontiki
Oct 13, 2014 Pontiki rated it liked it
Good continuation of the story from the first book. Although it's pretty obvious to an adult who Shantorian is, for kids it will likely be a surprising twist.

What I find most amusing is the way Carman captures the way kids speak. He has Adam say things my 12 year old says verbatim, so he's right on with his target audience.

Fun book with more interesting videos, and leaving the reader with enough questions to want to read the next instalment.

Sharon
Mar 05, 2012 Sharon rated it liked it
I read this last summer on a roadtrip, and totally forgot about it since then--it honestly wasn't all that memorable.

Being on a roadtrip, I didn't have a chance to watch the videos, so the description/summary thing of them in the back was SOOO nice. :)

This book was more confusing than the last one. People seemed to chance identities multiple times, and we never really knew who was the badguy until the very very very end, and then the MC off and says he pretty much agrees with the badguy. What?!

I
Chris
Jan 09, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Every kid wants to go to camp. Every kid finds camp exciting; even for the Trackers. The Trackers are four friends with one thing in common; being technology wizard/geeks. Adam, Emily, Finn, and Lewis are invited to a technology camp. They are dropped off by their parents at an old Boeing airplane assembly hangar outside Seattle. And then, camp begins with a real world quest, track Shantorian, the world's best computer hacker, before Shantorian shuts down the Internet and steals billions of doll ...more
Amalia
Nov 02, 2011 Amalia rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-challenge
This is the second (and I think, final) book in the Trackers series by Patrick Carman. If you like a good puzzle, this series is it!

While our brains are working double time to unravel the mystery(ies), our consciences are brought into play. What are we doing with our lives? How are we raising the next generation - and ourselves? In short, what is the world coming to? How much do we let our children run their own lives? How much technology is too much?

We hear about technology addictions and I thi
Garrett B.
Dec 07, 2011 Garrett B. rated it it was amazing
This book was very exciting and will interest anybody. The Trackers book two Shantorian was amazing and the videos were amazingly done by Patrick Carman. I felt this book was realistic fiction because it could happen, but most likely wouldn’t. The Trackers always kept you on your toes and had a twist around every corner. This is the second book in the Trackers series.
The main characters are Adam, Lewis, Finn, Emily, Zara, The Agent and Lazlo; they are all computer wizzes except the agent. The
Miguel Amador
Mar 31, 2015 Miguel Amador rated it it was amazing
The book "Trackers:Shantorian" is a awesome book that deserves a 5 star.This book is an action/adventure genre that would blow your mind from all the terrible things that happen to one kid and his friends since a secret organization frames all of them by the crimes that they had committed. I think this book is great because it leads to all the twists and turns to a persons childhood.
Elisha Hollis
Oct 12, 2015 Elisha Hollis rated it liked it
Honestly, this book wasn't as good as the first one. I was in love with the first one and was so excited to read the second one but when I picked it up, it was kinda like meh. Other than that, it was pretty good.
John Warren
Mar 22, 2016 John Warren rated it really liked it
Technology took the place of people, until one day I woke up and realized people didn't matter anymore.
Sequel had proven the point, well justified.
Sarkis Aleksanyan
May 20, 2016 Sarkis Aleksanyan rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book and the format it was written in. I mainly liked the characters and the perspective of the book.
Christina
Feb 01, 2011 Christina rated it liked it
The action continues as Adam, hacker leader of The Trackers, tells his story to Agent Ganz.The agent believes he and his friends stole a billion dollars by hacking into bank accounts, but Adam insists they didn't do it, they only set up the possibility in order to trap the notorious hacker known as Shantorian. This book is full of surprises, betrayals, doublecrosses, and electronic spy games, and watching the videos online is a fun extension of the story (though I like having the video transcrip ...more
Michelle
Won this in a first reads giveaway and can't wait to start it!!

Good follow up to the 1st book-definitely left it wide open for yet another one. Very hard to visualize from the transcripts what the videos should look like. May change my rating once I see the videos.
Videos were finally working and I was able to watch them. I would increase my rating by maybe 1/2 a star. I was a little disappointed in this series after reading his Skeleton Creek series. I guess I was expecting too much. I will reco
Tony Keefer
I read the first book in this series a while ago and when I got book 2, I had to promptly hand it over to a student in my class. One thing led to another and I finally got it back on the last day of school. I think Patrick Carman is really onto to a big idea with blending text and web based movies. I loved the plot of this book as well ( actually the combination of the 2 books).

Overall, the idea of 4 kids being able to use their brains and tech skills to outsmart neat everyone else is the reason
Pedro veliz castelan
Feb 23, 2015 Pedro veliz castelan rated it did not like it
at the begining of the book i didn't really understand so i wouldn't reccomend this book
Joshua
Aug 21, 2011 Joshua rated it really liked it
I really like this series complete with videos, excitement, high tech though I think it has a short shelflife... However I do think it will be a robust shelflife as it is a great read!

That said I think this two book series could have easily been put into one book... 133 pages plus 30 appendix pages at the cost of a full price book? Maybe as an e-book priced at 7.99 or so... Or two paperbacks at 7 or 8.99... Its a series hc trend that troubles me... I can see the purpose in short books for reluct
Mar 25, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
I didn't like this one as much as the first Trackers book. Maybe I've gotten tired of the interrogation format, or maybe the character of Adam seemed to dominate this book too much (we heard very little about the other 3 trackers). The ending (Adam's email to Agent Ganz) was downright preachy and did not sound true to the character to me. Would a true tech geek really 'confess' that his generation was too plugged in and that he secretly wished all technology would crash? It just felt like an adu ...more
Janice Crespo
Dec 28, 2010 Janice Crespo rated it really liked it
Most children's books will leave you bored as an adult reading them (I always try to read what my girls were reading to talk about it and make sure it was appropriate). This book is great. The reading was a pleasure - a real page turner - and the basic theme I received reading it was that no matter your age, you can make a big difference in the world. If you have a child and want to boost them self-esteem and show them there are no limits ahead of them, put this series in their hands and read wi ...more
Shaeley Santiago
Aug 04, 2011 Shaeley Santiago rated it it was amazing
The second (and final?) book in the Trackers series continues the story of the group working for the Internet Safety Division (ISD) to track down Shantorian who threatens to turn off the internet. Like the first book, the story is told through an interview between Adam and FBI Agent Ganz with links to online videos of the trackers.

This book gets a little more philosophical about the internet and addresses issues of friendship vs. technology. #bookaday
Jackie
This time, Adam, Emily, Finn, and Lewis team up with Lazlo and Zara to track down Shantorian, the world's most feared hacker. Adam and Zara manage to perform some high-tech wizardry and divert billions of dollars of funds from world banks. Not just a game anymore.

But, they all were set up...the question is, by whom? Shantorian is a fast-paced thriller which keeps you on the edge of your seat and your mind working overtime.
MizziQ
Sep 17, 2011 MizziQ rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
Intresting. For right now I'm still more fond of the first one...but I guess that happens a lot. The 2nd book left plenty of room for cliffhangers and unresolved plots but still finished off the book ok. It was pretty good, interesting, and had all the awesome characters that were in #1. I do have to say though the backrounds of the characters carry this one along more than anything else. True, also, for the previous one.
Cherie