Start by marking “First Night (Hauberk Protection, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
First Night (Hauberk Protection, #0.5)

First Night (Hauberk Protection 0.5)

This erotic short story introduces you to Jodi and Mark, the hero and heroine of Private Property, as Jodi decides to usher in the New Year with 'a bang' instead of a fizzle. And gets a whole lot more than she bargained for.

This version is being withdrawn. It has been lengthened and re-edited and will be released on Amazon, B&N and other ebook providers at the end of D
ebook, ePub, 10 pages
Published December 30th 2008 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about First Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Night

Dina
Jun 08, 2010 Dina rated it liked it
Recommended to Dina by: Shawna
¡Ay Dios mío! What a steamy, sexy way to welcome in the New Year! This quickie can work as a prologue to Private Property and it got me interested in adding that book to my TBR... until I read Auntee's review. Ay ay ay mamacita.
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary/Erotic Romance

This is a fun, sexy ten page quickie/freebie read about a woman who starts the New Year off with a literal bang, when she finally bangs her hot Latin boss! It’s a prequel to Private Property, which I definitely plan to read now that I’ve gotten a taste of the author’s writing style.
Dee
This is a really short story but does give a little bit of background on characters that we meet in Private Property. If it was longer I probably would have got into it more and rated it higher but can't justify going higher than 3 stars due to the low word count.
Maria Rose
I loved this introduction to Jodi and Mark who feature in the novel Private Property that comes after this prequel short story! It gives a nice background to the two characters and the sexual attraction between them comes through loud and clear as they embark on a new aspect of their relationship. The sex scenes between them are sizzling! Readers will definitely want to pick up the continuation to their story. 5 steamy stars!
Tabatha
Nov 04, 2010 Tabatha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a short a saucy prequel to Private Property that gives us a tiny glimpse of the intense heat and chemistry that Mark and Jodi have. They've wanted each other, but this New Years Eve they are about to take their relationship to a whole new level. Trust me when I say you don't want to miss out on this one!
JoAnne
Mar 21, 2015 JoAnne rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
Great intro to Book 1....
Lisa
Jul 09, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, earc
This is a quick little novella to introduce you to Mark and Jodi the main characters in the first book in this series. Mark is the overworked boss and it's New Years Eve. Jodi has the hots for said boss and with the encouragement of a friend decides to to make Mark relax at the company New Years Eve party. While this book let me meet Mark and Jodi it also sets you up for book one is this series with a little background on both characters and Sam who makes his appearance in book one as well. An e ...more
Coco at *My Reading Nook Blog*
Very short prequel to Private Property where we'll get more on Jodi and Mark's story. Definitely a good snippet to get you interested in the series. Short available on Leah Braemel's website as a freebie.
Yz the Whyz
Jun 05, 2010 Yz the Whyz rated it really liked it
A sexy sizzling tale about Jodi's seduction of her boss in a celebration worthy of a New Year bang. It's a prequel to a longer work called Private Property, and based on this teaser, it is going into my TBR list.
Laura Navarrete
Jan 02, 2015 Laura Navarrete rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Sauce

Leah's books always leave you wanting more...love this prequel to Private Property. Love the Hauberk series. I really like the fact that Jodi is a strong heroine and Mark loves that about her. Like in the story..." It's time you get back up on the horse and Mark's the perfect stallion to ride."
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This was an okay story. It was a cute way to bring in the New Year. It's something I'll have to try next year for my New Year Eve. The dialog in here is a bit hokey and eye rolling. That's really what made this more of a 2.5 star for me. I can't quite say it is a 3 star.
Erica
Wow, for like twelve pages, that is realllllllly hot. Definitely has piqued my interest for the series. Very nice short!!!!
Lisa
Jun 29, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
I can only think of a few words on how Mark and Jodi got together in this instalement of the Hauberk Protection Series - short straight to the point and sexy.
SheLove2Read
Jun 06, 2010 SheLove2Read rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
Pretty good friends to lovers romance.

This is a free read - check out the Goodreads page for this book for the download.
Lily
Lily rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2012
Angie H.
Angie H. rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2014
Foua
Foua rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2013
Lexee Toste
Lexee Toste rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Valerie Loh
Valerie Loh rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2014
Rebecca Adkins
Rebecca Adkins rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2012
Jay Perry
Jay Perry rated it really liked it
May 17, 2014
Kells22
Kells22 rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2013
Denise
Denise rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2013
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2012
Livia Quinn
Livia Quinn rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2012
Fiona Quinn Books
Fiona Quinn Books rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2013
CheapReader
CheapReader rated it liked it
May 17, 2012
Beth
Beth rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2013
Erika Mounts
Erika Mounts rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Zoe Mullins
Zoe Mullins rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Friends With Benefits
  • Retreat (Lowell High School, #1)
  • That One Night in Vegas
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Seattle Steam, #2.5)
  • Silk
  • A Little Harmless Fling (Harmless, #3.5.2)
  • Slow Burn (Lawmen, #3)
  • Lone Star Trouble
  • Caught off Guard (The Heroes of Silver Springs, #1)
  • The Little Things (Red Rock Pass, #1.5)
  • Storming His Heart (Westlake Enterprises, #2)
  • Playing for Keeps/Body Check (Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • Hidden Desires
  • Strip Tease (Protect and Defend, #1.5)
  • Keeping It Secret (Moan for Uncle, #2)
  • Fire & Dark (Night Horde SoCal, #3)
  • Kayla's Birthday Present
Married to her college sweetheart and the mother of two sons, Leah is the only woman in a houseful of men—even their dog and cat are male. She loves escaping the ever-multiplying dust bunnies by opening up her laptop to write about sexy heroes and the women who challenge them.

Reviewers have awarded Leah’s books numerous Top Pick and Recommended Reads designations as well as nominated them as Best
More about Leah Braemel...

Hauberk Protection (4 books)
  • Private Property (Hauberk Protection, #1)
  • Personal Protection (Hauberk Protection, #2)
  • Deliberate Deceptions (Hauberk Protection, #3)
  • Hidden Heat (Hauberk Protection, #4)