Start by marking “As Time Goes By (The Californians, #2)” as Want to Read:
As Time Goes By (The Californians, #2)

As Time Goes By (The Californians #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,512 ratings  ·  38 reviews

Lori Wick’s bestselling series The Californians (more than 500,000 copies sold) has a fresh new cover design to delight avid Lori Wick fans and readers just introduced to Lori’s beloved fiction.

For five years handsome Jeff Taylor has wanted to apologize to Bobbie Bradford in person. But she left town the day after the humiliating episode at the picnic and never returned.

Published (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about As Time Goes By, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As Time Goes By

Dawn
Bobbie Bradford arrives back in Santa Rosa after 5 years of being away. She will be working closely with Jeff Taylor at his family's shipping office. Since Jeff is part of the reason that Bobbie stayed away for so long, can these two find it in their hearts to let go of the past?

I've read Lori's books over and over again. This particular series is one of my favorites. Though this one in particular isn't my favorite in the series. I still enjoyed it. I enjoyed seeing Jeff and Bobbie overcome thei
Brittany
This has been a comfort book for me. The story is so simple, and heartwarming.
Julie Graves
Five years ago Bobbie had left Santa Rosa in humiliation and embarrassment. Jeff Taylor has always felt guilty for his part in causing Bobbie to stay away for so long. Now Bobbie is returning to work in the Taylor's shipping office.

Both Bobbie and Jeff have grown up in the five years since the incident at the lagoon. Both feel a little awkward when Bobbie first starts to work for the Taylor's, but they soon become great friends.

Jeff is once again dating Sylvia, but confused by how angry she is a
Kim
Gotta love a good romance while my hubby is away at scout camp! Clean and fun read. Really liking this author and glad I had all four books on hand when I started this series. The books end well enough that I didn't have to move on to the next one but the family was one I wanted to keep reading about!
Louise
Lori Wick is a new author for me, but I must say I love her stories. Very touching and easy to read. This is Book #2 of "The Californians" series.

"Bobbie Bradford wasn't the prettiest girl in town, but Jeff Taylor had no right to hurt her.

For five years Jeff had wanted to apologize to Bobbie in person. But she had left town the day after the humiliating espisode at the picnic and never returned. Jeff was older now. He had grown in his faith and as a man. Still, the news that Bobbie was returning
Beth
One thing I love about Lori Wick's series is that later books often focus in on characters that only hung on the periphery in the original book, while the original characters fade to the background. She does this well here, although I had grown sort of attached to Kaitlin from the prequel to this book and regretted only getting occasional updates on her here. Also, I've always loved the way Lori Wick portrays families, with grandparents, siblings, spouses, the children, the random people the fam ...more
Candy
his is a really nice story!
Carrie Daws
Originally published in 1992, this book by Lori Wick is number two in a series of four books, which I didn’t realize when I purchased it at a Used Book Store. What I most appreciated about the story was that I didn’t feel left out. The book was complete in and of itself, not requiring me to stop and go find the first book....

To read more, check out my full book review on my blog post for 30 March 2012 at http://carriedaws.com/?p=711
Dani
I'm enjoying The Californians series much more than Big Sky Dreams. I still think the Tucker Mills series is my favorite, though.

In this particular book, I appreciated the fact that Wick resisted the urge to have Bobbie outgrow her plain looks. Bobbie learned to work with what she had, but there was never a "Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto! You're beautiful" moment where Bobbie whips off her glasses and is suddenly stunning.
Judine
I think this might be my favorite Lori Wick book yet -- and for sure Bobbie is my favorite heroine. I love her independence tempered with humor and how open and accepting she is to God. I also like her vulnerability without her glasses. Jeff isn't a bad guy, and I wanted them to end up together (because Cleve's whole idea of getting married without love is just WRONG), but she's the one who really makes this book.
sarah
I really don't get into this type of book, the romance novel, Christian or not, but these kept my attention and were highly recommended one summer by my mother. They are excellent and about more than romance. They are about real life struggles and frustration with God. I tried to read others and never got through them. These are the best.
Kathryn
Novemember 2011 re-read.

This whole series is one of my favorite comfort reads.

I think part of the reason I've always enjoyed this love story so much is because the heroine doesn't suddenly "become beautiful" but rather grows into herself and grows in Christ, and she becomes beautiful to the hero as he gets to know the true her. Great story.
Acarrawa
Easy to read. Sweet story. I can relate well to the main character since I wear glasses myself and do not see well without them. Lori Wick did a great job of interweaving the salvation message into the storyline. This is a good example of true Christian fiction. I am interested in reading the rest of this series.
Kristen
A quick and clean, but pretty predictable read. There is a book ahead of this and I guess I should have read it first, there were a bunch of characters introduced at one time and it was hard to keep them straight at first. A little preachy at times, but hey, it's a christian romance...

Moral Note: Clean

Karen & Gerard
As Time Goes By is a delightful Christian historical romance novel that I enjoyed reading. The main characters, Bobbie and Jeff, start out badly as teenagers but five years later are drawn to each other even though they are both in relationships with other people. Just a fun, light read.
Tabitha
While I loved the Californians series by Lori Wick, I felt this book didn't have the same hook to it as the other 3. It wasn't the best, but I would say I still enjoyed it. You should read it if you intend on reading the next 2, which I think are the best in the series.
Teresa Snyder
I'm really enjoying this series. This was the second book in a four book series. Easy read. Sweet book. Moving on to book three in the series (which actually has a higher rating than the first two books).
Jackie

This book was not that bad. I like Lori Wick's books. The characters are so good! The preachers seem passionate about what they preach. Just a good book. Nothing bad in this.
Nellie
Book #2 in the Californians.
Jeff and Bobbie have one heartbreaking moment after another. Will he ever stop hurting her?
Fun book. Great for teen girls. I look forward to the next one.
Elaine
Another great story in this series. Anxious to see how it all resolves in the last book. This book featured Jeff Taylor & Bobbie Bradford. Interesting twist to their story.
Larry Holshu
Lori Wick is an excellent writer and her characters are very believable. A must read. Keeps your attention through out. A book any true believer would want to read.
Tinae Goodell
Loved this book,mill go back and read #1, it was interesting from the beginning, easy to read and read it quickly! Very interesting story. Loved it.
Erika
I've reread this book a few times. I think the stories different than the average romance. It's nice to see a more realistic heroine.
Diana
Book 2 of 4
Follows: Whatever Tomorrow Brings
Next up: Sean Donovan
Marielle
Also predictable, but a good story about friendship. I enjoyed the characters in this book.
Alison
LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT! I have memorized so many lines and scenes from it!
Noreen
Easy reading but makes me think about my relationship with God.
Awakening
I absolutely loved this book! I was a creatine, fun story to read!
Nessy96
was really good,going to read this again!
Amy
Good, moral Romance novel! I enjoy this author!
  • Hope (Brides of the West, #3)
  • A Woman Named Damaris (Women of the West, #4)
  • Shadows of the Canyon (Desert Roses, #1)
  • The Husband Tree (Montana Marriages, #2)
  • Prairie Fire (A Town Called Hope, #2)
  • Waterfalls (Glenbrooke, #6)
  • Separate Roads (Ribbons West, #2)
  • The Protector (O'Malley #4)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...
The Princess Sophie's Heart The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles #1) Pretense Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles #2)