Start by marking “Alien Revealed (The Confederacy Treaty, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alien Revealed (The Confederacy Treaty, #1)

Alien Revealed (The Confederacy Treaty #1)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  32 reviews

Inarrii agent Alinna Gaerrii was tasked with observing the Starforce base on Earth. Crash landing her observation pod onto the base was not part of her mission briefing. Neither was making m'ittar--mind contact--with Major David Brown, the human who discovered her amongst the wreckage.

David thinks she's a psychologist sent to evaluate his Special Forces team, and Alinna go

Published (first published May 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Alien Revealed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alien Revealed

Sweet as Sin by Inez KelleyStone Kissed by Keri StevensThe Mysterious Lady Law by Robert AppletonLying Eyes by Amy AtwellThe Sergeant's Lady by Susanna Fraser
Carina Press Books
43rd out of 105 books — 101 voters
Discovery by T.M. Roy w/a Terran MoffatGhost Planet by Sharon Lynn FisherThe Host by Stephenie MeyerEnslave Me Sweetly by Gena ShowalterA Thousand Words for Stranger by Julie E. Czerneda
Alien Heroines in Sci-Fi Romance/Romantic SF
6th out of 45 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Alisha
May 29, 2012 Alisha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: PNR fans looking to delve into Sci-Fi Romance (SFR)
Shelves: tour-book
Quick Take:
While not groundbreaking, this is certainly a solid piece of sci-fi romantica. The scope of the novella's plot is intimate, but there are threads that imply greater complexity on a series level, to be explored in future installments.

Review: (originally posted at My Need to Read)
This story is definitely established quickly and, in my opinion, efficiently. At the same time, there was apparent care and detail employed early on, enough to make the quick exposition feel thorough. Within th
Yvette
I liked it but.... I wish the blurb on the site had warned me about the anal penetration and the bondage play. Really. I feel like a broken record here, but please, tell me, when you read this blurb do you envision anal penetration and bondage play?

Description

Inarrii agent Alinna Gaerrii was tasked with observing the Starforce base on Earth. Crash landing her observation pod was not part of her mission briefing. Neither was making m'ittar—mind contact—with Major David Brown, the human who found
Susan
GIveaway on my blog of one copy of this book ~ see details after my review. . . .

This book is a mixture of Sci-fi and erotic romance. It was different from what I normally read, but in a good way. I enjoyed reading Alinna's reactions to human words, actions and surroundings. It gave me a new understanding of some of the things I consider common place, and words I use or am familiar with that might not make sense to someone from another culture.

The erotic parts were good, and related well with t
Patricia Ange
This book had potential but ended up being nothing more than an unfulfilled promise. The plot was different enough for me to be hopeful. I found it a nice treat for our heroine to be the alien character and our hero to be the unsuspecting human.

Additionally, I found that the primary characters were well developed. I was generally pleased with the most aspects of the story and enjoyed the secondary characters almost as much as the primary characters.

The reason for my low rating and my main probl
Parajunkee
First off where do I sign up for tattoo like nerve endings? Everything about this book was sexy, the cover, the concept and the characters. A quickie read, with an intense story-line, I'm never really gushy fangirl over books leaning towards erotica...but this was a treat. Read More...
Stella
I am still a newbie sci-fi fan but I’m all for stretching my boundaries and discovering new horizons, so when I caught a glimpse of the stunning covers of Lilly Cain’s Confederacy Treaty series my curiosity was piqued and I knew I wouldn’t mind stretching those boundaries with these stories.

Alien Revealed is the first story in Lilly Cain’s exciting new Confederacy Treaty series which is a sci-fi erotic romance series. (Here is your warning those who don’t like steamy stories this series is scor
Jonetta
Alien Inarrii agent Alinna Gaerrii was observing the Earth's Starforce base when she was forced to crash land on the base because of another jet crash. She was injured in the process but the entire crew from the jet didn't survive. Major David Brown, the human who discovered her amongst the wreckagethinks she’s a psychologist sent to evaluate his Special Forces team, and Alinna goes along with his misconception, seizing the opportunity to observe humans.

I must admit I began reading this book wit
Emily
Alien Revealed is the first in a trilogy about the development of a treaty between the humans of Earth and the Inarrii, a race of beings that look like people but have exceptional psychic powers and tattoos that function as nerve endings on the outside of their bodies. The first of the Inarrii who finds her way to Earth is Alinna, and she ends up masquerading as a Starforce psychologist after her research vessel crashes near the base. David is taken in at the beginning but quickly realizes that ...more
MaggieReadsRom
3.25 stars!!

Alinna Gaerrii is an Inarrii agent tasked with observing Earth/human behavior to see if the can form a Treaty within the Confederacy against the Raveners. When she crash lands her spy pod on a human Starforce base she decides to continue her observation, especially when she’s mistaken for someone due to arrive on the base.

Major David Brown mistakenly presumes Alinna is Dr. Janet MacPherson, the psychtech assigned to evaluate his team for an upcoming security mission escorting new set
She-Wolf Reads
Ok, full disclosure: I don’t read a lot of science fiction and I don’t read any erotica. This is the first book I’ve read that can be considered erotica or erotic romance. And I enjoyed it. Cain does a good job of creating a steamy, science fiction romance with an interesting world and a great sense of tension.

What I really enjoyed about Alien Revealed was the world Cain creates. We are thrown into an Earth of the future, where space exploration is common, but alien life forms have yet to be dis
Sobia

So I think my reading of this was screwed by my expectations.
The summary brought The Down Home Zombie Blues to mind, while not my favorite Linnea Sinclair title, was still a solid SFR read.

Instead, Alien Revealed bynew to me author Lilly Cain was more sci if erotica...a futuristic one , though we're never given a year, at least iirc. So if hot sex between a hot human hero and an alien heroine with little bondage thrown in with only a marginal plot is what you're looking for, congrats you found i
Christi Snow
My Review:

I adore sci fi books, but admit to worrying about them when they involve sex among humans and an alien life form....that sometimes can get a little bit "different" especially in the spicier novels. But Lilly Cain has found an exceptional balance here. Alinna is an alien, but on the surface she looks just as human as we are. The difference with the Inarrii race is that they have nerve endings on their skin surface which appear like tribal tattoos. For Alinna, these curve around all her
Mindy
Sometimes I worry that books about Aliens will either be too Star Wars-like or too campy, but this one was sensual, funny, and charming. The story about an alien species coming to earth to check out the population and see if earthlings were worthy of a treaty and to save from an evil alien invasion is not new, but this story is written in such a charming manner that it doesn’t seem clichéd at all. The alien is a woman who crashes with a ship and ends up being mistaken for the woman on the ship t ...more
Jody
As the first book in a trilogy about an alien species making first contact with humans, there's a lot to like and be excited for in the future. With two very likable characters and lots of steamy interludes this was a book that grabbed me from page one and with its open ending has me clamoring for the sequel.

Alinna's species is highly sexualized and communicates mostly through psychic means. Encountering humans is both exciting and scary, especially after crash landing and being mistaken for som
Marlene
Originally published at Reading Reality

First contact. In the story of Alien Revealed, the sexy science fiction romance by Lilly Cain, that phrase about the protocols surrounding the first meeting between humans and aliens takes on some amazing new variations.

And I don't think any of them are quite what Star Fleet might have had in mind. Although Jim Kirk probably did. ;)

But in this first contact story, the humans are the less scientifically developed race being contacted by the more scientifical
Kelly
As I have a tendency to do, I read these books out of order. I loved book 2 and I'll admit that I went into this one with some pretty lofty expectations. I'm pleased to say that I wasn't let down at all. *steeples fingers* Most excellent.

I love the physical characteristics that Lilly Cain has given her aliens. Between the mind-talking and the sexy nerves, these aliens have some serious sexing going on. I also loved that Alinna is waaaaay out of her league when she accidentally falls into David's
Jasmyn
Alinna is an alien (very human like) that has been sent to scout the earth and decide if they would be good allies for her people. She is instructed to stay out of sight and out of the way. Fate has other plans when her small craft crashed near an Earth space base. She is retrieved by Major David Brown who assumes she is a doctor he has been waiting to show up, but he soon realizes she may not be who he thinks she is.

Whoa Nelly! Talk about a short but very hot romance. The short little book had
Mona
Alien Revealed by Lilly Cain was an interestingly hot book. Why is that, you ask? The idea of psychic sex is an intriguing concept. If it were truly possible, I’m sure few of us would ever concentrate on our work.

The relationship between Alinna and David evolves naturally, even allowing for a healthy amount of suspicion. The seduction is reciprocal, sensual, and hot, hot, hot. I enjoyed the way Ms. Cain gradually revealed their personalities and allowed the reader to know and understand them,
Carrie
TBR Challenge 2011- this book has been on my TBR list since June 2010.
SFR Challenge 2011- this book is 7/15 for the "Moon" Challenge.

2.5*
The writing is decent, but the book is short and the character and plot development isn't deep. I would call this Sci-Fi Romantica, or Sci-Fi Erotic Romance. The sexuality is integral to the story, more so than the actual romance. The idea is good, and it could have been written as a longer, more in-depth study of the characters and the situation while still le
Tara SG
* * *

--This book in 6 words:

quick steamy sci-fi with great characters

--Why did I read this? And am I glad I did?

I came across this while looking over available books on NetGalley and thought it looked like a good read. I’m glad I read it. The hubs is definitely glad I read it lol. I was surprised at how well-developed the story and characters were for such a short erotica eBook. I found myself really caring about what happened to Alinna and wanting to know more about her race. This is definitel
Really short but sweet. The author managed to get all the important bit's into the story, and in the end you know that there could be more but your still happy with how it finished. 4 stars.
AnnaM
I really liked the world building and characters in this story. It's been in my tbr for a long time. It's a quick, interesting read. Definitely an erotic Romance. I do wish I'd been warned about the anal sex as I probably would have passed on this. As it was by the time that occurred I was invested in the characters and in wanting to know the plot outcome. This story ends so neatly I didn't even know there were more stories until I read the reviews just now.

Altogether a good read. Recommended.
Nichelle Gregory
April
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

Really liked it! So glad I purchased this series on Audible! Can't wait to get to the others! Great reader and great story!

A really interesting Sci-fi story. Really interesting and engaging characters. Oh and the steam was plentiful!! These are some hot and sensual aliens!!
Shawna Romkey
I'd never read an erotic sci fi novel before but am glad I did. Cain's world building is well thought out, the characters fun and the love scenes smoking! It was definitely a unique, fun blending of genres and I'll have to read the others in the series to see what happens with the Inarii! If you're into sci fi and romance, definitely check this one out!
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
2 1/2 stars
Well, I would have liked the warning about bondage and anal. I enjoyed the world building and would have enjoyed more of that. Not sure I liked enough to read the other book in this series.
Kimberly
A nice little sci-fi romp, with characters that are likeable and situations that are realistic (as far as scifi goes!).

I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
ms bookjunkie
I very much enjoyed this story, it was sweet but hot, relatively short and refreshingly different. I'll definitely be getting more of the series one of these days.
Julie Burns
Not sure about this series.
Loved the connection between main characters.
But something just didn't gel !
Will read next book and take it from there.
  • Lucy in the Sky
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
  • Captive Surrender
  • Lust by Moonbeam (Moonbeam, #1)
  • Heart of Stone
  • Talson's Net (Talson Temptation, #3)
  • Chain (Terran Times)
  • Silver Bound
  • Hunting Kat (The Triton Experiment, #1)
  • Chain Reaction (8th Wing, #2)
  • Body Master (The Body, #1)
  • Moonstruck (Borderlands, #1)
  • Enemy Within (Enemy, #1)
  • The Demon Of Synar (Forced To Serve, #1)
  • The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bond, #1)
  • The Key
  • Leaving Earth (Delroi Connection, #2)
  • Starkissed
Lilly Cain is a wild woman with a deep throaty laugh, plunging necklines and a great lover of all things sensual - perfume, chocolate, silk! She never has to worry about finding a date or keeping a man in line. She keeps her blonde hair long and curly, wears beautiful clothes and loves loud music. Lilly lives her private life in the pages of her books.

When not pretending to be Lilly, I am a single
More about Lilly Cain...

The Confederacy Treaty (3 books)
  • The Naked Truth (The Confederacy Treaty, #2)
  • Undercover Alliance (The Confederacy Treaty, #3)
The Naked Truth (The Confederacy Treaty, #2) No Reservations (Bad Girls Know #1) Undercover Alliance (The Confederacy Treaty, #3) Building Magic Dark Harmony (Dark Seduction, #1)