Start by marking “Power Through Constructive Thinking” as Want to Read:
Power Through Constructive Thinking

Power Through Constructive Thinking

4.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  218 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
With dramatic clarity Dr. Fox tells how to conquer failure and discouragement.
Published September 20th 1989 by HarperOne (first published November 1st 1940)

To ask other readers questions about Power Through Constructive Thinking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power Through Constructive Thinking

Carmen
Apr 09, 2013 Carmen rated it liked it
Recommended to Carmen by: Shiela Lehr
This author's thoughts on the Lord's Prayer, and various key chapters in Psalms are very, very good. However, his ideas about life after death and reincarnation are unconventional. I also disagree when he says we have power over sickness and other misfortunes if only we change our thinking. But what of those who do not get well? Should they feel guilty about having failed to learn proper thinking and prayer?
Bev Siddons
Mar 30, 2015 Bev Siddons rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirtuality
My bookshelves are becoming populated with metaphysical books. I thought “New Age” thinking was really new—like maybe since I started reading about it in the 1990’s. Not so. Emmet Fox published Power Through Constructive Thinking in 1940 and is touted as one the greatest spiritual leaders of the century. And metaphysics itself goes back centuries.

This is yet another book about the power of positive thinking (along with positive action). Fox tells us that our limitations or weakness are of no acc
Thurman Faison
May 23, 2015 Thurman Faison rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Many years have passed since the author shared these truths in his generation. They are still relevant today for those who are still seeking spiritual insights that can add to the depths of their own experiences of faith. Actually, this is what the book is all about "faith." Whether one agrees with .every area of thought he touches upon, or of the way he categorizes his concepts. When he focuses upon the essence of his primary emphasis in each chapter he takes you back to a scriptural reference ...more
Deb
May 05, 2012 Deb added it
so far so good. Not just a think positive and all will be great book. rather a deeply spiritual read. OK so the last third of the book is hinky. Still would recommend. it.
Mary Stewart
Oct 17, 2008 Mary Stewart rated it it was amazing
I keep this by my bedside - it has been instrumental in countless late night spontaneous healings!
Ryan Jockers
Sep 22, 2012 Ryan Jockers rated it really liked it

I met a lot of interesting people when I was a reporter. It's one of the few things I miss about the profession. One of the most interesting was a woman I met on Weir Farm. She mentioned this book (and maybe gave it to me; I can't remember) and I'd put it aside and stumbled upon it this summer and it seemed just right for me at the time. It was.
Essentially a series of essays about thinking and prayer, I liked what Emmett Fox says about the power we have to control our own thinking and how that
♥ Ibrahim ♥
Aug 20, 2014 ♥ Ibrahim ♥ rated it really liked it
The book has some of the best ideas that I want to savor and make sure I put into practice. However, I wish it was written in a more lucid way. Sometimes I feel like I have to plough through the dense style in which he crafted his words. Oh for simplicity! But still it is a book worth ploughing through and persevering since …as the Arab proverb says, it is for the sake of the flowers that ivy also gets a swig of water, and why not? Never mind the bumps on the road, the bumps of stodgy English st ...more
Michael Heath
Oct 03, 2012 Michael Heath rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific book for anyone looking for Spiritual Enlightenment and wants to better their lives through a closeness to God. The book "The Secret" was good in that it allowed people to be aware that there is a way of improving our lives by thinking differently. Unfortunately, it really did not teach people "how" to make their lives better or the ways to attract health, prosperity and happiness. This book is a very straight forward teaching tool but is also deep enough to give the reader an ...more
Rheba Smith
May 09, 2011 Rheba Smith rated it really liked it
This is a collection of pamphlets the Emmet Fox wrote. The first third of the book is analysis of several Psalms. The second third is the way to pray and meditate, and the last third is a description of reincarnation. I found the first two-thirds very interesting and the last third pretty far out there.
eliza
Jan 27, 2013 eliza rated it really liked it
A preciously enthusiastic Depression-era pep talk, really a collection of essays mystically interpreting Christian principles. The one on Life After Death is the only one I struggled to get through.
Ann
Jun 04, 2012 Ann marked it as to-read
Shelves: want
Currently looking for this book. Two very special friends have recommended this too me, and believe this book will enlighten me, and encourage me. So hope to find it.
Elaine
Jun 06, 2008 Elaine added it
Thoughts become tangible things... important to moniter your mind... meditation & prayer are good cleansing tools!
Jhonemoore
Oct 26, 2010 Jhonemoore rated it it was ok
I tried a couple of chapters to read. Constructive thinking is always good.
Jennifer Connolly
Jul 27, 2010 Jennifer Connolly added it
Recommends it for: spiritualists, thinkers.
and continue to read on a nearly daily basis.
Marc Spector
Not bad..... some good ideas in here.
Glenda
Mar 27, 2011 Glenda rated it it was amazing
A book everyone should read.
John Stahl
Powerful. New thought.
Alicia Mooney
Oct 27, 2007 Alicia Mooney rated it liked it
Shelves: spirituality
This is a re-read for me.
Happy
Happy marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Maina Samuel
Maina Samuel marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Reza Khanaky
Reza Khanaky marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Alexa Burks
Alexa Burks marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Bekki
Bekki rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Diana Nagy
Diana Nagy marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Don Hudson
Don Hudson marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Les Dubitsky
Les Dubitsky marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
  • God is No Laughing Matter
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
  • Come diventare un Buddha in cinque settimane
  • Writings of Florence Scovel Shinn
  • Barefoot Doctor's Guide to the Tao: A Spiritual Handbook for the Urban Warrior
  • The Healing Power of Illness: Understanding What Your Symptoms Are Telling You
  • Amazing Laws of Cosmic Mind Power: Fifteen Simple Laws to Help You Achieve Your Goals and Reach New Levels of Personal Fulfillment
  • Vatican Council II: Constitutions, Decrees, Declarations (The Basic Sixteen Documents)
  • God's Voice Within: The Ignatian Way to Discover God's Will
  • الله غير ما نتصوّره
  • It Works
  • Writing to Heal: A Guided Journal for Recovering from Trauma and Emotional Upheaval
  • The Magic Lamp: Goal Setting for People Who Hate Setting Goals
  • Serving Humanity
  • Behold the Beauty of the Lord: Praying With Icons
  • The Catholic Imagination
  • Hymn of the Universe
  • Adventures in Prayer
Emmet Fox was a New Thought spiritual leader of the early 20th century, famous for his large Divine Science church services held in New York City during the Depression.
More about Emmet Fox...

“Your Heart's Desire is the Voice of God, and that Voice must be obeyed sooner or later.” 12 likes