Start by marking “Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing” as Want to Read:
Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing

Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  73 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
You've experienced it before: it's early morning, and you're just waking. The night before you were confused-but now you know what to do. According to renowned teacher Richard Miller, you've just taken your first step in the world of Yoga Nidra. For centuries, yoga masters have evolved a systematic method for harnessing our natural wisdom that many of us only chance upon i ...more
Published February 28th 2010 by Sounds True, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Yoga Nidra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yoga Nidra

Kathie Fansler
Feb 27, 2015 Kathie Fansler rated it it was amazing
Worth every penny. Clear method, nice voice, great practice.
Lisa
Nov 15, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Well-written and a concise overview of a complex and effective form of meditation.
Lynne
Oct 20, 2011 Lynne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yoga, on-my-bookshelf
I haven't listened to the CD yet, so I may update this review. I ended up getting this book because I saw an issue of Yoga Journal that talked about dealing with anxiety, so I bought it, and Yoga Nidra was mentioned, with this book (and maybe one or two others) recommended. I haven't added this to my practice yet, but I hope to soon. I could definitely use it. It's definitely pretty interesting.
Laura Cowan
Jan 18, 2013 Laura Cowan rated it it was amazing
I've never felt so much like I was perfectly ready to read and understand a book before in my life. Read every word, because every sentence contains concepts that will evaporate your trouble with the world. This goes on the read regularly shelf, plus it gave me a fantastic idea for a novel, exploring both transcendence and invisibility cloaks. Awesome. :)
Apr 23, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: health, self-help
Yoga Nidra is a form of meditation that you do in stillness, not the poses that usually come to mind with the word yoga. Reading Eastern philosophy late at night was a bit mind bending, but I like Yoga Nidra's focus on acceptance and look forward to practicing with the CD.
Elizabeth
Jan 20, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
My yoga instructor has quoted from this book the first two weeks of yoga class. Each time, I wanted to tell her - "slow down! Let us absorb these thoughts. It is a lot to take in." I was delighted when my brother gifted me with the book this week.
Colleen
Great for calming the mind and body and being okay with whatever state I am in. I particularly like the balancing of opposites, noticing how thoughts affect the body.
Georgiana
Jun 19, 2013 Georgiana rated it it was ok
Shelves: yoga
A lot of the claims seem pretty far out there. Hoping the CD is a bit less woo-woo....
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
Angela Dawn
Angela Dawn rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Aunhi
Aunhi marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
julia becker
julia becker marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Fouad
Fouad marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Shelah Davis
Shelah Davis marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Niamh Dempsey
Niamh Dempsey marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Marko
Marko added it
Jan 28, 2016
Laura De
Laura De rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Annemarie Brown
Annemarie Brown is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2016
Heather Mcclure mann
Heather Mcclure mann rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Rachel Stroup
Rachel Stroup is currently reading it
Dec 27, 2015
Charles C Richmond
Charles C Richmond rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2015
Kristine Caroppoli
Kristine Caroppoli rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Subham Saha
Subham Saha rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Nikka
Nikka added it
Nov 05, 2015
Angharad Corona
Angharad Corona rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2015
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015