Start by marking “Moonlight and Shadow” as Want to Read:
Moonlight and Shadow

Moonlight and Shadow

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  7 reviews
England, 1483. Heloise, maid-of-honour to Richard of Gloucester's duchess, and Sir Miles Rushden, adviser to the Duke of Buckingham, are about to be ensnared, in both a deadly battle for the throne-and love.
Published September 1st 2002 by Berkley Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Moonlight and Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonlight and Shadow

Joan
Nov 29, 2010 Joan rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Joan by: Crystal
Shelves: can-t-be-unread
Based on the ridiculous cover (and the title?), I thought this would be more romance than history. The truth is that the book didn't seem to make up its mind. I love a good novel with court intrigue, but there either wasn't enough to carry the book, or it was so bogged down in mind-numbing passages of history and descriptions of clothing that I might have suffered a blackout while reading parts of it for all that I remember.

Without a good intrigue, it was up the hero and heroine to move the plot
Lizz
This story follows one Heloise Ballaster, a silver haired young woman with a touch of precognition. She gets forced into a marriage with the very wonderful Sir Miles Rushden, and they mutually decide to work on getting the marriage annulled so that they can go their separate ways... not to mention that Sir Miles is previously betrothed. But before they can manage it, Heloise is kicked from her father's home, and decides to follow Miles to get him to accept her... or at least protect her until th ...more
Amy
this was one of the worst ones i read. the plot had great potential given the time era. the main characters, however, made absolutely no sense. there was no consistency in their character, and i felt like i was reading a historical romance about two people with severe bipolar disorder. i can't believe i finished it.
Cool
DEW read and enjoyed - I was expecting so much historical information - they should teach history thru historic novels in school - I seriously don't remember alot of this stuff - really interesting and fun to read!
Sally
When I read this book it was called "the silver bride" . I really enjoyed this book. I really couldn't put this book down. A real escape from reality!
Gina
historical romance...a little too detailed (slow) in parts and quite amusing and racy in others.
Jenna
Jenna is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2015
Heather Harden
Heather Harden marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Chrissy
Chrissy marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Pingingit
Pingingit marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Isolde is a lady with an absolute passion for history, and writing historical fiction is a wonderful way to share her enthusiasm.

Her debut novel THE MAIDEN AND THE UNICORN won a Rita for 'Best First Novel' in the US and the inaugural 'Romantic Book of the Year Award' in Australia.

Isolde has a History Honours degree from the University of Exeter, UK, with a specialization in Yorkist England, a lif
More about Isolde Martyn...
Mistress to the Crown The Knight and the Rose The Maiden and the Unicorn The Golden Widows Fleur De Lis