Start by marking “The Solstice Mistletoe Effect (Mistletoe Science, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Solstice Mistletoe Effect (Mistletoe Science, #2)

The Solstice Mistletoe Effect (Mistletoe Science #2)

Lance Rivera and Magnus Carstens are settling into their new life as a family with Magnus's nephew Jakob. But Magnus's parents are not enthusiastic about his choice of life partner and try to separate Magnus and Lance while they vacation in Sweden with Jakob. The woman they think more suitable for Magnus is Sigrid, an ex-student who is his intellectual equal and has loved ...more
Published June 23rd 2010 by Dreamspinner Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Solstice Mistletoe Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Solstice Mistletoe Effect

Betryal
Dec 27, 2010 Betryal rated it really liked it
*** 4.5 *** This story was a hard cookie for me to crack. There were several times over I wanted to wrap my hands around a few character's necks and just squeeze the bloody life outta them, but knowing it's just a story you had to settle with imagining you could and had.

I can admit to enjoying this second one more than the first, but it's just as entertaining as the first and a tad more angst was input into it.

Serena, all I have to say further is well done and I'm curious to read what you come
Lily
Jul 17, 2010 Lily rated it really liked it
This sequel starts out just a few weeks after the end of The Mistletoe Phenomenon. Lance and Magnus are living together with Jakob, Magnus' small nephew. The men are in love and very happy with Lance taking the role of the stay at home Dad, which is what he's dreamed of all his life, and Magnus working as a Park Ranger. With the holidays over Jakob starts school and things become difficult for both Lance and Jakob.

The trio live in the small town of Mistletoe, Wyoming and their openly gay househo
A.J. Llewellyn
Jun 23, 2010 A.J. Llewellyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
Andrew Grey
Jun 09, 2010 Andrew Grey rated it it was amazing
I loved the first story and I'm so pleased she decided to write another. This one was better than the first. Hoping for more...
Lena Grey
Oct 20, 2010 Lena Grey rated it it was amazing

'The Solstice Mistletoe Effect' by Serena Yates is a delightful journey through Swedish culture adding color and ambiance to the story. However, using the Solstice as a backdrop portrayed much more. The Summer Solstice is a time for new beginnings and a new beginning is exactly what Magnus and Lance needed.

Their relationship is severely tested when the rest of the world tries to tear them apart. To make matters worse, Magnus can't see what's happening. As many intelligent people do, he's used
Maya
Dec 10, 2010 Maya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, serena-yates
After reading book one of the series, I just couldn't wait to read book two, and I was not disappointed in what this family has grown into. Lance and Magnus grow quite a bit in this story and it was all very believable in parts heart wrenching and mostly sweet. The contrast between the two leads makes you very invested in what they have to offer and their love for Jakob is just beautiful.

The bad guy (or in this case girl) was a total b*tch and I found myself just booing her every time she made a
Bookbee
A great follow-up to The Mistletoe Phenomenon. Magnus and Lance's new relationship is put to the test when the small family goes to Sweden for the Summer Solstice. Between Magnus' parents and a conniving would-be wife, Lance and Magnus are forced to determine what is primary in their lives.

A lovely story which leaves me looking forward to the next sequel The Mistletoe Experiment.
Erotic Horizon
Sweet follow up book and nice to catch up on the going ons of the guys. There connection is still cute and although there was never any doubt of any misunderstanding leading to a break up - it was good to have that little bite of angst added to the book....

I love the traditional inferences that was tossed in as well...
Heidi
Jun 30, 2010 Heidi rated it really liked it
Ter
Jun 05, 2010 Ter rated it it was amazing
Great book, I loved it!! I'm glad this story will continue..
J.P. Barnaby
Aug 07, 2010 J.P. Barnaby rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, m-m
This was a great second book in the series, and I found their decision at the end to be very plausible.

It's also a really fast and easy read - it only took me a couple of hours.
Elizabeth Besenfelder
Sep 15, 2010 Elizabeth Besenfelder rated it it was amazing
Very lovely and emotional story. Hopefully there will be more in the series.
Tam
Aug 08, 2010 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, christmas-story
This is a continuation of The Mistletoe Phenomenon. Things have settled down and Lance is a SAHD and Jacob is off to school. Lance if finding it difficult being looked down on for not having a job and Jacob is getting hassled a bit at school. However things improve and they decide to go to Sweden for summer vacation and visit Magnus‘ parents. Lance is nervous but Magnus tells him his parents are fine with it. Yeah, not so much. They can barely tolerate Lance and his Dad is outright hostile. They ...more
L-D
About 3.5 stars

In this book, Lance and Magnus take Jakob to Sweden during the school summer holiday in order to see Magnus' parents. Annoyingly, Magnus' parents still have not accepted that he is gay and do everything under the sun to keep our two MCs apart. I enjoyed this book and it was a little more developed than the first short (this one was more novella length). I question, though, how someone as smart as Magnus can be so dense at times. But I guess it makes sense since our loving scientis
Alex
Aug 14, 2010 Alex rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer, romance
Stars: 2/5

Overall:
The continuing story of Magnus and Lance leads us to Sweden, where Lance struggles with his life choices and the outside forces that don't want them together, while also dealing with a partner who can be a bit dense. Overall, this story improved upon the first, both in character, plot, dialogue, and writing.

What I liked
The emotional challenges faced in this story were more realistic and overarching. It felt true to the story, the characters and the plot. The reactions of the c
Donna
Dec 13, 2016 Donna rated it really liked it
I found the story entertaining and Jakob is still just as adorable as he was in the first book of this series... but the thing that didn't change that bugs the heck out of me is how "stilted" the writing is! I was hoping that things would loosen up a bit in this book... but, my hopes were in vain.

Lance and Magnus still had relationship issues to work out... let's face it, Magnus is hard-pressed to overcome how oblivious he can be when it comes to emotional issues and matters of the heart. Love
Katy Beth Mckee
Oct 22, 2012 Katy Beth Mckee rated it it was amazing
Lance and Magnus are back and still working on settling into their relationship. A visit to Magnus' family turns out to be more traumatic then expected. The poor guys are faced with more family angst and plotting this time from the Magnus side. The upside is that Lance is getting stronger and Magnus is forced to come to terms for what he's feeling and has to put a label on it. The story ends with a feeling that not everything is settled yet.
Karen
Feb 01, 2014 Karen rated it liked it
I'm still not a fan of this author's writing style--it's stiff, and she tends to run to scenes filled with high, over-the-top drama, but this story once again centers on couple Magnus and Lance, and Magnus' nephew Jakob. I like these three characters, and considering the short length of each story, I'm willing to continue to get to their HEA.
V
Oct 07, 2011 V rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas
I was ok with the issues they encountered at the school and around the Town. But, when they visited the parents out of the country and the have to deal with more stupid drama I was rolling my eyes at the end. Too much for in 1 simple story
Bkrdr
Jan 01, 2015 Bkrdr rated it liked it
Rated 3.25 stars. I really liked the Swedish traditions and atmosphere. The writing seemed more "told to" than the first book. Also, Sigrid and her big scene was rather over-done to me. She was not a realistic character to me.
Kiki
Aug 10, 2010 Kiki rated it liked it
somewhat silly, but likeable
Perpetua
Aug 27, 2010 Perpetua rated it it was amazing
I love Magnus but he was such an idot at times I was screaming at the screen!! LOL and I wanted to shake Lance! So yeah all in all a great read! I hope this story continues
Indigo
Aug 02, 2010 Indigo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, serie
Great. Twist and turns very unexpected in the building-up of Magnus, Lance and of course Jakob's life as a family.
Melanie~~
Dec 23, 2011 Melanie~~ rated it it was amazing
A gift from my Secret Santa. Yay!
Carol Ann
Carol Ann rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2017
LaShonta
LaShonta rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2010
Janean
Janean rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2010
Sylvie
Sylvie rated it really liked it
May 29, 2011
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Making His List
  • His Christmas Wish (Men of Charlestown, #2)
  • I'll Run Away For The Holidays
  • A Trouble Halved
  • The Santa Mug
  • Carol of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #1)
  • Hopes and Fears
  • Grand Jeté
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
  • You Can't Choose Your Family
  • Floggers' Holiday Sale
  • Bottled Up (Bottled Up, #3)
  • The Perfect Tree (The Forbidden Room, #1.5)
  • The Perfect Gift (Mr. Popsalos, #2)
I’m a night owl and start writing when everyone else in my time zone is asleep. I’ve loved reading all my life and spent most of my childhood with my nose buried in a book. Although I always wanted to be a writer, financial independence came first. Twenty-some years and a successful business career later I took some online writing classes and never looked back.

Living and working in eight countries
More about Serena Yates...

Mistletoe Science (4 books)
  • The Mistletoe Phenomenon (Mistletoe Science, #1)
  • The Mistletoe Experiment (Mistletoe Science, #3)
  • Mistletoe Science (Mistletoe Science, #1-3)