Dancing with Dementia: My Story of Living Positively with Dementia

Dancing with Dementia: My Story of Living Positively with Dementia

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  5 reviews
'Dancing with Dementia' is a thoughtful exploration of how dementia challenges our ideas of personal identity and of the process of self-discovery it can bring about.
Published April 1st 2005 by Jessica Kingsley Publishers (first published January 1st 2005)

Kira
There are no community reviews of this book? Srsly?

I feel like I'm the only person in the whole world who's read this book. I think I took it on about three years ago, picked it up here and there and enjoyed it at a steady pace. It's pretty moving; the story of a 46-year-old woman suffering from dementia (which is a devastatingly young age to be diagnosed). Told from her point of view, it's different and entirely necessary. Let me explain.

For about thirty-five years, my mother has been a registe...more
Jan
Nov 21, 2012 Jan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
My mum has Alzheimer's Disease, and this book has been a great help in understanding some of what she is going through, as she comes to terms with the diagnosis and as her brain physiology changes. Christine Bryden has written a very insightful and honest book. I particularly appreciated the appendices, listing the different types of dementia and their treatments. I feel that, having read about the effects of dementia from a sufferer's perspective, I can now be of more help to my mum - more pati...more
Truthful
As a dementia patient myself, Christine's writing is terrifically inspirational. She is absolutely amazing!!
Julie
Far too much of this book is taken up with the story of the author's world-wide book tour. A world-wide tour that, incidentally was paid for by the pharmaceutical company that makes one of the top (alleged) the dementia-slowing drugs on the market. Hm.
Rochelle
Fascinating insight into someone with dementia and their thoughts
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Kim Marie
Kim Marie marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Philipp
Philipp marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Eleanor
Eleanor marked it as to-read
Martine
Martine marked it as to-read
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Ellen Aiken
Ellen Aiken marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Hungerr
Hungerr marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Ariana
Ariana marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Kate Mcsweeney
Kate Mcsweeney is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Cher
Cher added it
Jan 16, 2014
Amira
Amira marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
Kandice Hehner
Kandice Hehner marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Megan Fermo
Megan Fermo marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Rebecca Gordon
Rebecca Gordon marked it as to-read
Kat Robinson
Kat Robinson marked it as to-read
Anca
Anca marked it as to-read
Zavrina
Zavrina marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Veronicamm0
Veronicamm0 marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Who will I be when I die? Who Will I Be When I Die? Dancing with Dementia: My Story of Living Positively with Dementia Who will I be when I die? Henry Moon. The Useless Magician.