Start by marking “As Good As Dead” as Want to Read:
As Good As Dead

As Good As Dead (Cherokee Pointe Trilogy #3)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  1,137 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
What She Doesn't Know. . .

The victims are all found face-down in the murky waters of the creek that runs through Cherokee Pointe, Tennessee. They are naked, except for the black satin ribbon tied around their necks. And each murdered woman shares a single characteristic. . .they are all redheads. . .

Just Might. . .

Socialite Reve Sorrell has come to Cherokee Pointe seekin
Published March 1st 2007 by Zebra (first published March 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about As Good As Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about As Good As Dead

Christa
Aug 30, 2008 Christa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksfree-com
As Good as Dead was a very good romantic suspense novel. This book has quite a few important characters and doesn't really focus primarily on the hero and heroine. Jacob Butler and Reve Sorrell are given a satisfying story, but the book also continues the relationship of Jazzy Talbot and Caleb McCord. I was glad to see more of Jazzy and Caleb, as I wasn't convinced that issues between them were resolved after the second book in the series. I felt much better about their chances for a happy ever ...more
Donna
Oct 27, 2016 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. In this sequel, Reve Sorrell goes back to Cherokee Point, Tennessee to find out if Jazzy Talbot really is her twin sister. Meanwhile, redheaded women are being murdered with a black ribbon tied around their necks. Of course, Reve and Jazzy are both redheads and you can see where this is going. Genny continues to see her visions of the murders. Sheriff Jacob Butler features strongly in this sequel. Several subplots are going on as other wealthy families are cast into the mix of finding ...more
Sherry
May 06, 2009 Sherry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again
Beverly Barton has wrapped up her Cherokee Pointe series with a great story. Not only is Reve and Jacob's story told but several loose ends are snipped off most satisfyingly.

If you are looking for a page-turning trilogy and you like a little romance thrown in with your mystery/suspense, I highly recommend the Cherokee Pointe Trilogy.
Julia
Apr 11, 2015 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains a 30 year old murder mystery, a modern day serial killer and a set of long lost twins. Throw in some romance and there you have it. The book was pretty solid, and was interesting. I haven't read the previous books in the series, and I was still able to enjoy this one.
Novee
3 bintang utk ceritanya + 1 bintang krn pelakunya sungguh tak kusangka + 1 bintang lagi untuk epilogna yg sangat memuaskan, sungguh penutup yang manis utk trilogy Cherokee Pointe ini.. :)
Mary Gilligan-Nolan
It took me a few days to read this, because it really didn't hold my interest as other books do. I hate giving up on a book and will persist to the end if it's any way passable, so for that reason, I stuck with it. I previously read Ms. Barton's first Cherokee Point book, The Fifth Victim and it was quite good. This is the third of the Cherokee Point series and it was not. I missed the one in between and I'm not sure I'll be in any hurry to read it. This was just completely unbelievable. The cha ...more
Netha
Buku ke 3 cherokee point

kisah pembunuhan berantai pun berlanjut di cherokee pointe.
kali ini kasus pembunuhan wanita2 berambut merah dengan pita hitam terjerat dileher mereka.

terus terang baca nih novel aq lompat lompat karna aq ga terlalu suka dengan Reve Sorrel seja awal kemunculan dia di buku ke 2.
menurutku Reve erlalu sombong & memandang rendah orang.
yah tau sih kalo dibuku ke 3 dia lebih terbuka & sayang pada jazzy apalagi dia akhirnya bersatu dengan jacob tp tetep aja aq ga terlalu
Mackenzie
Jun 12, 2009 Mackenzie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bought-used-new, 2009
This is the third book in the Cherokee Pointe trilogy, I ended up reading it before the second book because no matter where I've looked I can't seem to find it.

Anyways, this book was about red-headed women being found face down in bodies of water with a black satin ribbon tied around their necks. In the meantime Reve Sorrell comes to Cherokee Pointe in search of answers about her past. Jazzy Talbot and Reve Sorrell look stunningly alike. At birth they were abandoned and left for dead. Thirty yea
Aug 28, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this suspense / thriller with a dash of romance thrown in as well. Wealthy business woman Reve Sorrell has left Chattanooga to come to small town Cherokee Pointe, TN to determine once and for all if her look-a-like, Jazzy Talbot, a restaurant and bar owner, is actually her twin sister. They were both adopted as newborns, but raised in totally different worlds, with neither child known to be a twin, or related in any way. As Reve and Jazzy, who resemble each other physically, but ...more
Lainy
Sep 09, 2011 Lainy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If it hadn't been for the way the story came together at the end I would be giving this one a 2/5. The actual story is really good but some of the characters annoyed me so much it was really offputting. Reve is so stuck up and looks down her nose at everyone in the town and sees herself as better than everyone else "because well I am". Her interactions with Jacob the police officer is really frustrating to begin with aswell, more like petty teenagers than adults. Add to that 2 of the characters ...more
Emily
Jul 10, 2013 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
I probably wouldn't have read this if I hadn't found myself at my boyfriend's house without a book for my a train journey home and without a library card. I don't read much crime, but it's all my boyfriend had on his shelf. If Looks Could Kill was the first novel by Beverly Barton he'd read and it'd enticed him to read more by her, so I decided to give it a go. While I didn't like it as much as he did, it was an enjoyable read. It was by no means perfect: I found the characters gender stereotype ...more
Kim_bab
Jun 02, 2011 Kim_bab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspence
hoho suka sama buku ke #3 ini , sesuai harapan pas pertama baca sinopsisnya, pas di the last to die, sempat gak suka sama reve soalnya sombong, tapi ya di pertengahan buku AGAD, dia udah berubah. tapi porsinya reve sama jacob dikit deh yaaa, masak banyakan porsi ceritanya skandal2 orang sekampung, hadeh sumpek banget tinggal di kota ini, meski orang2nya pada cakep2 semua :)

gak ridho (rhoma???) sama pelaku pembunuhannya, masak orang itu sih pelakunya , gak pas banget, padahal aku dah nebak2, kal
Mirella Grace
Jul 19, 2010 Mirella Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Penutup serial yang juga gak kalah keren dari 2 seri sebelumnya. Ck ck ck... gak nyangka aja siapa pembunuhnya. Kupikir bakalan antara Max or Dodd.

Tapi, aku sendiri gak terlalu suka ma karakter Reve... Yah, dari Rave, Jazzy dan Genny... Well, gak terlalu suka ketiga nya. Biasa ajalah. Kalo karakter cowoknya, jelas, Dallas Sloan.

Soal Jazzy dan Reve... Aku sempet penasaran abis. Pas di buku kedua, Sally Talbot selalu keukeuh bilang "cuma ada 1 bayi waktu itu". Yaaah, itu emang pas aku taunya Jazz
Dennis Reynolds
Oct 09, 2016 Dennis Reynolds rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Beverly Barton !

This book, as well as the previous Griffin Powell series, was suspenseful and kept you guessing until the end ! The ONLY reason I gave it 4* instead of 5* was because of the way the paragraph's ended on a subject and without a break the next paragraph took on an entirely different subject. Maybe it was just the way it showed up on my Kindle, but it made reading slightly difficult with the story changing directions with no real paragraph breaks. More a "forma
ʝαиє
Nov 18, 2015 ʝαиє rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was nicely written. But to be honest, I kinda feel a bit bored on the initial chapters. Then It slowly slowly start to reveal the plot and make me unable to put the book down ever since. And here I am, complete this book at 03:22. Lol... Wouldn't want to sleep and wait till tomorrow to continue. So if you want to read this book, better prep yourself. Don't read during bedtime. Cos definitely gonna pass your bed time. ^^
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fourth book in the Griffin Powell series by Beverly Barton. Reve Sorrell has come to Cherokee Pointe, Tennessee for answers and she doesn't seem all that pleased with the answers she's getting. Sheriff Jacob Butler is on the job to help.

One of those serial killer novels. I liked it a bunch. But I will confess that this is one of those series that seem to work better if you read it from the beginning.
♥ Nell ♥
Oh, what a wonderful ending for the residents of Cherokee Pointe!!!
Loved Reve & Jacob... though I thought there romance was a bit fast, it seems the saying "Hate and Love are other sides of the same coin" comes to mind.
Loved that Jazzy & Caleb got there happy ending, though it was rough reading what Jazzy went through in order to have it.
The killer was a complete surprise... I had no clue!
Got see a lot more of Griffin Powell in this one too.
Lauren
Jan 10, 2012 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a page turner 'If Looks Could Kill' is, Beverly Barton was able to keep me on the edge of seat throughout the whole book!
The characters were well thought out and fitted well into the story, even though I have not read the first two books of the series, it didn't matter and plus I don't mind reading this book again, because I bet it will still have a surprising finish.
I strongly recommend this book for any one who likes crime and romance mixed together!!!
I really liked the storyline, however, I was disappointed with the relationship between Reve and Jacob. They hardly spent any time together throughout the book, and when they were together all they did was argue and insult each other. It wasn't until the very end when they realized that they cared for each other. There really just wasn't any development of the relationship. It was as if they hated each other throughout the entire book then suddenly they were in love.
Stephanie Tuell
when redheads reve and jazzy realize that they are twins, they have found more trouble than they asked for. with a killer going around killing redheads, and someone out to stop the girls from finding out who their real parents are, the girls are in some big trouble. with jazzy hurt, reve must turn to the one man she hates the most, jacob. but even with his help, the girls just may not survive to find out the truth.
Connie
Aug 25, 2011 Connie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3rd in Cherokee Pointe series. This was about Jazz and Reve and how they found out who their parents were. I knew who the serial killer was pretty early on just because of the way he had been with Gennie in book 1. But that didn’t take away from all the suspense of Jazz getting hurt and how Reve ended up with Jacob. I just love this author;
jeannie willmon
Aug 27, 2016 jeannie willmon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love her books

She is never disappointing from start to finish. Characters are relatable. I fall in love with them. She is a good mystery writer with a touch of romance between her main characters. I like how she does the hate love between them. I am reading books from series 1 to 24. Also read her other series
Margie
Jun 22, 2011 Margie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was another free book for me, a good read, kept your interest. It involves twins separated at birth. One reared with a very wealthy family and the other with a poor single woman. They find each other and set out to find out who were their parents, and why were they separated. In the meantime there is a subplot of murders of redheaded women and these two are also redheads.
Shelly
Sep 02, 2010 Shelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
nah crta ini bikin ku menebak2 sampe akhir pelaku yg sbenarny.. smpt mikir jgn2 dy.. tp ah masa ia,ga mgkn ah.. lalu nebak yg laen.. bnr2 ga ketebak;D yg bikin poin trn 1 krn hub mrk stlh mgambang sekian lm, lalu tiba2 whoop.. akhir buat pelakuny juga kurang greget.. tll cpt berakhir.. tp berkat epilog ny yg so touching.. nambah stgh star lagi jd 4.. ;D
Michelle Grogan
Mar 16, 2011 Michelle Grogan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I did like this story I found it a little hard to get into as I didn't know it was part of a trilogy and had not previously connected with the characters. But even with that I was able to be drawn into the story - which kept me guessing all the way to the end!! Just the way I like it!!
Dannye
Jul 10, 2012 Dannye rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read. Complex plot, but the author handles it skillfully. If you're a reader who likes a simple, straight-forward story with few subplots, you won't like this. It's also not a book that you can read in little snatches of time if you want to stay on point.
Jane
Jan 21, 2012 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I have read of Beverly Barton's and I thought it was great. I will definitely be reading more of her books. Loved the characters and just the right mix of suspense and romance.
Holly
I've read this book a number of times and it never gets old. I'm a big fan of the Cherokee Pointe Trilogy anyway. It was the first Barton series I read and I don't think any others I've read have come anywhere close to impressing me as much as this series has.
Curlyhair
Nov 04, 2011 Curlyhair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The last in a trilogy and just as good as the first two. The story was neatly wrapped up, yes with a happy ending, but you knew that was coming. I didn't see all the twists and turns, thankfully. A good read with plenty to get your teeth into.
  • Nothing To Fear (Romantic Suspense, #4; Chicago, #3)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • Deadly Dreams (Mindhunters, #5)
  • Dead Ringer
  • Dead Giveaway (Stillwater, #2)
  • Fatal Secrets (FBI Trilogy, #2)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • One Deadly Sin
  • Don't Close Your Eyes
Beverly Marie Inman was born on 23 December 1946 in Tuscumbia, Alabama, USA. Daughter of Doris Marie and Walter D. Inman Jr. A born romantic, she fell in love with The Beauty and the Beast epic at an early age, when her grandfather bought her an illustrated copy of the famous fairy tale. Even before she learned to read and write, her vivid imagination created magical words and fabulous characters ...more
More about Beverly Barton...

Cherokee Pointe Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Fifth Victim (Griffin Powell, #2)
  • The Last To Die (Griffin Powell, #3)