Start by marking “Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1

Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1 (Charmed Comic Series #9.0-5)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  667 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Charmed Season 9 picks up where the TV show left off With the source of all evil defeated, The Charmed Ones, three witches destined to be the most powerful force for good our world has ever known, have embraced a new life. One of new family, friends, and a future without the constant battle between good and evil... or so they think.
Published February 15th 2011 by Zenescope (first published December 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Charmed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charmed

Charmed by Paul RuditisCharmed by Paul RuditisThe Legacy of Merlin by Eloise FloodInherit the Witch by Laura J. BurnsThe Brewing Storm by Laura J. Burns
Charmed book series
1st out of 55 books — 7 voters
Made by J.M. DarhowerPoison Study by Maria V. SnyderShatter Me by Tahereh MafiUnravel Me by Tahereh MafiHow to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
Great Books On Scribd
61st out of 206 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Charlie
Feb 11, 2015 Charlie rated it it was amazing
Reading this was like watching an episode of the show. Absolutely fantastic.
Luke
Jan 30, 2016 Luke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: charmed, favourites

Do you remember that TV show about three sisters who discovered they were descendants of a long line of witches? You know, the three sisters who were known as the Power of Three? You know, that show called Charmed? Well, the spellbinding series continues as graphic novels.

I was so excited when I heard that Charmed was going to be continued in graphic novel format.

In the first volume of season 9, the Charmed ones' first innocent - when Prue was around - they save is dead. And she appears to look
Steve
Aug 14, 2011 Steve rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of charmed.
Recommended to Steve by: Continuation of the series
Shelves: fantasy, charmed
First I just finished watching the Complete Series. Which brought a longing for more even though they tied the story up with a nice bow. I would love to see them go on to the children taking over. I have one complaint this being a comic they took many liberties with the character drawings.
So this is not a pick it up right where they left off but at least a few years later than season 8. The demons have been quiet long enough to make the sisters miss their calling. And an old familiar trouble is
Emily
So glad to be back with these girls again! Definitely a darker side to the series...
Liz { nvl.tea }
Mar 05, 2012 Liz { nvl.tea } rated it really liked it
Full review to come!

{Notes}

*First and foremost, nothing can compare to the Charmed television series. I'm a huge fan of the series, and when I learned there was a graphic novel continuation, I was absolutely ecstatic. Ordered the first one immediately, and ripped open the package the moment it got here.

*To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed. For only being 154 pages long, it felt like way too much happened. Maybe I'm used to the pacing of the show, but the graphic novel was just breakneck sp
Jen Book Nook
Feb 08, 2016 Jen Book Nook rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Charmed was one of my favourite TV shows (and probably still is today) and the continuation of it in comic form was great! I liked the story and things happened just like they would in an episode.

What I thought could and should have been done a lot better was the artwork, especially the drawings of the characters. I should at least be able to tell which character is which!
Ashley
Mar 13, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the show, obviously
I found this a couple of weeks ago at a used bookstore and even though that I was not done with watching the series on DVD, I went ahead and bought it so that when I did finish the TV show, I could jump right into this.
Back when "Charmed" debuted, I had no interest in watching the series, but years later, a friend was collecting the series and bribed me into watching the first season. After getting mildly interested, I discovered that she only had seasons 1-3 and no intention of buying the rest.
Joanna
Oct 08, 2015 Joanna rated it really liked it
Η αλήθεια είναι ότι και μόνο που μου δίνετε η δυνατότητα να διαβάσω τι συμβαίνει στην συνέχεια μιας πολυαγαπημένη μου σειράς είναι αρκετός λόγος για να δώσω στον πρώτο μέρος της 9ης σεζον 5 αστέρια.
Ο μόνος λόγος που δεν το κάνω είναι γιατί υπάρχουν κάποια πράγματα που δεν ήταν όπως θα ήθελα.
Πρώτα απ'όλα είναι λίγο ενοχλητικό που αλλάζουν σχεδόν ανα 2 τεύχη οι ζωγραφιές των ηρώων, παρόλο που σε αρκετές περιπτώσεις είναι προς το καλύτερο. Δεύτερον η πλοκή πηγαίνει με πολύ πιο γρήγορο ρυθμό αλλά υ
Victoria Kennedy
Originally published on My Books Are Me

4.5 Stars

As a major Charmed fan, I was so excited when I found out that the series had continued on in comic book form. I've had the book sitting on my shelf for ages and finally got round to picking it up and marathoning it with the first three volumes of season nine. It's just been like switching on the TV and watching the episodes and characters I've always known and loved!

Picking up where the season 8 finale gave a glimpse at, this volume is a bind u
Cyndy Otty
Sep 11, 2011 Cyndy Otty rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Cassie Hawkings
This book is AMAZING! It is a god send that they decided to continue the Charmed series through comics. Love it!

So the story continues...

Eighteen months have passed since the Halliwell sisters' final battle with the ultimate power.

Piper the eldest sister has finally realised her dream and has opened her dream restaurant 'Halliwell's'. Still standing faithfully at her side is her husband Leo and their two sons, Wyatt and Chris and 1 year old daughter, Melinda who is coming into her powers which
Sarah Barnes
Mar 27, 2013 Sarah Barnes rated it liked it
I was so happy to find out that there was a Season 9 of Charmed which is one of my favourite TV series of all time. But I must say that I was a little disappointed with this Volume One. The stories were a little drab and not that exciting. The art although suburb in its own right didn't portray the sisters like they were in the show. I didn't expect exact likenesses but was disappointed that they looked nothing like the Paige, Piper and Phoebe I had loved growing up. I even got a little confused ...more
Melissa
Jan 31, 2016 Melissa rated it really liked it
I am a long time fan of Charmed. I watched the series as a kid when it first came out and then I recently re-watched all eight seasons on Netflix. Remember back in the day when we had to buy all these damn TV seasons. Thank god Netflix solved that expensive problem. Anyways, I was just researching some stuff online about the show and found out they continued the show for two more seasons in graphic novel form and I was ecstatic! I hurriedly ordered my copy on Amazon and anxiously awaited it's ar ...more
Kate Ozera
Aug 05, 2014 Kate Ozera rated it it was ok
Esperava mais.
Charmed é uma das minhas séries favoritas e as irmãs Halliwell são, sem dúvida, das melhores protagonistas que já vi. Tinha muita curiosidade em saber o que acontece com elas e com a próxima geração de bruxos, especialmente quando o show tinha tanto potencial para ser retomado. As notícias de reboot não me animaram muito e seria o êxtase se o projecto fosse trocado por outro, focado apenas nos novos Halliwell.
Decidi ler os Comic Books, uma vez que está um quase a sair.

Estou desi
Justin samuelson
Little slow to begin with but towards the end I really got into the story and it felt like the show... which I miss dearly! : (
Janice
Aug 04, 2014 Janice rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-books
I enjoyed the Charmed series, mostly because I love Rose McGowan. I was excited to see the series continue on in my favorite format, until I started reading it.
To be fair, the storyline was OK. Nothing innovative or beyond the normal Charmed style, but akin to the average episode. Where this book really faltered was in the art and the details.
The artist for the first three chapters was Dave Hoover, and his work was like that of a high school art student. The characters looked nothing like t
Nico Wallmann
Jul 15, 2014 Nico Wallmann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Schon seit einigen Jahren, verzaubern die Mächtigen Drei den Amerikanischen Markt, als Comic-Adaption, die die offizielle 9. Staffel ist. Ich habe mich immer gefragt, wann dann nun endlich die Übersetzung dazu auf den Deutschen Markt erscheinen wird.
Und siehe da: vor gut einem Monat, wurde bekannt gegeben, dass der Panini-Verlag die Übersetzung veröffentlichen wird.
Da war es klar, dass ich den Comic auf alle Fälle lesen werde.
Auf den ersten 26 Seiten gibt es eine kleine Zusammenfassung des Buc
Sara
Nov 15, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, comics
Alisha
Sep 05, 2015 Alisha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
First, I have to say that I loved the TV show for Charmed. I watched it religiously and I even own all the DVDs for the seasons of Charmed. While I enjoyed all of the girls, I loved Piper, because with her being the middle child I felt close and was able to relate to Piper's situations minus all the magic.

Things that I liked: I absolutely loved that they created this in the first place. After the Season finale of the Charmed TV show, I always felt like there should have been more. I wanted to se
Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie
Warning: This is a review of a graphic novel that takes place after the end of the Charmed television series, so it will definitely contain spoilers from the show!

The Charmed Season 9 comics take place shortly after the end of season 8. I'm not sure exactly how long after... at one point near the beginning it says that their lives have been demon-free for a year and a half, and I would think they'd be demon-free pretty much from the end of the show, but Wyatt and Chris are definitely a good 6 or
TheBookAddictedGirl
Mar 28, 2013 TheBookAddictedGirl rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Charmed Lovers Everywhere! :D
One and a half years have passed since the Charmed Ones defeated the Ultimate Power, and their lives have been demon free ever since. They’ve settled down, had kids and started living again – living a quiet, normal life.
Little do they know, the worse is yet to come…
Since I was too young to watch Charmed when it originally came out, I haven’t been a decade-or-whatever-long fan. But even though I only discovered the show a few years ago, I love it just as much. I mean, dude! Witches, sisters, kick
Cora
Jan 30, 2016 Cora rated it really liked it
It wasn't till the end that I liked this book but I loved the show and characters so I kept going. I was bothered by the unfaithfulness to the characters. Some of the dialogue didn't feel real and for some reason they were all flip flop wearers in the first part of the book and were in over exaggerated poses and their bodies not proportional. In the second half the art changes and their faces look more life like but their bodies look kind of butch. Beefy almost, but no flip flops! Yay! I don't k ...more
Edward Petersen
Mar 06, 2016 Edward Petersen rated it liked it
Shelves: own
A far cry from the series, which I'll admit isn't everyone's cup of tea. It was cheesier, too, which is tough to do. And they just resurrected the same bad guy, yet again, which frankly was already tired when it was resurrected the during the show. Repetition was the downfall of the series, and yet here we are again. The only positive was getting to visit old friends.
Amy-faye Doherty
Nov 21, 2015 Amy-faye Doherty rated it really liked it
When I bought the 9th season of Charmed, I'd wondered how I'd gone so long without reading it. Charmed was my favourite show growing up, and I was eager to see a continuation.
Though I don't usually read comic books, I found this one to be enjoyable, if a little hard to follow.
But all in all, I was happy with it
Gabriella
Jan 31, 2015 Gabriella rated it it was amazing
I would've given this 4 stars, but the artwork was too good so I bumped it up to a 5. I actually really enjoyed this. It fits in with the television show, as it should considering it's called season 9. I obviously recommend watching the show first and anyone who likes the show will like this.
Maisie
Mar 08, 2014 Maisie rated it really liked it
After getting into the TV series 'Charmed' I always wondered what happened to the magical sisters, and was so happy when I found that season 9 came as a book. I have never really read anything as a comic strip before, but was very suprised to find that i really enjoyed it.
Nick Bor
May 31, 2011 Nick Bor rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Charmed TV series
I have mixed feelings on this, but I'm hopeful that the series will improve. The artwork is decent enough, although sometimes it seems a bit too bright and colourful when it shouldn't be, and the sisters often look like little girls. I also have mixed feelings with the plot, I don't think it was right to plunge straight into the kind of story that wouldn't be typical of the TV series i.e. the giant golem as an antagonist. I understand that moving to the medium of comic books opens up a lot of po ...more
Tarah McCue
Dec 30, 2014 Tarah McCue rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
This was my first graphic novel experience. I was absolutely in love with this show and I own all of the seasons. I think that love is what allowed me to enjoy this, otherwise, I don't think I am a graphic novel lover. I will continue this series though and will still try out a few others.
Sylvester
Dec 16, 2014 Sylvester rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Charmed Fans
Shelves: comics, fantasy
Charmed comic continues the saga with amazing drawing and an intriguing story line. The Warren sisters are back in action after a year and a half of demon free days, someone started killing their past innocents and they must race to stop more innocents from dying.
Checko Martinez
Jan 22, 2015 Checko Martinez rated it really liked it
Esta es mi serie favorita de todos los tiempos. Puedo decir que la forma de continuarla en comic fue increible para nosotros los fans. El unico detalle que veo aqui es la calidad de los dibujos. Creo que se puede mejorar :)
  • Mirror Image (Charmed, #19)
  • Mist and Stone (Charmed, #18)
  • Phoebe Who? (Charmed, #38)
  • The Warren Witches (Charmed)
  • Date with Death (Charmed, #14)
  • Shadow of the Sphinx (Charmed, #16)
  • Luck Be a Lady (Charmed, #22)
  • House of Shards (Charmed, #37)
  • Inherit the Witch (Charmed, #23)
  • Pied Piper (Charmed, #27)
Paul Ruditis also writes under the name P.J. Ruditis.

I was born and raised in Philadelphia where I lived a typical childhood with a far more interesting fantasy life. I mean, how many other eight year olds were sticking their Star Wars action figures in Ziploc bags filled with water and putting them in the freezer to recreate the ice planet of Hoth? (Really? That many? Never mind.)

After college, I
More about Paul Ruditis...

Charmed Comic Series (7 books)
  • Charmed: Season 9, Volume 2