Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1

Charmed: Season 9, Volume 1 (Charmed #1)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  352 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Charmed Season 9 picks up where the TV show left off With the source of all evil defeated, The Charmed Ones, three witches destined to be the most powerful force for good our world has ever known, have embraced a new life. One of new family, friends, and a future without the constant battle between good and evil... or so they think.
Published February 15th 2011 by Zenescope (first published December 14th 2010)

Steve
Aug 14, 2011 Steve rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of charmed.
Recommended to Steve by: Continuation of the series
Shelves: charmed, fantasy
First I just finished watching the Complete Series. Which brought a longing for more even though they tied the story up with a nice bow. I would love to see them go on to the children taking over. I have one complaint this being a comic they took many liberties with the character drawings.
So this is not a pick it up right where they left off but at least a few years later than season 8. The demons have been quiet long enough to make the sisters miss their calling. And an old familiar trouble is...more
Cyndy Otty
Cassie Hawkings
This book is AMAZING! It is a god send that they decided to continue the Charmed series through comics. Love it!

So the story continues...

Eighteen months have passed since the Halliwell sisters' final battle with the ultimate power.

Piper the eldest sister has finally realised her dream and has opened her dream restaurant 'Halliwell's'. Still standing faithfully at her side is her husband Leo and their two sons, Wyatt and Chris and 1 year old daughter, Melinda who is coming into her powers which...more
Liz
Full review to come!

{Notes}

*First and foremost, nothing can compare to the Charmed television series. I'm a huge fan of the series, and when I learned there was a graphic novel continuation, I was absolutely ecstatic. Ordered the first one immediately, and ripped open the package the moment it got here.

*To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed. For only being 154 pages long, it felt like way too much happened. Maybe I'm used to the pacing of the show, but the graphic novel was just breakneck sp...more
Sarah Barnes
I was so happy to find out that there was a Season 9 of Charmed which is one of my favourite TV series of all time. But I must say that I was a little disappointed with this Volume One. The stories were a little drab and not that exciting. The art although suburb in its own right didn't portray the sisters like they were in the show. I didn't expect exact likenesses but was disappointed that they looked nothing like the Paige, Piper and Phoebe I had loved growing up. I even got a little confused...more
Justin samuelson
Little slow to begin with but towards the end I really got into the story and it felt like the show... which I miss dearly! : (
Sara
Alisha
First, I have to say that I loved the TV show for Charmed. I watched it religiously and I even own all the DVDs for the seasons of Charmed. While I enjoyed all of the girls, I loved Piper, because with her being the middle child I felt close and was able to relate to Piper's situations minus all the magic.

Things that I liked: I absolutely loved that they created this in the first place. After the Season finale of the Charmed TV show, I always felt like there should have been more. I wanted to se...more
Lianne (The Towering Pile) Lavoie
Warning: This is a review of a graphic novel that takes place after the end of the Charmed television series, so it will definitely contain spoilers from the show!

The Charmed Season 9 comics take place shortly after the end of season 8. I'm not sure exactly how long after... at one point near the beginning it says that their lives have been demon-free for a year and a half, and I would think they'd be demon-free pretty much from the end of the show, but Wyatt and Chris are definitely a good 6 or...more
TheBookAddictedGirl
Mar 28, 2013 TheBookAddictedGirl rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All Charmed Lovers Everywhere! :D
One and a half years have passed since the Charmed Ones defeated the Ultimate Power, and their lives have been demon free ever since. They’ve settled down, had kids and started living again – living a quiet, normal life.
Little do they know, the worse is yet to come…
Since I was too young to watch Charmed when it originally came out, I haven’t been a decade-or-whatever-long fan. But even though I only discovered the show a few years ago, I love it just as much. I mean, dude! Witches, sisters, kick...more
Maisie
After getting into the TV series 'Charmed' I always wondered what happened to the magical sisters, and was so happy when I found that season 9 came as a book. I have never really read anything as a comic strip before, but was very suprised to find that i really enjoyed it.
Nick Bor
May 31, 2011 Nick Bor rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the Charmed TV series
I have mixed feelings on this, but I'm hopeful that the series will improve. The artwork is decent enough, although sometimes it seems a bit too bright and colourful when it shouldn't be, and the sisters often look like little girls. I also have mixed feelings with the plot, I don't think it was right to plunge straight into the kind of story that wouldn't be typical of the TV series i.e. the giant golem as an antagonist. I understand that moving to the medium of comic books opens up a lot of po...more
Luke
Do you remember that TV show about three sisters who discovered they were descendants of a long line of witches? You know, the three sisters who were known as the Power of Three? You know, that show called Charmed? Well, the spellbinding series continues as graphic novels.

I was so excited when I heard that Charmed was going to be continued in graphic novel format.

In the first volume of season 9, the Charmed ones' first innocent - when Prue was around - is dead. And she appears to look the age sh...more
Joseleinne
La hija de Phoebe se llama Prue,muero de amor <3 <3 <3
Donna
As a SERIOUS Charmed fan (spent TOO much $$$ on a replica Book Of Shadows, & yes it was WORTH it), I was thrilled to learn that I could continue to follow the sisters on adventures... They deliver with impressive graphics and an interesting story line! My one criticism is that the sisters tend to look very similar in some frames and they don't use names as often as the sisters did during the show... Makes it a touch hard to follow who's where and doing what. LOVING it and going to read the n...more
Emma
I couldn't quite decide if I liked this or not. While the storyline was okay, I found it moved a bit fast and we missed some of the interaction between the sisters. I also found it hard to follow the graphics as to me, the sisters all looked very alike and when together it was hard to distinguish who was who some of the time. The same goes for the men in the book too. However, I would like to see where the story goes and if the pacing evens out a bit more I think I'll enjoy it.
Manpreet
I don't really know what I was expecting since I thought the show did a pretty good job of wrapping things up but I have to say this was a little bit of a disappointment. It was cheesy at times, sometimes i couldn't even tell which sister was which and overall it just failed to do what the show use to. I didn't hate it so I'll continue reading for now with hopes it will get better because it was definitely nice to see what the sisters were up to.
Rhys Ethan
I love Charmed, I've been a crazed fun for years, so really loved it when I found out there is an official continuation. The storyline sounds good so far, I feel however that it's gone too comic-ky. The sketches could have been better considering likeness to the actors. I thought it was a major put-off. Also hated the sketches of the children. Awful and don't make sense. But it's Charmed, thus the 4 stars.
Lyric
The comic book series picks up where the television series left us; the girls are all happily married with their new babies and living a demon-free life... until the source rises again. The Charmed Ones once again find their powers evolving to protect innocents from the rising evil. The comic is expertly executed and does the original series justice. It is good to have the Charmed Ones back!
Rachel
I think that the story line might be interesting, I would have to read the next volume to determine if I like the story line. However I didn't like the fact that they chose to use 3 different artist. It distracted me from the story line because I was so busy comparing what I like about one artist's work and what I didn't like about the other.
Melissa
I've never read any graphic novels so I don't have any comparison, but I thought this was pretty good. They kept in line with the show, and the characters. It's a bit weird to see them in drawn from, but overall I enjoyed it. I think it'll be easiest to keep ordering these by the volume rather than by individual comic.
Natalie Rochester
First Comic/Graphic Novel I've read. Impressed with some of the art, the bonus book of shadows stuff and the story-line. It was a bit confusing when the artists changed half-way through though.

Full Review: http://quirkygirllikesvintage.blogspo...
Annice22
This was really fun to read. I enjoyed it and it was like watching the TV series. This takes place after Piper, Phoebe and Paige have settled into their peaceful lives but something starting to stir in the underworld. Having the sisters going back to fighting evil.

I thought this was really good.
Jovy
I've never read any graphic novels, this is the first time and I actually enjoyed it. I am an avid fan of Charmed tv series but I've never read the books. This season 9 graphic novel will not disappoint the fans. I can't wait for my volume 2 and 3 to arrive and volume 4 to be available on stock.
Raneshia
Loved it! I felt like I was watching the show again. There are a few minor plot holes and unexplained happenings, but nothing major that makes me question the author's legitimacy. I can't wait to get the next volume and find out what happens!
Jennie Cha
Really nice artwork, pretty weird since at some times I can notice the change in artist base on the look of the girls. LOl
but an awesome plot line, pretty interesting and cool.
I want to see the second one~
Jazz
Very good graphics and detail into the characters. It is similar to the TV show, that is why I picked up this book. Anyone who has even watched one single episode of Charmed should definitely read this book.
Heav
Chose this book out of the whole series of graphic novels. It was a pretty great book and it was easy to read. I understood fully what was happening even though I started in the middle of the series.
Chamaree
I loved every minute of reading this! The only thing that bothered me was how similar the illustrator drew the sisters, it made it a bit difficult to tell Piper, Paige and Phoebe apart.
Mary
The artwork is really nice and colorful, however some of them were a bit too much.
Besides that I'm just glad to see the sisters back in action. :)
Charmed forever!
  • Mirror Image (Charmed, #19)
  • Mist and Stone (Charmed, #18)
  • The Warren Witches (Charmed)
  • A Tale of Two Pipers (Charmed, #24)
  • Date with Death (Charmed, #14)
  • Shadow of the Sphinx (Charmed, #16)
  • Light of the World (Charmed, #36)
  • Luck Be a Lady (Charmed, #22)
  • Changeling Places (Charmed, #29)
  • Pied Piper (Charmed, #27)
  • Between Worlds (Charmed, #20)
  • Demon Doppelgangers (Charmed, #32)
  • Inherit the Witch (Charmed, #23)
Paul Ruditis also writes under the name P.J. Ruditis.

I was born and raised in Philadelphia where I lived a typical childhood with a far more interesting fantasy life. I mean, how many other eight year olds were sticking their Star Wars action figures in Ziploc bags filled with water and putting them in the freezer to recreate the ice planet of Hoth? (Really? That many? Never mind.)

After college, I...more
More about Paul Ruditis...
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 3 Love, Hollywood Style The Four Dorothys Rainbow Party Charmed: Season 9, Volume 2