Start by marking “The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution: Gentle Ways to Make the No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution: Gentle Ways to Make Good-Bye Easy from Six Months to Six Years Good-Bye Easy from Six Months to Six Years” as Want to Read:

A tear-free approach to child separation blues-from the bestselling 'No Cry' author a generation of parents have come to trust
Almost every child suffers some sort of anxiety during their first six years of life. Babies cry when grandparents hold them, toddlers cling to mommy's leg, children weep when their parent leaves them at daycare, at school, or to go to work. This c
Published March 5th 2010 by McGraw-Hill

To ask other readers questions about The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution

jacky
I wasn't as sure about this book as Pantley's books about sleep. I especially thought the magic bracelett being int eh back of the book sounded a bit silly. But, I read this anyway since it was short and her writing style is so easy to follow.

I found the information useful to have in the back of my mind for if Natalie or William develop separation or stranger anxiety beyond what we can easily control. Like her sleep books, Pantley gives many different ideas to try with your child based on the s
Angela
Another great addition to the "No-Cry" series, this book helps parents recognize that separation anxiety is common and normal for children at various ages and stages, and helps them decide what gentle, respectful steps to take to help ease a child's separation anxiety. I love that the book offers a balanced set of ideas that allows each family to choose the right mix of techniques for that family and the temperament and age of the particular child. It is wonderful how Pantley respects the close ...more
Janean
Jun 30, 2010 Janean rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: family-self-help
Pretty disappointed in this book. The whole basis is about a magic bracelet that you give to your child when you leave. The problem is that until they can understand what the bracelet is about, it doesn't help your child. There were a few good tips that I am trying but if anything, this book has made me think that maybe my child is normal and I am stressing about something that could be pretty normal behavior.
Amy
Jan 04, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: n-f
This book is largely geared toward younger kids, but there are still some helpful tips & ideas for parents of preschool age. The thing I love the most about Elizabeth Pantley is that she never talks down to her readers or treats us like we're stupid. She has practical advice in regular language. It just makes sense. Plus I love that she says that unless it's a problem for you, it doesn't need to be solved! YAY!
The Twins
Probably works with smaller children really well but didn't find a lot of help for a 6 year old who has suddenly developed a severe separation anxiety. I liked the idea of a magic bracelet which unfortunately was dismissed by him for fear of being teased at school for wearing a bracelet - nothing we said could convince him otherwise. We are getting through it, little steps at the time...
Jul 14, 2016 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book just wasn't that helpful considering the fact that I've read The No Cry Sleep Solution (and loved it) and that I have three kids. I did come across a couple of good tidbits, but the vast majority of this book is either stuff I already knew or ideas that are in her sleep book. This book would probably be most helpful for a brand new mom.
Eve
Jan 06, 2011 Eve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite point from this book, which applies to many parenting issues (and life issues) was that if somthing is not a problem to YOU, it's not a problem. The book had some great ideas to try out but also was very reassuring in explaining that separation anxiety is normal and is evidence of the bond between you and your child.
Jen
Sep 16, 2011 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some good and helpful tips, but lots of repetition. Seems this could have been a much shorter book or even a booklet Some care providers were skeptical of our 'new methods', but we have held steady to our path and our sweet one seems to be adjusting better.
May
quick read for the parts re my baby. will have to read more in the future. So far, so good and has some good ideas to try.
Julia
Oct 14, 2013 Julia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
good for regular kids. Lots of ideas to help new parents. Not helpful for someone with anxiety disorder.
Carol
Dec 20, 2010 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenthood
As L gets ready for nursery, hoping this will ease both our anxiety ... ELizabeth Pantley's books usually are kind and non judgey and feel like sound and helpful suggestions.
Ambermoon
Mar 29, 2015 Ambermoon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tout un tas d'idées utiles et faciles à mettre en pratique pour faciliter la séparation entre maman et bébé/bambin sans larmes. Il y en a forcément une dans le lot qui vous conviendra.
Michelle Johnson
Another great Pantley book that we still reference. MANY of the tips we are still using.

They come in handy when Dad travels for business.
Jenna
Apr 20, 2011 Jenna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dissapointed in this book. No new ideas and seemed to be geared toward very young children despite saying it's for up to six year olds.
Diane Carothers
Diane Carothers rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2014
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Erica
Erica rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2010
Katy
Katy rated it really liked it
May 06, 2013
Juliana
Juliana rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2013
Sonya Earby-Martin
Sonya Earby-Martin rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2011
Johanna Smith
Johanna Smith rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Gabriela
Gabriela rated it it was ok
May 18, 2015
Nicky
Sep 06, 2010 Nicky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had some great ideas but the author let us down by repeating herself.
Celeste
Celeste rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2014
Nadia
Nadia rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2015
JENNIFER
JENNIFER rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2014
Mar 24, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
Some helpful ideas, but mostly not what I needed.
Arianna
Arianna rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Parenting educator Elizabeth Pantley is president of Better Beginnings, Inc., a family resource and education company. Elizabeth frequently speaks to parents at schools, hospitals, and parent groups around the world. Her presentations are received with enthusiasm, and praised as realistic, warm and helpful.

She is a regular radio show guest and frequently quoted as a parenting expert in newspapers
More about Elizabeth Pantley...