Start by marking “The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution: Gentle Ways to Make the No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution: Gentle Ways to Make Good-Bye Easy from Six Months to Six Years Good-Bye Easy from Six Months to Six Years” as Want to Read:

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A tear-free approach to child separation blues-from the bestselling 'No Cry' author a generation of parents have come to trust
Almost every child suffers some sort of anxiety during their first six years of life. Babies cry when grandparents hold them, toddlers cling to mommy's leg, children weep when their parent leaves them at daycare, at school, or to go to work. This c
Published March 5th 2010 by McGraw-Hill

To ask other readers questions about The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution

jacky
I wasn't as sure about this book as Pantley's books about sleep. I especially thought the magic bracelett being int eh back of the book sounded a bit silly. But, I read this anyway since it was short and her writing style is so easy to follow.

I found the information useful to have in the back of my mind for if Natalie or William develop separation or stranger anxiety beyond what we can easily control. Like her sleep books, Pantley gives many different ideas to try with your child based on the s
Angela
Another great addition to the "No-Cry" series, this book helps parents recognize that separation anxiety is common and normal for children at various ages and stages, and helps them decide what gentle, respectful steps to take to help ease a child's separation anxiety. I love that the book offers a balanced set of ideas that allows each family to choose the right mix of techniques for that family and the temperament and age of the particular child. It is wonderful how Pantley respects the close ...more
Michelle Johnson
Another great Pantley book that we still reference. MANY of the tips we are still using.

They come in handy when Dad travels for business.
Janean
Pretty disappointed in this book. The whole basis is about a magic bracelet that you give to your child when you leave. The problem is that until they can understand what the bracelet is about, it doesn't help your child. There were a few good tips that I am trying but if anything, this book has made me think that maybe my child is normal and I am stressing about something that could be pretty normal behavior.
Amy
This book is largely geared toward younger kids, but there are still some helpful tips & ideas for parents of preschool age. The thing I love the most about Elizabeth Pantley is that she never talks down to her readers or treats us like we're stupid. She has practical advice in regular language. It just makes sense. Plus I love that she says that unless it's a problem for you, it doesn't need to be solved! YAY!
The Twins
Probably works with smaller children really well but didn't find a lot of help for a 6 year old who has suddenly developed a severe separation anxiety. I liked the idea of a magic bracelet which unfortunately was dismissed by him for fear of being teased at school for wearing a bracelet - nothing we said could convince him otherwise. We are getting through it, little steps at the time...
Eve
My favorite point from this book, which applies to many parenting issues (and life issues) was that if somthing is not a problem to YOU, it's not a problem. The book had some great ideas to try out but also was very reassuring in explaining that separation anxiety is normal and is evidence of the bond between you and your child.
Jen
Some good and helpful tips, but lots of repetition. Seems this could have been a much shorter book or even a booklet Some care providers were skeptical of our 'new methods', but we have held steady to our path and our sweet one seems to be adjusting better.
May
quick read for the parts re my baby. will have to read more in the future. So far, so good and has some good ideas to try.
Carol
As L gets ready for nursery, hoping this will ease both our anxiety ... ELizabeth Pantley's books usually are kind and non judgey and feel like sound and helpful suggestions.
Jenna
Dissapointed in this book. No new ideas and seemed to be geared toward very young children despite saying it's for up to six year olds.
Julia
good for regular kids. Lots of ideas to help new parents. Not helpful for someone with anxiety disorder.
Nicky
This book had some great ideas but the author let us down by repeating herself.
Some helpful ideas, but mostly not what I needed.
Julia
ok for standard kids, no help for serious anxiety
Beth Mccauliffe
Beth Mccauliffe is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2015
Jo Dernedde
Jo Dernedde marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Dana Bolton
Dana Bolton marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Doaa
Doaa added it
Jul 25, 2015
Ros
Ros is currently reading it
Dec 29, 2014
Lindsey Parrish
Lindsey Parrish marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Lady
Lady marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Lia D.
Lia D. added it
Dec 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Parenting educator Elizabeth Pantley is president of Better Beginnings, Inc., a family resource and education company. Elizabeth frequently speaks to parents at schools, hospitals, and parent groups around the world. Her presentations are received with enthusiasm, and praised as realistic, warm and helpful.

She is a regular radio show guest and frequently quoted as a parenting expert in newspapers
More about Elizabeth Pantley...
The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers:  Gentle Ways to Stop Bedtime Battles and Improve Your Child's Sleep The No-Cry Discipline Solution: Gentle Ways to Encourage Good Behavior Without Whining, Tantrums & Tears The No-Cry Potty Training Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Child Say Good-Bye to Diapers The No-Cry Nap Solution: Guaranteed Gentle Ways to Solve All Your Naptime Problems