Start by marking “Touch (Necroscope Series #14)” as Want to Read:
Touch (Necroscope Series #14)

Touch (Necroscope #15)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  607 ratings  ·  19 reviews

To test of the power of God, an insane triad of malevolent aliens decides to become so evil that God himself will have to stop them. They have already destroyed their homeworld, an entire solar system, and most of their own race. Their next target: Earth!
In addition to advanced science mankind can only dream of, the Mordri Three have the unique ability to forever alter ski
Published April 1st 2007 by Doherty, Tom Associates, LLC (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch

Maggie
As a side story to the main Necroscope saga, The Touch benefits from not having much of the baggage that comes with the Harry Keogh character. Things feel fresh and a little more laid back than usual.

Lumley is always pulpy, but I appreciate his commitment to this kind of silliness. After dozens of stories about trans-dimensional vampires and Russian necromancers, he decides that, hell with it, he'll throw in some space aliens, too. Why not?

If things feel a bit too similar to Necroscope: Invader
Marc Lalonde
A reasonable follow-up to the Necroscope series. Or serieses. I guess the plural is still 'series'. Now, keep in mind that I read this at least 5 years since I last picked up a volume in this series. As a result, in some ways it was like getting back to see old acquaintances. If I had read this right on the tail of prior series entries, however, I likely would have been more frustrated by some of the novel's shortcomings. Primarily, these are the length of time that it takes to get to any substa ...more
Rick
I loved the first two Necroscope series... and the third series was a big sign of fatigue on Lumley's part... not bad, but nothing special like the first two.

This book...

Did not suck, but was far from worth it. Nothing new was presented, the story was acceptable but seemed forced, and the ending was a GIANT cop-out. Plus, having the evil villians be motivated by *horrors* atheism was as about as thrilling as watching golf. I am sorry, but religious people have committed more atrocities and evil
Tom Boshell
Good to have something new in this area. It may be me, but this just doesn't have the old feel any-more. Harry was built-up over many books. He developed as a character. As a new beginning this would be great, and with aliens it would allow for many possibilities. But now, if there is a new hero needed they would simply be the recipient of one of Harry's golden arrows and two weeks later they can defeat any threat.
Lumley does go more into the godly aspect with allusion to the trinity and to the
Andy Craddock
Quite simply the best Vampire series ever written!
H
As far as Necroscope books go, this one is disappointing. Once again, Lumley readers find themselves at Schloss Zonigen, with all of the thrills and suspense of the (previously ended) Necroscope series. However, the book read as if it was written by an imitator of the author's, with all the twists copied from previous the books.

Also disappointing are the racist and sexist sediments: The alien woman is okay for sex, she only looks half Asian! Complete Asian looks would make her a useless heap of
Michael Hall
A Necroscope novel without vampires is like a peanut butter sandwich without the jelly. I did learn a new word: evaginate. The badguys had a nasty habit of turning their victims outside in while still alive.

Parts of this one seemed a bit repetitive, making me want to skip over the previously known history of E-Branch and Harry Keough. Unlike the other three Necroscope cycles this book seemed to be more of a stand alone in the series, so would probably be good for someone who has no idea what a N
Randy
I found this one in an airport, and was very happy to see Lumley continuing his story with different enemies. No, this one isn't about vampires, but it still has some very lethal and interesting villians.

On a side note, the villains wear watches that allow them to travel from place to place. A week after I finished the book I was watching the John Carpenter classic 'They Live', only to be see the aliens wearing watches that give them the same ability. Since I love the books, I'll just say great
Dollie
I will miss Harry Keogh very much. Now on to my next Lumley book.
Angraecus Daniels
I kept trying to force myself to finish this book. Finally decided it wasn't worth the effort.
I enjoyed the first book in the series. But compared to that first book, Touch is sluggish, bloated and repetitive. Shania is a cliched female with no interesting traits. The scenes in E-Branch headquarters do little more than recap the previous 1-2 chapters.
Joseph Barnes
I love the entire series. I think the only thing I would change would be the fact that the Author repeats "phrases" and the background of the characters over and over. That really isn't necessary and distracts from the flow of the storyline.
Carl Alves
The writing was a bit tedious. The plot was pretty solid, but as a fellow writer, Brian Lumley's attention to the craft did not impress me. I wouldn't recommend it, and had a hard time making it through the whole book.
Jamie
had to read this for my book club... weird. it was kinda scarey and if ya like vampire ish stuff then go for it but it is a series so maybe start with the first one
Cazann
This book was ok.... after reading nearly everything that Brian has written ...I kinda found this average ...Vampires with a difference are much more his style..
Keith
For me not a true necroscope book,(NO VAMPIRES) very disappointed with this installment.However if your a fan of the series then you need to own this book.
Jesse Menoni
i thought this was going to be about vampires.... not so much.
wayne
first book in a long time without dragons or elves.
el  Caido
exhilirating at the beginning but not good in the end.
Michel-Éric
Annette M Perugini
Annette M Perugini marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Angel LHote
Angel LHote marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Mélanie Drolet Croteau
Mélanie Drolet Croteau marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Galyn Weber
Galyn Weber marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
  • Revenge of the Manitou (Manitou, #2)
  • Thirteen Years Later (The Danilov Quintet,  #2)
  • In the Blood (Sonja Blue, #2)
  • The Magdalena Curse
  • The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampires
  • The Book of Common Dread: A Novel of the Infernal (Vincent DeVilbiss, #1)
  • The Holmes-Dracula File (Dracula Series, #2)
  • Black Wings: New Tales of Lovecraftian Horror
  • Rulers Of Darkness
  • Red Lightning (Thunder and Lightning, #2)
  • Brother Termite
  • Slavecraft: Roadmaps for Erotic Servitude, Principles, Skills and Tools
  • The Tower
  • The Evil Dead Companion
  • The Everlasting
  • Transformers: The Ultimate Guide
  • The Light-field (Triad of Being, #3)
20602
Brian Lumley was born near Newcastle. In 22 years as a Military Policeman he served in many of the Cold War hotspots, including Berlin, as well as Cyprus in partition days. He reached the rank of Sergeant-Major before retiring to Devon to write full-time, and his work was first published in 1970. The vampire series, 'Necroscope', has been translated into ten languages and sold over a million copie ...more
More about Brian Lumley...

Necroscope (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Necroscope (Necroscope, #1)
  • Necroscope II: Vamphyri! (Necroscope, #2)
  • Necroscope III: The Source (Necroscope, #3)
  • Necroscope IV: Deadspeak (Necroscope, #4)
  • Necroscope V: Deadspawn (Necroscope, #5)
  • Vampire World I: Blood Brothers (Necroscope, #6)
  • The Last Aerie
  • Vampire World III: Bloodwars (Necroscope, #8)
  • Necroscope: The Lost Years Volume I (Necroscope, #9)
  • Necroscope: Resurgence, The Lost Years Volume II (Necroscope, #10)
Necroscope (Necroscope, #1) Necroscope II: Vamphyri! (Necroscope, #2) Necroscope III: The Source (Necroscope, #3) Necroscope IV: Deadspeak (Necroscope, #4) Necroscope V: Deadspawn (Necroscope, #5)