Start by marking “Touch (Necroscope Series #14)” as Want to Read:
Touch (Necroscope Series #14)

Touch (Necroscope #14)

To test of the power of God, an insane triad of malevolent aliens decides to become so evil that God himself will have to stop them. They have already destroyed their homeworld, an entire solar system, and most of their own race. Their next target: Earth!
In addition to advanced science mankind can only dream of, the Mordri Three have the unique ability to forever alter ski
Published April 1st 2007 by Doherty, Tom Associates, LLC (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch

Marc Lalonde
A reasonable follow-up to the Necroscope series. Or serieses. I guess the plural is still 'series'. Now, keep in mind that I read this at least 5 years since I last picked up a volume in this series. As a result, in some ways it was like getting back to see old acquaintances. If I had read this right on the tail of prior series entries, however, I likely would have been more frustrated by some of the novel's shortcomings. Primarily, these are the length of time that it takes to get to any substa ...more
Rick
Oct 13, 2007 Rick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
I loved the first two Necroscope series... and the third series was a big sign of fatigue on Lumley's part... not bad, but nothing special like the first two.

This book...

Did not suck, but was far from worth it. Nothing new was presented, the story was acceptable but seemed forced, and the ending was a GIANT cop-out. Plus, having the evil villians be motivated by *horrors* atheism was as about as thrilling as watching golf. I am sorry, but religious people have committed more atrocities and evil
Maggie
May 14, 2014 Maggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a side story to the main Necroscope saga, The Touch benefits from not having much of the baggage that comes with the Harry Keogh character. Things feel fresh and a little more laid back than usual.

Lumley is always pulpy, but I appreciate his commitment to this kind of silliness. After dozens of stories about trans-dimensional vampires and Russian necromancers, he decides that, hell with it, he'll throw in some space aliens, too. Why not?

If things feel a bit too similar to Necroscope: Invader
Tom Boshell
Good to have something new in this area. It may be me, but this just doesn't have the old feel any-more. Harry was built-up over many books. He developed as a character. As a new beginning this would be great, and with aliens it would allow for many possibilities. But now, if there is a new hero needed they would simply be the recipient of one of Harry's golden arrows and two weeks later they can defeat any threat.
Lumley does go more into the godly aspect with allusion to the trinity and to the
Guy Ferguson
I have to declare my bias here. I have thought at times that Lumley was a worthy successor to HP Lovecraft, maybe even channeling the statesman at times. And with that in mind I forced myself through this latest work of his. Loosely tied to the Necroscope series, but really more of an E-Branch story than a Necroscope story, this standard "Crazy evil aliens" story offers little new. And I could not engage with any characters really. I got the feeling that Lumley really had to prodice a book for c ...more
H
Jul 25, 2008 H rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As far as Necroscope books go, this one is disappointing. Once again, Lumley readers find themselves at Schloss Zonigen, with all of the thrills and suspense of the (previously ended) Necroscope series. However, the book read as if it was written by an imitator of the author's, with all the twists copied from previous the books.

Also disappointing are the racist and sexist sediments: The alien woman is okay for sex, she only looks half Asian! Complete Asian looks would make her a useless heap of
Randy
Jun 07, 2008 Randy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this one in an airport, and was very happy to see Lumley continuing his story with different enemies. No, this one isn't about vampires, but it still has some very lethal and interesting villians.

On a side note, the villains wear watches that allow them to travel from place to place. A week after I finished the book I was watching the John Carpenter classic 'They Live', only to be see the aliens wearing watches that give them the same ability. Since I love the books, I'll just say great
Michael Hall
A Necroscope novel without vampires is like a peanut butter sandwich without the jelly. I did learn a new word: evaginate. The badguys had a nasty habit of turning their victims outside in while still alive.

Parts of this one seemed a bit repetitive, making me want to skip over the previously known history of E-Branch and Harry Keough. Unlike the other three Necroscope cycles this book seemed to be more of a stand alone in the series, so would probably be good for someone who has no idea what a N
Angraecus Daniels
Sep 01, 2012 Angraecus Daniels rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I kept trying to force myself to finish this book. Finally decided it wasn't worth the effort.
I enjoyed the first book in the series. But compared to that first book, Touch is sluggish, bloated and repetitive. Shania is a cliched female with no interesting traits. The scenes in E-Branch headquarters do little more than recap the previous 1-2 chapters.
Carl Alves
The writing was a bit tedious. The plot was pretty solid, but as a fellow writer, Brian Lumley's attention to the craft did not impress me. I wouldn't recommend it, and had a hard time making it through the whole book.
Joseph Barnes
Jul 23, 2011 Joseph Barnes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the entire series. I think the only thing I would change would be the fact that the Author repeats "phrases" and the background of the characters over and over. That really isn't necessary and distracts from the flow of the storyline.
Jamie
Oct 26, 2008 Jamie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
had to read this for my book club... weird. it was kinda scarey and if ya like vampire ish stuff then go for it but it is a series so maybe start with the first one
Michel-Éric
Nov 25, 2008 Michel-Éric is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
a book on evagination
Cazann
Apr 21, 2013 Cazann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was ok.... after reading nearly everything that Brian has written ...I kinda found this average ...Vampires with a difference are much more his style..
Andy Craddock
Feb 06, 2014 Andy Craddock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite simply the best Vampire series ever written!
Chris
Jan 05, 2016 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First work I have ever read by Brian Lumley. Great Sci Fi! Non stop action that jumped around, yet was easy to follow. Would definitely read another by this author!
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2010
Harold Welty
Harold Welty rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2014
C.W. LaSart
C.W. LaSart rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2011
David McCard
David McCard rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2011
Tonnie Johnson
Tonnie Johnson rated it did not like it
Apr 13, 2011
Corey
Corey rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Michael Carrasco
Michael Carrasco rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Esben Kobberstad
Esben Kobberstad rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2016
Sara Mulkey
Sara Mulkey rated it did not like it
Aug 23, 2012
Marie-claude Perras
Marie-claude Perras rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2011
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Lenny
Lenny rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2011
Andrew Molloy
Andrew Molloy rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
  • Revenge of the Manitou (Manitou, #2)
  • Thirteen Years Later (The Danilov Quintet,  #2)
  • The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampires
  • The Magdalena Curse
  • Disciples of Cthulhu
  • Valentine's Exile (Vampire Earth, #5)
  • Rulers Of Darkness
  • In the Blood (Sonja Blue, #2)
  • The Holmes-Dracula File (Dracula Series, #2)
  • Dracula Unbound
  • Black Wings III: New Tales of Lovecraftian Horror (Black Wings #3)
  • Slavecraft: Roadmaps for Erotic Servitude, Principles, Skills and Tools
  • Clanbook: Toreador Revised
  • Dungeon Master's Guide (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition revised, Stock #2160)
  • Like Death
  • Complete 30 Days of Night Trilogy
  • Brother Termite
20602
Brian Lumley was born near Newcastle. In 22 years as a Military Policeman he served in many of the Cold War hotspots, including Berlin, as well as Cyprus in partition days. He reached the rank of Sergeant-Major before retiring to Devon to write full-time, and his work was first published in 1970. The vampire series, 'Necroscope', has been translated into ten languages and sold over a million copie ...more
More about Brian Lumley...

Necroscope (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Necroscope (Necroscope, #1)
  • Vamphyri! (Necroscope, #2)
  • The Source (Necroscope, #3)
  • Necroscope IV: Deadspeak (Necroscope, #4)
  • Necroscope V: Deadspawn (Necroscope, #5)
  • Vampire World I: Blood Brothers (Necroscope, #6)
  • The Last Aerie (Nekroscope, #7)
  • Vampire World III: Bloodwars (Necroscope, #8)
  • Necroscope: The Lost Years Volume I (Necroscope, #9)
  • Necroscope: Resurgence, The Lost Years Volume II (Necroscope, #10)