Start by marking “The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation” as Want to Read:
The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation

The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  150 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A guide to the twelve houses of the astrological chart. This text aims to help the reader discover how the heavens looked when they were born and to use the enclosed map to guide them to their true destiny.
Published December 15th 1998 by Thorsons Publishers (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Twelve Houses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twelve Houses

Elizabeth
Generally, this is a good description of the astrological houses from a psychological point of view. Sasportas takes the time to describe each house thoroughly and to look at relationships between the houses. He also details the effects of each planet through the houses as well as the Moon's nodes and some tentative delineations of Chiron in the houses.

The book is a bit uneven when it comes to descriptions of signs on the house cusps. While Sasportas maintains that the signs are similar in effec
Sofia
The consistent repetition in the text of the different houses, planets, and signs helped me to memorize some of the main archetypal qualities of each element. It took me a while to finish the book but I believe that this slower pace was a positive factor in absorbing the new concepts. As an author Sasportas shows a very balanced perspective providing the reader with views from different Astrological “schools of though” without promoting any specific group, while also being very honest about his ...more
Alex
Astrology books are so packed with different types of information, depending on the Astrologer and their knowledge of the information you're seeking, so it can be really difficult to follow sometimes. Howard Sasportas' copy of The Twelve Houses helped guide me to a better understanding of the effects and purpose of each house in the Astrological chart. Not only do I recommend this book to people who are interested in learning more about themselves as individuals in Horoscope, but I recommend it ...more
Johnny Martin
This is essential for anyone wishing to study astrology in greater depth because of its focus on the Houses and their symbolism. Sasportas succeeds in breaking down the complexity of House interpretation in the natal chart by clearly laying out all of the possible divisions and how they're related and ultimately work as a whole. By learning about each type of division and what each individual House represents in the grand cycle, it all comes together to form a solid base for a more comprehensive ...more
Johnnietwobrows
I love this book and I can't say enough good things about it!

I have learned more about the 12 astrological houses from "The Twelve Houses" than many, many other astrology books. I have been studying astrology for over 20 years now and just discovered this book a few years ago. I wish I had known about it long before now.
QuetzalBacon

Wow. Great stuff. Thanks, Howard, wherever you are. The newest edition has some very moving tributes. If you aren't shelling out for a new copy, you can still read most of them on Amazon's free preview.
Day-v
Good, basic primer on the houses and planet in houses. Sometimes Sasportas doesn't go as deep as I'd like, but . . . I still refer to this one from time to time.
Elijah
This guy is really easy to read, not wooey, and he can go from describing specific influences to lacing everything together.. solid!
Clarissa
One of my favorites. Comprehensive, detailed, meaningful. Top three of the best in books on astrology, IMHO.
Tiffany Gellner
One of my favorite books on the house placements. Always keep this handy for referencing.
Amanda
One of the best books dealing with astrological houses I have encountered.
Inara
Titel in German:
Astrologische Häuser und Aszendenten
Maisie
Don't remember reading this but I know I did
Stargazer
Best book on the houses.
Rachel Brown
Rachel Brown marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Rucheka
Rucheka marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Sneah Agarwal
Sneah Agarwal marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Luiz
Luiz added it
Nov 12, 2014
Sekhar
Sekhar marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Nungohsas
Nungohsas marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
  • The Astrology of Fate
  • Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope
  • Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
  • Astrology, Karma and Transformation: Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Karmic Astrology, Vol. 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
  • Astrology for the Soul
  • The Inner Sky: How to Make Wiser Choices for a More Fulfilling Life
  • Parker's Astrology: The Definitive Guide to Using Astrology in Every Aspect of Your Life (New Edition)
  • The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 1: Basic Principles
  • Astrology: A Cosmic Science
  • Cosmos and Psyche: Intimations of a New World View
  • The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
  • Linda Goodman's Love Signs: A New Approach to the Human Heart
  • The New Astrology: A Unique Synthesis Of The World's Two Great Astrological Systems: The Chinese & Western
The Gods of Change: Pain, Crisis, and the Transits of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto The Twelve Houses Direction and Destiny in the Birthchart Gods of Change - Pain, Crisis, and the Transits of Uranus, Neptune and Pluto The Twelve Houses: Understanding the Importance of the 12 Houses in Your Astrological Birthchart (Astrology Handbooks)