Start by marking “Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born” as Want to Read:

Would you like to understand the deeper spiritual meaning of physical illness, parenting handicapped children, drug addiction, alcoholism, the death of a loved one, accidents, deafness, and blindness?

Your Soul’s Plan (which was originally published under the title Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth?) explores the premise that we are all eternal s
Published May 18th 2010 by North Atlantic Books (first published March 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Your Soul's Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Soul's Plan

Robert
May 10, 2010 Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksiwrote
Your Soul’s Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born by Robert Schwartz (www.yoursoulsplan.com) explores the premise that we are all eternal souls who plan our lives, including our greatest challenges, before we’re born for purposes of spiritual growth. The book contains ten true stories of people who planned physical illness, having disabled children, deafness, blindness, drug addiction, alcoholism, losing a loved one, and severe accidents. The information ...more
Kylie
Oct 09, 2011 Kylie rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book. I know it is going to be too "out there" for many people, but for me it confirms what I have always intuitively known to be true: that we plan many aspects of our lives before we are born, including our parents and significant life events. And no matter how harsh those events might seem, they serve a purpose. This book falls in the category of life changing for me.
Jean
May 14, 2011 Jean rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: believers in reincarnation
I found this book while taking Metaphysical courses. It disucsses reincarnation, and how our soul's plan what they need to grow to perfection. We choose the situations we are born in, to balance our karma and gain the experiences we need to do so. We also do this in "Soul Groups" so if you feel like you know someone the first time you met them, they were likely a part of your life in a different incarnation. This was a very interesting read.
Sep 06, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I think this is one of those rare books that will change my life. I'd read a book on this subject before, Journey of Souls, which was trying to be more objective and scientific, so I was ready for this one. I definitely recommend this to anyone going through a difficult time.
Cobus Koekemoer
Feb 20, 2012 Cobus Koekemoer rated it really liked it
I urge everyone to read this book. Just by knowing there is a bigger picture (truth) and by expanding your perspective, your physical life in general becomes more meaningful and your attitude towards your life and everyone you encounter will change for the better. You will become aware of what is truly important and stop "sweating the small stuff." Open yourself up to the truth - you've got nothing to lose - only to gain tremendously.
Gaile
Oct 22, 2010 Gaile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this with great interest as I am deaf myself and somewhat in the dark as to why I would have planned this.
Rachel A.
Aug 20, 2012 Rachel A. rated it it was amazing
Offers a whole new way to see the world.
Linda Nelson
Dec 31, 2010 Linda Nelson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are into self-help books, then this is a book for you. Robert Schwartz, with the help of several people he interviewed, has searched for meaning and purpose to help others live courageously. His information is channeled for these individuals, in an attempt to discover the reason behind their life problems they have faced.
This book covers problems like Physical Illness, Parenting Handicapped Children, Deaf and Blindness, Drug Addiction and Alcoholism, Death of a Loved One, and Accidents. R
Sabrina Rutter
This book is a very interesting exploration of the idea that we choose our lifes challenges before we are born, that our suffering is not in vain. We are supposed to be growing stronger in spirit through each difficult thing we face in life. And yes we do have free will that can change these plans we made before we were bron.
I'm truly fascinated by this subject and have read countless books written by spiritual mediums that seem to express the same ideas as those in YOUR SOUL'S PLAN. I just wis
Carole
Jan 21, 2016 Carole rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book....if you believe in reincarnation, if you believe your energy moves on and never dies this book will be a mind blowing experience. Only one other book resonated with my heart and soul and made me feel like I had found a guide book for living as a human and it was The New Earth, this books shows us why we are who we are in this lifetime. Love Love Loved it.
Saiisha
Feb 10, 2016 Saiisha rated it it was amazing
I love recommending this book to my clients who are looking for answers to some of their situations or choices in life. It's a fascinating read with 10 detailed case studies, and it's impossible not to find parallels or answers to some of your own questions.
Anne S Nicholas
Mar 29, 2015 Anne S Nicholas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Required Reading

For anyone seeking the meaning of life, this is required reading of the most revelatory kind. Once you read it, it's basic principles seem obvious... Until you do, you may be very much in the dark.
Nicole
Jul 02, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it
Subject continues to fascinate me, love learning about the soul, both in religious and spiritual terms.
Ellyn
Oct 22, 2013 Ellyn rated it really liked it
I loved gaining the understanding or thought of relaxing since all that we go through serves to teach us and give us more to love in this life!
Kimberly Gordon
Apr 07, 2015 Kimberly Gordon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lot to absorb

Great read, but I will probably find myself reading it a few more times to absorb and remember all the ideas and concepts presented. Excellent and fascinating book.
Katja Rusanen
Aug 14, 2014 Katja Rusanen rated it it was amazing
If you want to understand your life better, read this book!
I'm so grateful that I read it as it taught me so much.
Victoria Cumberbatch
Oct 08, 2012 Victoria Cumberbatch rated it really liked it
Loved this so much I emailed the author. I never do that
Lee L.
Nov 16, 2016 Lee L. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality
With this life-changing book by author Robert Schwartz, it is possible to glimpse the courageous soul within each of us, providing a whole new way of looking at our life's tragedies and trials, a way without judgment, blame, or guilt. Made obvious is the beauty of the coordination in the universe, as each of our life plans intertwine seamlessly with the plans of others, each who is also on his or her own path.

Mr. Schwartz evokes questions such as, "What life lesson is this person here to teach m
Iona  Stewart
Jul 15, 2014 Iona Stewart rated it it was amazing
This is an important book.

By means of communication through mediums and channels, Robert Schwartz examines the subject of pre-birth planning by having these interview angels, spirit guides and the souls of selected persons exposed to severe life challenges. We are given access to pre-birth conversations and thus gain “direct” information regarding how we arrange difficult life events beforehand with all the involved persons.

Six types of challenges are dealt with, a chapter being devoted to each.
Kathy Sloan
Nov 13, 2016 Kathy Sloan rated it really liked it
I first heard of the concept of pre-birth soul planning about 4 yrs ago and it changed my perspective about everything that humans experience as "suffering." This book helped answer some questions I had about the concept. Knowing that our souls planned events as a way to "wake" up and grow will change your perspective and open you up, spiritually. All challenges serve a purpose to be either a teacher or contribute to the greater good.
Jennifer Kwok
Oct 28, 2016 Jennifer Kwok rated it liked it
While it is impossible to prove if past life stories are true, nevertheless the concept of pre-birth planning is mind-blowing and absolutely changes the way you view occasions - what if ALL of these are lessons for you to practice love?
María Greene
Meh. El tema es muy interesante, y me ha tocado leer harto de él... debido a la típica crisis existencial adolescente, que me vino hace más tiempo del que quisiera recordar, y que no alcanzó a verse reflejada en Goodreads. Creo que entonces me leí TODO lo que había para leer sobre el sentido de la vida, y los por qué y cómo y cuándo de TANTAS VISIONES Y RELIGIONES, que al final colapsé, porque mi conclusión hoy es tan amplia que solo podría definirse como "libertina", jajaja.

Eso dirían algunos.

H
Denise
Feb 08, 2013 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
Este es un libro muy interesante para aquellos que creen en la reencarnación. A través de diversos relatos de la vida de algunas personas y las “tragedias” por las que han pasado, el autor nos ilustra en qué consiste la planificación de vida que realizan las almas antes de encarnarse nuevamente. Pongo tragedia entre comillas, porque más allá de lo que nuestra limitada mente y nuestro ego puedan pensar, toda experiencia de vida, por trágica que nos parezca, tiene como finalidad que las almas ...more
Stephanie Amarante
Feb 13, 2013 Stephanie Amarante rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I was brought up as a Roman Catholic, and this is "way out there" for anybody who has been raised in that type of a religious forum. Over the years, I have changed my perspective, based upon my own life's experiences.

I have often wondered why many of us have lives with financial and physical limitations, while others seem to "have it made," since birth. I realize that life's challenges are what make you stronger. There are several examples in this book, which give you
María Creeycrea
Revelador!!
Sverre
Apr 21, 2013 Sverre rated it liked it
Shelves: metaphysics
This material is what sceptics would call delusional and fundamentalists term as demonic. I think this is an honest effort but those of us who have explored multiple dimensions of the soul's journey, as provided by various sources, would find the concepts in this book comprehensible but not easily compatible with spiritual sensibility.

From this side of the veil, from an ethical, moral and karmic perspective it does seem to go against the grain to put ourselves in the position of superior judgmen
Nancy
Feb 10, 2012 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have never discounted the possibility that there are many levels to our evolution and some of those are not on the earth plane. This made sense to me when I observed that some people go about life with great fortitude, grace and openness, even under horrible circumstances, while others see nothing but a world out to get them. It would make sense that the first had more experience and learned from that experience, and perhaps the latter has not had the necessary learning yet. God expects me to ...more
Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum
This book is for those who believe - or are interested in learning more about - pre-birth planning. Author Robert Schwartz writes that the soul plans life's challenges/opportunities/lessons prior to birth. Not only that, the soul plans these major life events in conjunction with other souls, that will each play a role in life on earth with us - brothers, sisters, parents, partners, soul mates etc.

We've all heard the phrase 'soul mates' and 'old soul'. Similarly, we've all had the experience of m
Kathy
Apr 22, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
This book was very enlightening and helped me see things from a different perspective.I had to read it slowly and sometimes reread parts to fully grasp all the info contained in it.There is much to absorb here, if you are open-minded enough to accept it. I had seen the author in an online interview and he is full of wisdom and insight. It makes sense to me that our soul is making sure we experience certain things in order to grow spiritually.The bottom line is that we are LOVE and spirit beings ...more
Gaile
Dec 11, 2010 Gaile rated it liked it
That book was deeply thought provoking but sometimes difficult to keep my attention. I often ahd to go back and re-read sections. The idea that we all plan our lives before we are born even right down to being bad people or having bad things happen to us would be far fetched to many of us. This book emphasizes finding the positive in negative experiences and even thanking people who do bad to you for giving you an experience that you could turn into the positive. This doesn't always happen!
There
  • Memories of the Afterlife: Life-Between-Lives Stories of Personal Transformation
  • Diary of a Psychic
  • My Descent Into Death: A Second Chance at Life
  • Answers about the Afterlife: A Private Investigator's 15-Year Research Unlocks the Mysteries of Life after Death
  • Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death
  • There is a River: The Story of Edgar Cayce
  • Past Lives, Future Lives
  • How To See & Read The Aura
  • Spirit Babies: How to Communicate with the Child You're Meant to Have
  • The Priest and the Medium: The Amazing True Story of Psychic Medium B. Anne Gehman and Her Husband, Former Jesuit Priest Wayne Knoll, Ph.D.
  • Induced After-Death Communication: A Miraculous Therapy for Grief and Loss
  • Akashic Records: Case Studies of Past Lives
  • Life Among the Dead
My books Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born (2007)and Your Soul's Gift: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born (2012) explore the premise that we are all eternal souls who plan our lives, including our greatest challenges, before we’re born for purposes of spiritual growth.

Your Soul's Plan contains stories of people
More about Robert Schwartz...

“Judgments are thoughts, and thoughts are living, moving energy. Because energy attracts like energy, judgment attracts judgmental people. The world is a mirror in which we glimpse ourselves. If there are judgmental people around us, it may be that life is asking us to examine our own willingness or tendency to judge.” 0 likes
“And where I’ve judged, I now see a divine order to and in everything. Where I’ve seen flaw, I now see perfection—the perfection of lives unfolding just as we planned them. Such unfolding is evident not only in our challenges, but also in the most minute, seemingly insignificant aspects of life. Each leaf that falls from a tree, each blade of grass that bends in the wind … nothing happens by chance, and all is in divine order. Always.” 0 likes