Start by marking “Maisy May” as Want to Read:
Maisy May

Maisy May (Maisy May #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
How does an emo teen with an ex-druggie mum, a nonexistent father and a penchant for fast cars fit into a traditional Aussie church? And why is the new boy, Mr Perfect Pastor's Kid, the one to make her suddenly question every belief she holds dear?

Maisy May is a novella - a short novel - for teens and adults. It is the first in a series of three about Maisy.

Contains occ
Published May 31st 2010 (first published May 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Maisy May, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maisy May

Vicki Tyley
Sep 29, 2010 Vicki Tyley rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the disclaimer at the front: “This book contains profanity, violence toward bagsnatchers, religious discussions which don't necessarily conclude with 'and of course the bible's always right, as is the church', moral judgments, teen sex, gay relationships, and - possibly worst of all - Australian spelling and slang…”

This novella was so different to anything I’ve ever read. It was right out there, raw and real. Maisy May is a straight-talking tough nut, loyal as she is outspoken.
Al
Aug 05, 2010 Al rated it it was amazing
I love Maisy May. I’m talking about the character, but obviously the same good feelings extend to the book as a whole. In many ways Maisy is a typical teenager with typical teenage problems. She’s working at making the transition from kid to adult. Like almost every high school kid there are teachers she doesn’t like, cliques she clashes with, and adults she’d rather avoid. Sometimes her Mom is great and sometimes she wishes she’d just go away.

What sets Maisy apart is her sense of humor. She see
Stormy
Aug 22, 2010 Stormy rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! What I love about the kindle is reading books by indie authors!
The title character is Maisy May (yes her mom was certifiable and probably still is says Maisy) is your normal teenager. She wants to dress one way bu her mom and church (she's Christian) say that it's satanic. Oh yeah and her boyfriend thinks he might be gay. Maisy has a great sense of humor and is incredible blunt which is pretty funny most times. Even when something that is every teenage girls worst nightmar
Linda
Oct 17, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing story and a very honest portrayal of a teenager's life. The situations are realistic and heart rending. I love that Maisy thinks things through and is trying to be true to her own heart. It is very enjoyable and entertaining to see her thought processes, Naomi Kramer is very insightful and hysterical. I can't wait for her story to continue. I have a 14 year old granddaughter I plan on sharing this book with.

This book is very well edited and formatted. Please, Naomi, hurry and
VLynch
Oct 21, 2010 VLynch rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen
This is an incredible raw and honest look into a teens life. I have a teenager and at times I wondered if Naomi Kramer interviewed my daughter for this book. It's modern and for those parents out there thinking this book is fiction, think again! I recommend this as a conversation opener between you and your teen. Years down the road, your teen may thank you and Naomi Kramer that you read this book. Can't wait for Naomi Kramers next book! Thank you Vicki, for the awesome recommendation to read th ...more
Therinia
Aug 28, 2010 Therinia rated it really liked it
Maisy May was an interesting character! Both wise and naive, she is still in transition from child to woman. Maisy is trying create her own identity, and it does not always fit the mold of what her peers or community want her to be. Does she conform, even though it doesn't feel right, or does she follow her own path, even though it is more difficult? Add a boyfriend with his own growing pains and the story gets even more interesting and complicated.
Kevin
Oct 18, 2010 Kevin rated it it was amazing
This is a book about Reality, about coping with stuff the Bible doesn't give practical answers too, this is about growing up, with faith, but whilst still being a "Normal" teen,

No demonising, no over moralistic opinions, just a cracking good story, easy to read, thought provoking, will upset some, but not many !

Read it, let your teens read it, good as a discussion for youth groups and prayer groups,

Truth is it's just a GREAT book
Beth Orsoff
May 14, 2011 Beth Orsoff rated it it was amazing
If I were the parent of a teenager, I would give them this book. But if you're the parent of a teenager considering giving this book to your child read it yourself first (it's short) so you'll be prepared for the questions that will follow. This book touches on a lot of taboo topics--religion, teenage pregnancy, and homosexuality to name a few. It also contains strong language and Australian spelling and slang, so be prepared for that too.
Stacey
I didn't like this one as much as I liked the short Dead(ish), (which was great fun!) I occasionally enjoy reading a (brief) novel written in very casual language; this one, however, was written in first person, present tense, and I find it jarring in this sort of narrative. I felt the story idea had merit, and it was nice to see a supportive parent in a story like this, but it was a difficult read for me.
Tracey Alley
Nov 02, 2010 Tracey Alley rated it it was amazing
Maisy May is a fabulous book. It effortlessly showcases the difficulties of being who we really are versus who people think we should be through the character of Maisy. Kramer's writing style is tight and flows easily and I'd highly recommend this book, especially perhaps to teenagers.
Natasha
Jan 14, 2011 Natasha rated it it was amazing
I see why Namomi favorites this book. Review soon to come.
Molly
Molly added it
May 10, 2016
Sheri
Sheri marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Rainey
Rainey marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Abbie
Abbie marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
James Benger
James Benger rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2015
Beni Botchway
Beni Botchway rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Jessi Paisley
Jessi Paisley marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Jo
Jo rated it it was ok
Dec 17, 2014
Jessi
Jessi added it
Nov 21, 2014
Michelle Young
Michelle Young rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Crissy Voyles
Crissy Voyles rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Louisa Cogan
Louisa Cogan marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Adam Zielinski
Adam Zielinski marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I always have a hard time knowing what to put in this sort of thing. Funny, isn't it? I'm great at making stuff up, but reality??? EEEEEK!

So, the start's probably a good place to begin, eh? I grew up in a little country town called Walla Walla. A tiny place - about 600 people and a Lutheran church that, ironically, could seat all of them. Walla Walla had one big thing going for it - a lack of FUN
More about Naomi Kramer...

Maisy May (2 books)