Start by marking “Witch Blood” as Want to Read:
Witch Blood

Witch Blood

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Rifkin Outcast, hunted by the assassins of Moon Isle, becomes trapped in a ruined castle where a tiny band of witches are besieged by an army that's ten times their size. His choices? Save them, betray them, or die with them.

"Shetterly is a genuinely witty writer." —West Coast Review of Books

"A funny, exciting adventure story that delighted me from beginning to end." —Orso
Published March 1st 1986 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Witch Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Blood

Patrick
As a fan of fantasy, hero fantasy, and martial arts, I found this book to be excellent.

A very readable "Westernized" eastern philosophy, an excellent narrative, and a complex main character that is revealed in stages quite well.

Some people may not like the lead character's tendency to be flippant, but if you like the Vlad Taltos books you'll definitely like this one.
Andrew
Sep 10, 2012 Andrew added it
Very interesting take on what makes a good man and how and when to really fight.Sure it is pure fantasy.But well written characterization. Through bits and pieces you see the history of this man, and the question comes, is it the soul that interprets the actions? Who is the main character, really? What in this makes him choose? and how will he choose to fight?
This is a book I keep.
Cera
My first (& only) reread since 1994. It held up remarkably well, although the narrative voice reminds me more of Brust than Shetterly's other work... which may be why I liked it so much, as I'm very fond of Brust.
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Jul 31, 2014
Reg
Reg added it
May 13, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Dennis Wit
Dennis Wit marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Mark
Mark added it
Mar 22, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
K
K added it
Sep 21, 2013
Jon
Jon added it
Mar 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Elsewhere (Borderlands, #1) Nevernever Dogland Liavek (Liavek, #1) The Players of Luck (Liavek, #2)