Miki Falls, Volume 3: Autumn

Miki Falls, Volume 3: Autumn (Miki Falls #3)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  624 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Is their secret safe?

There's just one problem.

Hiro's breaking all the rules to be with Miki, and the more time they spend together--and the more they fall for each other--the more there is at stake. With jealous Reika o

Published September 25th 2007 by HarperTeen

Maggie
May 08, 2009 Maggie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Maggie by: My BFF Sara
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sarah Bean the Green Bean Teen Queen for TeensReadToo.com

At the beginning of MIKI FALLS: AUTUMN, the third installment of the MIKI FALLS series, Miki and Hiro are together but they have to hide their relationship from Hiro's superiors. Hiro is a Deliverer, a guide of love, and being with Miki is against the rules.

Hiro has returned from a meeting of the Deliverer Elders, where he has been warned by a sympathetic Elder to be careful about Miki. Although it doesn't appear they know abo...more
Susan Bischoff
This was such an enjoyable series. I got all 4 books and read them back to back. Buying manga isn't cheap, but these were totally worth it. I love the way the books read like novels, but still have all the expressive art that makes manga such a unique reading experience. The art is beautiful, and the story is an adventure.

I think this is the perfect series to introduce someone to manga. Though it's set in Japan and has some very Japanese elements, it doesn't have some of the cultural things tha...more
Sarai
Product Description
Is their secret safe? It's autumn, and Miki Yoshida's life is finally settling into a routine. She and Hiro are spending all their time together, and Miki couldn't be happier. There's just one problem. Hiro's breaking all the rules to be with Miki, and the more time they spend together — and the more they fall for each other — the more there is at stake. With jealous Reika on the prowl, Miki knows they can't hide forever.

Terrific art and a great story. I enjoyed this as much a...more
Priya
goodish ok
Ashley Brooke
I really wanted to like this series. I had heard very good things about it. However, I found all four graphic novels to be boring and had very little motivation to even finish the series.

The animation is pretty 85% of the time. To me, it read like a storyboard, which I guess you could say is how graphic novels are supposed to come off. However, It took me away from the story, more so than when I have read manga in the past.

Not my cup of tea.
Ms. LaPorte
This is one series which is important to read in order. This is a love story with suspense. There is one problem after another.

Did I already say how gorgeous the draftsmanship is? It is worth repeating, do not overlook the images. Take time to enjoy them. There a single images which cover a 2-page spread (little text) which take my breath away...
Kari Ramirez
Having defied the rules Miki and Hiro must keep their love a secret from everyone to avoid punishment. Suddenly, they are forced to make decisions that neither is quite prepared for, but they know they must fight for their love.

The story is fantastic, the characters so real despite the supernatural elements. I can't help but root for Hiro & Miki!
Gigi
Miki and Hioro start spending more time with each other, even though Hiro is breaking the rules and could put his life on the line. The more time they spend the more they fall for one another. The story is okay but it is kind of becoming a bit cliche again. I was hoping for something a bit more different, but it's a nice romantic story.
Chris
more great art, for sure. the main characters in love are on the run. this one is less of the love drama as they have finally decided that's what they are going to do. they're is still some though and when it comes around, it's more annoying than anything. still, this third is better than the second. I will finish the series.
Mursal
Jocelyne
August 2013: 3 Stars
Well, the series seems to be getting a little better. I'm so glad that Yumi wasn't in this one- I don't like her character -.- at all.
But anyway, Miki's character seems to be getting better, and Hiro's okay. Reika's improving too.
Sandy D.
In this volume of Crilley's graphic novel series, Miki and Hiro are on the run. More adventure-ish than previous volumes, with a good suspenseful ending. Good teen reading and I really appreciated Crilley's portrayal of rural Japan in this one.
Jamie
May 06, 2011 Jamie marked it as to-read
I love the passion thats going on in the past two volumes that i just finished reading. Im dying to know what happens next with Miki and Hiro. Whats going to happen when the other Deliverer finds out about Miki and Hiro being together??
Caroline
Miki and Hiro must keep their budding relationship a secret from everyone, because if they're found out, major consequences will happen. Deliverers aren't supposed to fall in love. Will they get caught?
Michelle Zafora
the writing is great and the art is amazing. i think i was hooked from the first page of the first book but this one made me really really like it seriously!

Kricket
Things really get exciting in this volume. Suddenly, Miki and Hiro are all grown up and taking huge risks. I really got invested in their relationship, finally.
Carrie
They're good, but *very* young. I'm mostly reading them all so I can recommend them without being worried that there's random nudity in the last volume.
Christina
For a young-adult/manga book I find it quite fascinating! Onward to the final book of the series! :)
It was not as good as all the other books. It was just information I guess....Winter is much better.
Tara
It might have been my favorite of the whole stupid series...... sorry series, you weren't THAT stupid >.<
Deirdre
An extra star than I've given the rest of the series because this one mentions Morioka (岩手県の盛岡市!).
Max Ostrovsky
Slightly more tolerable, but I'm still waiting for an Edward vs. Jacob plot line.
Franxilicious
Great characters! Anxious to see what happens in the final installment.
Abigail Garcia
Awsome but i am kinda upset thats their only 4 book but still love it <3 ;D
J3nNiF3r BaBii3
this iz the 2nd to last series of the book i like it alot lol!!!!!=)
Lauren
Ehhh. Okay I guess. I read it quickly in the car.
Sierra
OMGosh! Awesome book! Mark Crilley is awesome!
Alexa
Loved it!!! :D
  • Emma, Vol. 06
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 26 (Hunter x Hunter, #26)
  • Sorcerers & Secretaries: Volume 2
  • From Far Away, Vol. 10
  • Dramacon, Volume 2 (v. 2)
  • Bizenghast Volume 5
  • R.O.D. Read or Die 3 (R.O.D. Read or Die, #3)
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 02 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, #2)
Mark Crilley is an American comic book creator and children's book author/illustrator. He is the creator of Miki Falls, Akiko, and Brody's Ghost. He is also noted for his instructional videos for drawing in the manga-style. Crilley distributes drawing advice to artists via YouTube videos and his DeviantArt account. In August 2010, he starred in some how to draw videos for Funimation on demand. Mar...more
More about Mark Crilley...
Miki Falls, Volume 1: Spring Miki Falls, Volume 2: Summer Miki Falls, Volume 4: Winter Brody's Ghost, Volume 1 Mastering Manga with Mark Crilley: 30 Drawing Lessons from the Creator of Akiko

“There is no such thing as a perfect drawing, especially if you're ametur.” 13 likes