Miki Falls, Volume 2: Summer

Miki Falls, Volume 2: Summer (Miki Falls #2)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  724 ratings  ·  51 reviews

Has Miki fallen too hard?

"Don't get involved."

But Miki fears his work might do more harm than good, and she takes controlâ�

Published June 26th 2007 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Miki Falls, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miki Falls, Volume 2

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Carrie Spellman for TeensReadToo.com

FYI: If you didn't read the first story in the series yet (MIKI FALLS: SPRING), and you don't want the story of MIKI FALLS: SUMMER ruined, then STOP!

Hiro has not only let Miki become his friend and let her into his world a little, he's even letting her see his work. Sometimes he even takes her with him. But Miki wants more. Whenever she tries to push, even just a little, Hiro shies away. Miki can't tell if it's just her, or if it's Hiro. He claims...more
Sarai
Product Description
Has Miki fallen too hard? It's summer, and Miki Yoshida is learning all about love. Her senior year has blossomed with promise ever since she gained Hiro Sakurai's confidence. Now, she's resolved to keep his trust as he reveals more about his secret mission and warns: "Don't get involved." But Miki fears his work might do more harm than good, and she takes control — with disastrous results. How can trying to make things right turn out so dangerously wrong?

Ah, Miki. Even though...more
Jocelyne
August 2013: 3 Stars
Phew, this volume *was* a little better, although Miki's nosiness is irritating beyond belief and Reika's character is beyond stereotypical. I mean, she even has a name you want to spit out with sound and fury when you see her (I'm not saying it's not a nice name- it's very pretty!- but it does make a good name for a bitchy villain, too).
The artwork still irritates me, and, like in the first volume, the story is told and explained far too much in text when really, the advanta...more
Ali Alawi
You know that a novel slash manga is a good one when while reading it, it bestows upon you another novel slash manga; when it beckons your muse to come by and hit you wither her gracious fan one last time.
So thank you Miki Falls 2: Summer for that, and I wish that none of my friends would ever read you so they wont have the pleasure of pointing their fingers at me and accusing me of being highly romantic!
Kari Ramirez
Miki begins to learn more of what it really means for Hiro to be a Deliverer and despite his insistence that Deliverers cannot fall in love with humans her feelings for him grow deeper and deeper. When Reika returns to threaten everything for Miki she realizes that she has a painful choice to make.

Still....LOVE IT!
Angela Parks
I am anxious to read the last two books in this series, but have to wait till I get back to work to get my copies that are on hold for me! Great series for readers who are not totally into graphic novels or manga. Black and white pictures, but the details are great.
Erin
In the second volume of Miki Falls, Miki and Hiro's relationship starts to blossom. Miki starts to accompany Hiro on his jobs and has difficulty when her best friend is involved. I enjoyed this as much as the first. The end gave me goosebumps!
Chris
it only gets 3 stars because the art and paneling was so good. the story was pretty lame to me, high school love story. no mystery to solve like book one. didn't really care about this one at all, as it was rather soppy.
The ending is really adorable. I really liked this seris because they are romantic and not sick like some comics you read these days.
Sierra
Not my favorite of the series, but still, Miki and Hiro are so cute together!!! ♥
Max Ostrovsky
Slightly better than the first. I can see where this is going - still Twilight-ish.
Sky
i finished during treading time it took me a half hour!!!
CoolWeirdo48
Way better than the first one!
Shweta
The thing i love about mangas is that they are easy to read regardless and they always have different styles of drawing his characters sometimes to come out 2d sometimes but not all the time i think it's the way he draws his faces but the story is moving on and they got caught by reika so yeah defenitely reading the next one
Princess
This is getting wayyyy better than I expected, in a short amount of time (and space) too! I give 'Summer' a 4.5 out of 5 stars (too bad that isn't an option, lol).
Shumokh
Just finished it now. And I can't wait to get the other two books of the series.. ._.
EmilyNesheva
So, so cute. I love how Miki and Hiro's relationship is developing :)
Priya
It was okish
Jesika
its nice
Gigi
As Miki forms a bond with Hiro she finds out he is a deliver- a person who tries to preserve love. She isn't bothered by that until she find out that Hiro and her can't be together.They both love each other so they decide to keep it a secret. But can they really keep it a secret for long? To be honest about the second book, I really didn't see this coming at all. I thought it would be different bu this kind of surprised me, which kind of made me like the story and plot a bit more interesting.
Ashley Brooke
I really wanted to like this series. I had heard very good things about it. However, I found all four graphic novels to be boring and had very little motivation to even finish the series.

The animation is pretty 85% of the time. To me, it read like a storyboard, which I guess you could say is how graphic novels are supposed to come off. However, It took me away from the story, more so than when I have read manga in the past.

Not my cup of tea.
Susan Bischoff
I'm really glad I bought this series and so glad I got them all at once because the first one was no enough. I went straight from Spring into Summer and all the way through. I love the way these are written, the way it feels so much reading a novel. I love the art, the characters, the story. Just love love love.
Alexa
It's a fairly popular concept: supernatural/immortal boy falls for a normal girl and their love is forbidden. But Mark Crilley brings it to life in an all new way in Miki Falls! I thoroughly enjoyed this book (LOVED THE ENDING SCENES) and am excited to read the next one.
Originally read in June 18th of 2013
Maggie
Well, the story of Miki continues! It was interesting to see Hiro while he was doing his job, and seeing how love can crumble (sad). Again, I love the story line, with the plot and characters, I just don't like the illustrations as much. I can't wait till I get the last two books from the library!
Kricket
Miki and Hiro become closer and closer as Miki accompanies Hiro on his jobs. Miki gets a little too close, however, by sneaking a look at Hiro's notes and becoming involved when she shouldn't. Then, a colleague of Hiro's shows up in tight pants and a crop top. Can Miki and Hiro still be friends?
Amielle
Aug 14, 2007 Amielle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ages 10-18
A great second book it had more bumps and such to go along with what's going on with Miki and her life and the newfound like-ing-ness that she has going on. As well as the interesting things that she's learning.
The book's a simple read, and yet a very good one. Lovely.
Amnaa511
This book is so good it's not the same as the other stories I read, i'm looking excited to read the next volume..
The actions attract you to know what's going to happen next and the for myself I felt as if I was watching a movie.
Kathy
I'm finding the side story about the job of the Deliverers more fascinating than the main story, which only seems to get in the way. Still, there are some cute moments & I would like to know how it all wraps up (this is book 2 of 4).
Janice
May 01, 2010 Janice added it
Miki Falls is a great graphic novel series. It's a good one to start with because you read it in the traditional western style, while becoming accustomed to paying closer attention to illustrations, not just text.
  • Emma, Vol. 06
  • From Far Away, Vol. 13
  • Sorcerers & Secretaries: Volume 2
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 22 (Hunter x Hunter, #22)
  • Bizenghast Volume 5
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 02: Inner Heart
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Vol. 02 (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, #2)
  • Dramacon, Volume 2 (v. 2)
Mark Crilley is an American comic book creator and children's book author/illustrator. He is the creator of Miki Falls, Akiko, and Brody's Ghost. He is also noted for his instructional videos for drawing in the manga-style. Crilley distributes drawing advice to artists via YouTube videos and his DeviantArt account. In August 2010, he starred in some how to draw videos for Funimation on demand. Mar...more
More about Mark Crilley...
Miki Falls, Volume 1: Spring Miki Falls, Volume 3: Autumn Miki Falls, Volume 4: Winter Brody's Ghost, Volume 1 Mastering Manga with Mark Crilley: 30 Drawing Lessons from the Creator of Akiko