Start by marking “New York's 50 Best Places to Go Birding in and Around the Big Apple” as Want to Read:
New York's 50 Best Places to Go Birding in and Around the Big Apple

New York's 50 Best Places to Go Birding in and Around the Big Apple

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
"Places to go Birding" tells birders where to see thousands of hawks in an afternoon, hear a Cerulean Warbler singing of a morning, find thousands of ducks and shorebirds, and join a birding walk in Central Park.
Published January 1st 1999 by City and Company (first published October 1998)

Be the first to ask a question about New York's 50 Best Places to Go Birding in and Around the Big Apple

Alexis
Jul 05, 2015 Alexis rated it liked it
A cute little book. In addition to valuable information about its subject, it's an amusing read for the author's dry humor and an interesting bit of New York history as he counsels you on which areas he considers safe (Brooklyn Botanic Gardens very safe, not so Inwood Hill).

Note that places in the five borroughs only make up half the book. Unfortunately it doesn't list public transportation options for any of the rest, even though I know, for example, you can take public transit straight to Bear
Scott Cox
Jan 18, 2016 Scott Cox rated it really liked it
This is a surprisingly helpful book for its small size. I have used this guide to bird Central Park, and have also done some birding at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden and the Bronx Zoo. My next goal is bird Jamaica Bay, and this guide should be quite useful in meeting that objective.
Brian
Jun 22, 2012 Brian rated it really liked it
great read. i just started birding, but this book seems to put the passion in perspective. Making the New York I knew seem foreign, I now need to visit all these places on my next trip back.
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Ava Mackenzie
Ava Mackenzie marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2016