Start by marking “The Irish Warrior” as Want to Read:
The Irish Warrior

Read Book* *Different edition

The Irish Warrior

As his men are slaughtered around him, legendary Irish warrior Finian O'Melaghlin is held captive by the despised English Lord Rardove. Struggling to break free, Finian finds aid from an unlikely source: the beautiful Senna de Valery, who is also trying to escape Rardove's bloodthirsty grasp. Risking both their lives, Senna releases Finian from his shackles so they can bot ...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Zebra

Zoe
Jan 02, 2016 Zoe rated it really liked it
I read this book in one sitting, 6 hours back to back.

It's a gripping tale. My second book by Kris Kennedy and I loved how she tells a story. Her characters (especially the male characters) have such charms. They do not exactly say things that melt your heart. It's their actions that do the magic. I love her characters so far. But they could use more depth and consistency.

Plot development is another thing that needs work. All my observations on her debut novel The Conqueror apply to this one t
Kyraryker/WhiskeyintheJar
These were the first three things I typed about this book: Oh my god I love this book (had read 6 paragraphs), Finian is awesome, and the fight in Senna is glorious. These were pretty much my feelings throughout this whole story.
Right away the chemistry and word play between Finian and Senna scorches the pages and pulls the reader in. Because of the by play between these two characters I will now read any book Kris Kennedy writes.
This being a romance book there is of course the requisite "We can
Emery Lee
This was quite differrent from my "normal" choices in historical romance. The setting is Medieval Ireland, and the plot has elements of fantasy centered around a supposed legend of the Wishme mollusks that can be made into a dye with both camoflauging and explosive qualities.

The heroine of the story is Senna de Valery, a wool merchant and daughter of a "dye-witch", and believed to be the only living person who knows the secrets of the Wishme mollusks. In the story, several factions are battling
Sophia
Mar 15, 2012 Sophia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is close to St. Patrick's Day so I wanted to indulge my inner Irish and my love for reading so I randomly chose this one based on the blurb. It sounded exciting talking about a romantic adventure in medieval Ireland.

And did it live up to expectation? Oh yes! And then some. It is definitely a historical romance, but there was also a slight fantasy twist and a large dose of intrigue. As I advanced through the book, mysteries were answered as more were revealed. People were not always what they
Mary B.
The characters in this book were quite exaggerated and annoying, and I felt there was very little chemistry between the hero and heroine. The heroine at first seemed like one of those tough, brash, 'doesn't take crap from anybody' types, but she came off as more sarcastic and silly. The hero was pretty typical, but he had virtually no personality. And I know this is personal preference of writing style - but I really hate when a character's dialogue is written with a thick accent, and this hero' ...more
Stevie
Another excellent story. Great story telling. Kennedy is a very talented author who is capable of verbally illustrating almost tangible settings and characters. Finian was a bit of heaven on earth, really liked his style. Good character chemistry with enough build up pace to keep it interesting but not so fast it was typical love at first sight ploy. Senna was crafted wonderfully, with depth and heart. The entire story was a swift current of action and adventure, and some fairly steamy love scen ...more
Janga
May 15, 2010 Janga rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I became a Kris Kennedy fan when I read her debut book, The Conqueror. Her second book, The Irish Warrior, offers the same multi-dimensional characters, genuine sense of period history, and lucid prose that made me, a doubting Thomasina when it comes to Medieval romances, add The Conquerorto my keepers. It will be joined by The Irish Warrior.

Kennedy makes Medieval Ireland more than a mere backdrop in this compelling story. It is a vital presence in the book, skillfully integrated into plot and c
Karen
Jan 02, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Senna de Valery is an English woman who has journeyed to Ireland to make a business deal with Lord Rardove. She’s there to sell her prized sheep for their high quality wool, but Lord Rardove has other plans for Senna. He wants her for the recipe to make the legendary dye. To keep her at his side and do as she is told, Rardove plans on marrying her against her will.

Finian O’Melaghlin is an important emissary to the king of Ireland. He is being held in Rardove’s dungeon. Senna comes up with a pla
April
Aug 14, 2010 April rated it really liked it
Free Kindle download. I was pleasantly surprised by this book -- I liked the characters and the writing. I fear it may veer more towards the mythical or fantastical rather than the historical with all the references to the cloth dying, but it's a premise I haven't seen yet and actually liked.

I liked that the characters are both strong-willed and independent, and I liked how they met and came together. Those first scenes were like watching a movie for me. The lovemaking in the face of danger was
Brenda
Aug 29, 2011 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my. Kris Kennedy has a beautiful style of writing. She literally took my breath away in some of the scenes. Anyone who loves Highlanders, historical romance, or epic fantasy should read The Irish Warrior. It was an amazing story with intrigue, love, steamy romance, a bit of mystery and magic plus witty banter.
Mel Gulla
Dec 18, 2011 Mel Gulla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
By far my favorite book and I've read thousands. Kris Kennedy has rekindled a love for reading historical romance novels in me. The research and attention to detail she provides is impeccable. The characters are unique as is the story line. Highly recommend it.
Holly
Last year Kris Kennedy blew me away with her debut medieval, The Conqueror. I'm happy to report she's penned another winner with The Irish Warrior.

I adored the Irish setting and rich characterizations. Another stellar release.
Jill Dunlop
Jun 10, 2010 Jill Dunlop rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Senna de Valery, an English woman who has journeyed to Ireland to make a business deal with Lord Rardove, finds herself in a terrible situation. She believed that she would be selling her prized sheep for their high quality wool, but instead she finds that the man intends to marry her and have her make the recipe for a legendary dye. Meanwhile deep in the dungeons of Rardove's castle he has imprisoned Finian O'Melaghlin an important emissary to the king of Ireland and a great warrior. Senna help ...more
Victoria Vane

Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave
I liked this a lot. It's an entertaining read. But then I am not really looking for a history lesson when I pick up a historical romance. I do have a pet peeve about it though and that was that the heroine's hair kept changing color. One time she's described as having yellow-red hair, another time it was dark read hair, another time it was brown hair. Inconsistancies like that annoy me. But overall it was a good fun read.
Mary
Jun 02, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Some people complained it was over the top, the hero was a bit too alpha growly, the heroine a bit too beautiful, but these things didn't bother me at all. Very steamy book and I felt like the hero and heroine had perfect chemistry. Overall, loved it.

One real complaint I have about Kennedy's books is that they are very historical, so much so, I doubt I doubt a HEA....but this book is definitly worth the read.
Kelly Gay
Jan 19, 2010 Kelly Gay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Kris Kennedy's first novel, and this second is no exception. Senna is a great heroine. Driven. Independent. Smart. And her profession is so unique. I found her to be a very fresh and intriguing character, one that I was rooting for and cared about. Pair her with Finian and you've got major fireworks. He is the perfect foil for Senna and I found their sparring to be highly entertaining. A very satisfying read!
Diana
Sep 11, 2010 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a Grand Adventure with spies and kings, a dangerous landscape, a mad villain, and political intrigue. The leads are wonderful bigger-than-life characters -- a potential king and a witch in possession of a world-altering secret.

The prose is lovely, the romance heart-clutching. Grabbed me in exactly the right spot. I loved it!
Robin Covington
Sep 09, 2010 Robin Covington rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-reads
I am not a frequent reader of historical romance. I do love romance - I love to read hot, sensual romance with characters who captivate me and compel me to turn the page because I just can't stand to not know what happens next.

This is one of those books.

Finian is sexy, alpha, and funny. Senna is brave, beautiful, and smart.

Read this book.
Mary Mccall
Jun 04, 2010 Mary Mccall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book the day it came out and stayed up for two night. It was so good that when I reached the end, I turned back to page one and started it again. This is a top-notch read and a definite bust the charts novel. Kris Kennedy should move up the lists and she proven her ability to take risks and not write the same old medieval romance story.
Nicole Laverdure
I really love Ms. Kennedy's second novel. I love of her style of writing! Lots of action and intrigue between strong and sexy Finian and smart and beautiful Senna. Ms. Kennedy really knows of to write steamy love scenes. Lots of historical details. If you love medieval romance stories, then I suggest "The Irish Warrior"
Mollie *scoutrmom*
This was another free ebook from Amazon.com for the Kindle for PC application.

This story is an improbable jaunt through medieval Ireland. I liked the characters and the setting, but the author has a lot to learn about crafting a believable plot. Perhaps readers who are not very familiar with history might enjoy it more than I did.
RIF
Jan 24, 2013 RIF rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4-4.5 I love a story where the heroine learns more about her strengths and her own goals and where her pov of the world she lives in evolves as the tale unwinds. Add a dose of humor, an hint of mystic charm and a lot of heat and it becomes a keeper for me.
Leigh
Jul 25, 2010 Leigh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book was a good romance novel and close to being historically accurate. It was a quick read (good summer book) but I was slightly disappointed ant the ended that I didn't think lived up to the theme of a strong hero and heroine that ran throughout the rest of the book.
Laalmom
Jun 10, 2013 Laalmom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS
Kat Valencia-Benitez
Somewhat different but still very enjoyable.
Therese
Aug 17, 2013 Therese rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book, a true romance. Terrifically written, will read more than once.
Jenny
read ;ebook /goodreads .Jenny.truly interesting.
Nicci
In a word. Steamy.
Aly is so frigging bored
05 MAY:
  • The Irish Devil (Devil, #1)
  • The Sacrifice (Forbidden, #1)
  • Lakota Flower (Lakota Skies, #3)
  • To Tempt a Saint (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • In The Warrior's Bed (McJames, #2)
  • Taming Her Irish Warrior
  • The Marquis (Gypsy Legacy, #1)
  • Nate (Devils on Horseback,  #1)
  • The Wild Sight
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
  • Undercover Lover (Take Me, Lover, #2)
  • Soul Catcher (The Outsider #1)
  • Icy Heat (Heat Series)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Mistress by Mistake (Courtesan Court, #1)
  • Saxon Bride (Bride #4)
Kris writes super sexy, big adventure historical romances set in the ages when big bad knights in armor and questionable chivalry reigned supreme.

Latest collection: RENEGADE LORDS. The heroes are hard, the heroines strong, and the passion burns.

Best way to get all book news, latest sales, & release information: sign up for the newsletter! Sign up at the website, or copy & paste this addre
More about Kris Kennedy...