Start by marking “Girls from Da Hood” as Want to Read:
Girls from Da Hood

Girls from Da Hood (Girls from Da Hood #1)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  883 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
- Hustler's Wife debuted at #2 on the Essence bestseller list for the month of May 2003, and jumped to #1 the following month, where it remained through October 2003. There are over 50,000 copies in print. Nikki has a writing style similar to Sister Souljah and Teri Woods.
Published October 1st 2004 by Urban Books

To ask other readers questions about Girls from Da Hood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girls from Da Hood

Spencer
I am speechless about these hos tryin to hustle up baby mama sizzurp coochie super fly pimpin on the streets
Redd Monroe
This book in my opinion was pretty good . I gave it 3 stars because it was kind of remedial to me ..
Unique was a little hoodrat who went around fuckingg multiple men to make ends meet after her dude got locked up .
Nina: She was accompanied by her drug dealing high school love who ended up getting locked up after killing a cop . So he convinces her to sell drugs and she thinks she has the right people around her but she ends up learning differently , she decided to fuck with other men emotions &a
Ezraela-Bat
Jun 22, 2010 Ezraela-Bat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last short story was the best, the others were mediocre for me but nonetheless interesting.
Ms.Toni
Girls From Da Hood

I give this book 3 1/2 stars. It's a step up from okay (3 stars) but not quite I like it material (4 stars). Don't know what I was expecting, but maybe something a little more based on their previous work.

Nikki Turner - Unique is the stereotypical drug dealer's girlfriend. All she does is shop and spend his money. When her boyfriend Took has to do a bid, Unique is up the creek without a paddle. Does she get a job and try to better herself? No, of course not! It's on to the next
rochelle pettrie
Loved it, Unique was a hot ass mess who went way too far with her shit for the sake of the dollar and I'm home she thought she got Brittany, she needed up getting got, Nina has to make some decisions and she will probably have to suffer consequences for them too, Anyeh may have bit off more than she can chew, while her intentions was to bring Diablo down but never intended to fall for him at the same time, All three authors did a good job
Mickael234
its a very interesting book talking about young girls going threw the obstacles in everyday life
Lesa Divine)
Sep 22, 2008 Lesa Divine) rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-it, i-own
Stephanie
Jan 07, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good...
Iysha Owens
Jun 10, 2009 Iysha Owens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is sooooo good it made me relaize that this stuff gos around in the world like this. This book is about these three girls who had a diffuclt life some was on the steert being a *** it was just horrible but this was so good you should read this.
Brandi
Oct 10, 2007 Brandi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this book about a week ago. This is a book containing 4 stories of woman on their hustles. I thought this was very entertaining. One in perticular I found a bit disturbing but entertaining none the less.
AuBryn Thompson
Sep 29, 2011 AuBryn Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was very interesting. It gave explict details about two girls that lived in the hood. I would recommend this book to everyone who is interested in books that give stories that happen in "the hood".
Tahasti Hopper
the first story was good but i just started the 2nd one, i love books like this that are made up of short stories, you cant get bored with the characters.
Alexis
This was A great Book Telling Me Never To trust no one but yourself and god. Ceaisa had to go through backstabbing friends and lover
JazzyRacquel
May 03, 2010 JazzyRacquel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Book Is Extremely a Great Read! Loved Every Story, Except The 2nd One, I Would Hand 2.5 Stars to That One ...more
Malika
Oct 29, 2010 Malika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love this book its had alot to do wit women who have men n think dat they need them den find owt da dnt
Sheena  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
I loved the first story, but the second and third were just ok for me. Overall still a decent read!
C3.C3
Jan 28, 2009 C3.C3 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow waht i have to say to this book is that this book made me laugh.. and i learned alot...
Justine
it was a good book...this is how females really think...itz krazy how life goes!!!
Alicia
Apr 15, 2010 Alicia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
not my type of book. but I wanted to see whts up. its just a couple of short stories.
Lanice
Apr 06, 2011 Lanice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was so good couldn't finish it quick enough to gt to 2 very good read!!!
Evin Ellington
First story was cool, next one, started to loose me. After that, I stopped reading it.
Eva Leger
Loved it but then I love anything that Nikki Turner is involved with.
Malika
Oct 04, 2010 Malika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
i learned da life is not easy n dat yu dont NEED a man to support yu.
Renni
Jul 01, 2010 Renni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
.how can I read it online now.?
Jonettee
Jul 27, 2010 Jonettee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
iLthiss BOOK !., shee hass TALENT !
Kenshawer
Jul 24, 2009 Kenshawer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would love to read this

Charmain
Aug 30, 2011 Charmain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
was my shit
Chrisma Mcclain
Feb 26, 2009 Chrisma Mcclain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good reag
  • Hood Rat
  • Sleeping with the Enemy
  • The Game: Short Stories about the Life
  • Pitbulls In A Skirt
Since the release of her 2004 debut novel A Gangster’s Girl, Essence Magazine best selling author Chunichi Knott has gone on to pen three additional best selling novels, Married To The Game, The Naked Truth and Return of A Gangster’s Girl.
With more than a half of a million books in print and on the heels of her fifth novel, California Connection, Chunichi’s talent as a writer, combined with her c
More about Chunichi Knott...

Girls from Da Hood (10 books)
  • Girls from Da Hood 2