Start by marking “Blood Bought (Cruentus Dragons, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Bought (Cruentus Dragons, #2)

Blood Bought (Cruentus Dragons #2)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Book Two in the Cruentus Dragons Series

For months, Jonah Genjhury has hunted Athena. Waiting. Planning. Dreaming. Finally, he finds his prickly runaway mate and he knows it’s time to claim her for the Cruentus clan—and himself. Athena, however, isn’t easy to convince. She fights a union with everything in her. Now he must convince his angry mate she’s his while an age-old
Published February 11th 2010 (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Bought, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Bought

Anna
The rating I have given this book in no way reflects on the quality of writing, just that I absolutely HATED Athena for her ignorance and the pain she causes Jonah in this story. Jonah is introduced in the first book in this series so I was already kind of fond of him and although Jonah played his own part by not telling Athena what she needed to know, she is a complete bitch the entire time. I don't enjoy the stories where the heroine is so aggressively negative and completely reluctant to join ...more
Debbie
I agree with other reveiwers about Athena and the pain she caused Jonah, but I also understand it's was from fear and not understanding. Her and Scarlett are nearly killed on the eve of her wedding. It's the first time ever seeing a dragon and here rips her fiance to shreds. They are then carried off to a mountain. She is in fear for her life and spends 6 months trying to hide from someone who wants to dominate and own her. Totally understandable. It works out in the end.
Good story. Explicit se
Steph
Blood Bought is the story of Athena Xanthopoulos and Jonah Genjhury. Jonah is Janos Aventech’s (from book 1, Dragon's Blood) bound wingscion, best friend and a healer. He's been hunting for Athena, his "strong willed banshee" for six months, "Anyone weaker would never survive eternity with him, let alone hold his interest for long." He knows she's his mate and he won't stop until he has her. Athena's not so easy to convince though. "She scrambled to do what was necessary to survive and left ever ...more
Coldcase hertz
ok so coming off my HIGH FROM CUT & RUN SERIES IT WS HARD FOR ME TO JUMP INTO THIS SHORT READ. But it did build up in the end the whole dragron thing was ok but am a were wolf fan lol.
♥ Miss Dominus ♥
It was okay for starters but it lacks explanation and more foundation.
Robin Norris
As with her first book, Dragon's Blood, I found this book to be quite short. I would have liked Ms. Paulin to develop her world a little more. I find her premise to be very interesting but am left wanting even after two books. I am looking forward to see where she goes with this series. I love the battle between the Dragons, Elves and Djinni. You learn more about their conflict in this second book. Warning, this book is not for the faint of heart. It is definitely erotica with some bondage...if ...more
Emily
Very hard to put down. Once Paulin gets more of a plot going, I'll be even more hooked. That sounds bad. The plot for me was between two characters and their own lives, it does move along and there are a few great elements to it.

However, I want to know more about what is going on in the dragon world, and the elvish, dornnish world. What is going on outside of them? Paulin has the potential for a great story here. The details and background is really good.
Kelsey
This book was a perfect spin off of the First book of the series and I hope there is another installment of this series soon! The whole Dragon concept that was introduced was different than the typical fairy tale Dradon action. This introduced a sexy, romantic side of the Dragon species. I must read for fellow paranormal romance lovers! Very steamy, sexy, and romantic.
A.R. Von
When a woman has had it up to here (places hand above eye brows) with dragon talk, she finally gets to see it's not all talk. Blood Brought is a hot and satisfying read that is hard to put down and lingers in your mind long after you are through reading it. If you love dragons, shifters or just the paranormal genre, you'll enjoy an escape into Blood Bought.
Sasha
Kinda interesting. Too much sex, but characterisation, following on from book 1, was good. I liked both characters and the inclusion of Revin was a nice touch.
Nikita Isaac
I couldn't put it down.
Aszpi
Aszpi added it
Jul 25, 2015
Princess
Princess marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Amaya
Amaya marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Catherine Paz
Catherine Paz marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
  • Jager's Mate (Roxie's Protectors, #2)
  • Pack Territory (Were Chronicles, #3)
  • Covert Desires (Alpine Woods Shifters, #5)
  • Wings of Change (Dragon Knights, #4.5)
  • Animal Attraction (Alaskan Werewolf, #1)
  • Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)
  • Dragon Blood
  • Sweet Dreams (Halle Pumas, #2)
  • Vegetarian Mate (Pack Law, #5)
  • Spring Comes to Sanctuary (Welcome to Sanctuary, #1)
  • Isaiah's Haven (Legacy, #2)
  • Dragon Down Under (Dragon Down Under, #1)
  • Found (Darwin's Theory #5)
  • Serengeti Lightning (Serengeti Shifters, #3)
  • In Plain Sight (Cougar Falls, #2)
When it comes to books and movies, bestselling author, Brynn Paullin has one rule: there must be a happy ending. After that requirement, anything goes. And it just might in any of her stories.

Brynn has been publishing books for you since 2007 and now has over 50 titles available in several genres. She lives in Michigan with her husband, two children and two hyperactive dogs. Whenever possible, she
More about Brynn Paulin...

Cruentus Dragons (3 books)
  • Dragon's Blood (Cruentus Dragons, #1)
  • Blood of the Wolf (Cruentus Dragons, #3)
Punished (Taboo Wishes, #1) Belonging to Them (Daly Way, #1) Plays Well With Others (Daly Way, #2) Kidnap and Kink (Taboo Wishes,  #2) Fill Her Up (Daly Way, #3)