Start by marking “Self-Defense for Women” as Want to Read:
Self-Defense for Women

Self-Defense for Women

2.67  ·  Rating Details ·  3 Ratings  ·  1 Review
This essential self-defense guide is packed with helpful tips and strategies for girls and women. Written by an instructor of Chinese martial arts, the text provides techniques for defending physical attacks and offers readers guidance for being aware of their surroundings and their body language. It also provides ways for avoiding potentially dangerous situations and ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Rosen Classroom (first published April 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Self-Defense for Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Self-Defense for Women

Martyn
Sep 22, 2011 Martyn rated it did not like it
Review: Lavinia Soo-Warr – Self-Defense for Women

Since I teach self-defense (based on aikido) to both men and women, a student gave me Lavinia Soo-Warr’s Self-Defense for Women and wanted to know my opinion.

I’m not in the habit of criticizing other people in my field, but this time I feel a comment is warranted. For two reasons: first of all, people tend to feel that anything in print has been verified, and second, because the ideas expressed in this book are downright dangerous nonsense.

The sel
Susan
May 10, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: reference
This book has a lot of useful information, however, you do have to practice in order to remember and apply what is being taught. I have taken a self defense course before and believe that is the most beneficial way to learn how to defend yourself. I remember taking a karate class in college and the instructor asked the women if they were taking it for self-defense. Some raised their hands in the affirmative. He said if you are attacked, you don't need to know karate, you just poke them in their ...more
Colona Public Library
Pretty nice read and I learned some useful techniques. There are some techniques that are more useful than others, to really utilize the most of this book is to practice.
By far the best part of this book was a little old lady doing a good portion of this book, even taking on a knife fight! It was strangely encouraging, like, if she can do it I can do it!
You can order this material at the Colona Public Library! ~Ashley
Marina Andreou
it was a good book, i've read it in two days!
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2012
May Panayi
May Panayi rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Erikka
Erikka added it
Jul 11, 2012
R Barnes
R Barnes marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Kyle
Kyle added it
Jun 24, 2016
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
AnimalLover
AnimalLover marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Tolga Başkan
Tolga Başkan marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Stephane Boutros
Stephane Boutros marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Aye Yu
Aye Yu marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016