Start by marking “Damsel in Disguise” as Want to Read:
Damsel in Disguise

Damsel in Disguise

An actress by trade, Julia St. Clement is playing her most dangerous role yet. She dresses as a man to warn Lord Anthony Rastmoor of a cruel plot against him. She still loves him, despite his betrayal years ago. Rastmoor believes that Julia is dead. But when Julia's actress "wife" disappears, Rastmoor and Julia must form an uneasy alliance. It's only a matter of time ...more
Published August 3rd 2010 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Damsel in Disguise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damsel in Disguise

Tracy
Oct 13, 2010 Tracy rated it it was ok
Review originally featured at Fiction Vixen Book Reviews

Have you ever wanted to be just one of the guys? Sit at the poker table and get the no-holds-barred version of the conversation? Reading the back synopsis, I thought Susan Gee Heino’s Damsel in Disguise would be an interesting twist on romance. Unfortunately, though it had a few good moments, I largely found myself wondering when I’d finally get to the end.

Julia St. Clement is an accomplished actress, whose skills are put to the test when s
Kimberly
Oct 13, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was ok
My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-r...

It’s been three years since Lord Anthony Rastmoor broke actress Julia St. Clement’s heart by wagering her at the gaming table. Despite the viscount’s actions, Julia’s heart still belongs to him and when she overhears a plot to murder Anthony, she knows she must warn him. Disguised as a man with her friend Sophie as her “wife,” Julia sets out to warn Anthony. But when she finds him, things don’t go as planned…

A
Bookaholics
Aug 01, 2010 Bookaholics rated it really liked it
Damsel in Disguise by Susan Gee Heino
Historical Romance – August 3, 2010
4 Stars

Intrigue and likeable characters make this an entertaining and enjoyable read.

Damsel in Disguise is the story of Julia St. Clement, an actress who is forced to disguise herself as a man. She plays a dangerous game when she pretends to be a ‘husband’ to her female friend. But now Julia uses her disguise in an effort to warn Anthony Restmoor. Years ago, Anthony betrayed Julia but despite that fact she still loves him
Robin
Feb 28, 2013 Robin rated it did not like it
Shelves: could-not-finish
This book is the 2nd in a Series the Author doesn't have a title for so I've called it Evaline and Sophie. Evaline is the Heroine of the first book Mistress by Mistake and Sophie is her sister who's story we learn in book three Temptress in Training.

As I feared although I'm not very far into the book (Chapter Ten) it seems its going to have the same problems as the other one and after having set it aside for what most likely is over a year I just do not see it getting finished. Nor do I see me
Jean
This story started out with great intrigue and suspense. Our two main characters are in a situation where they can't trust each other. Anthony finds he can't trust anyone. It actually made for a good story until midway when it shifted from an involved suspense thriller into an absurd Shakespearean comedy like Twelfth Night with all the absurd contrivances and twists and turns.

However, despite the rather convoluted half of the book, it still was a fun read. I would go so far to say that I really
Nikilyn
Dec 11, 2010 Nikilyn rated it did not like it
This book started out better than the first in the series, but fizzled out near the middle and only got worse from there. The author leaves nothing to the reader's imagination as to the character's thoughts and the one bit of mystery toward the end is completely predictable, except for the new information that had nothing to do with the first 3/4 of the book. It was painful to finish and I couldn't even bring myself to read the excerpt from the next book in the series.
Janet
Apr 19, 2011 Janet rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Book #2 of my judging stint…and it’s not much better than the first. While I was able to read Heino’s sex scenes without feeling the urge to make an appointment with my ob-gyn to be tested for STDs, the plot was so idiotic that I can’t even formulate a coherent example. Read the last hundred or so pages and you’ll see what I mean.
Rhonda
Aug 31, 2014 Rhonda rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014-read
Not my favorite book. It was cute at times and I did lauggh at loud a few times, but I found myself annoyed with the main characters and I almost strained my eyes with all the the eye rolling I was doing as I read. The plot was decent but it was too predictable and at times too much to feel realistic.
Linda
Feb 15, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
fun, enjoyed the treasure hunt aspect and the madcap comedy part where the reader is left to wonder who knows what, who knows who, and what's the next bit of confusion.

Temptress in Training is a related book, where Sophie Darshaw takes the stage, instead of being a supporting character.
Ginger K
Sep 16, 2010 Ginger K rated it it was ok
Eh. The cover copy was promising... the book was not really the one described by the cover which is always a disappointment and rather unfair to the author.
Chris
Aug 18, 2010 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
Reunion romance + cross dressing - interesting elements but overall the story was unremarkable. I'm tempted to pick up the first book though.
Celia
Celia rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2012
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
Jessie
Jessie rated it did not like it
Aug 26, 2016
Annie McElfresh
Annie McElfresh rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2011
Lou Anne
Lou Anne rated it it was ok
Sep 03, 2014
Marilyn
Marilyn rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2012
Janice
Aug 03, 2016 Janice marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
KOBO
Gina Chen
Gina Chen rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2010
Kylan
Kylan rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Taz-flyer
Taz-flyer rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2012
RD
RD rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2011
Rebecca Harvey
Rebecca Harvey rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Kasey
Kasey rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2010
Leanne
Leanne rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2016
Dominique Fagan
Dominique Fagan rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Wolfie0516
Wolfie0516 rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2013
Kyra
Kyra rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Kris Branch
Kris Branch rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Susan Gee Heino began her writing career in the theatre. After several years of poverty and obscurity, her love of the English Regency time period led her to writing historical romance. In 2008 she won Romance Writers of America's Golden Heart Award (R) for Best Regency Historical and has become a national bestseller. Today she resides in rural Ohio with a menagerie of pets, her minister husband, ...more
More about Susan Gee Heino...