Start by marking “The Quotable Slayer” as Want to Read:
The Quotable Slayer

The Quotable Slayer

From the very beginning, Buffy's snappy, sparkling dialogue and incisive insight into the human condition has been acclaimed by critics and fans alike. 'Writing as good as that for Hill Street Blues, The Simpsons or...Alan Bleasdale at his best' said the Guardian as far back as season one. 'The only show outside Larry Sanders where you rewind to confirm that the wit was ...more
Published December 1st 2003 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about The Quotable Slayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quotable Slayer

Dark-Draco
I got this from Bookmooch.com, and once I received it, I devoured the lot within 24 hours. It's a great book for dipping in and out of, reading a few quotes whenever there's a spare few seconds to fill. There's quotes from all the favourite characters, from all seven series, and each one took me back to the episode it came from. One I will probably enjoy again and again.
Matt
Jun 22, 2010 Matt rated it it was amazing
Here it is, fellow fans of quite possibly the best television series about the supernatural ever conceived -- all your favorite Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode lines from all seven seasons (or pretty damned near), organized by topic and character. I've seen just about every episode several times now, and I still find myself leafing through this for choice jokes, snaps and comebacks from Buffy, Xander, Willow and the gang. Now if they would only put out a companion volume to do the same for Ange ...more
Lesley
Dec 14, 2010 Lesley rated it it was amazing
This book reminded me of better days when there was Buffy and the Scooby Gang. Reading these quotes, I could hear the sarcastic comebacks said by each person and loved it all. A good trip down memory lane which made me want to watch the entire series all over again. BTVS was Joss Whedon's masterpiece that can never be duplicated or topped.
Indah Threez Lestari
Nov 17, 2009 Indah Threez Lestari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series fans
Love it!!!

I read this book after I re-watched all episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV Series, so when I read the quotes I can pictures the acts in my head and how the actors said them.

I love the TV series because its witty and funny dialogues, and this book compiled the sharpest, most telling, and memorable quotes from the show. Just the way I like it!

Christina
Jul 02, 2008 Christina rated it it was amazing
It's like a Buffy bible, although there are some quotes that never made the cut which is disappointing. And my copy is utterly TRASHED because something strange must have infected it and it COMPLEEEEETELY fell apart. I refuse to throw it away though - especially as I can't find it in stores anymore and it is seriously the greatest memorabilia!
Joy
Jun 13, 2008 Joy rated it it was amazing
My BBF (Best Buffy Friend) Beth got me this book. it is great to read while you are...uh, hum...on the throne. Any proper Buffy Fan would appriciate the compilation of witty Buffy quips and puns! THANKS BETHY!!!
Amanda R
Feb 02, 2008 Amanda R rated it liked it
There were at least 2 quotes I noticed that were attributed to the wrong characters. Since the whole point of the book was to list quotes from the show, you'd think they've have been a little more careful.
Marque
Feb 28, 2009 Marque rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Buffy Fans
Recommended to Marque by: the library (seriously, on a recommended reading display)
As embarrassing as it is that I made a slight return to the geekdom of fan-generated literature, it was a fun read.
It is what it sounds like, a book of quotes from the series. A walk down memory lane.
My only critiques:
Not enough Anya quotes!
Too many Riley quotes.
Hpitcher
so my best friend gave me this for my birthday because this summer i decided to get through all seven seasons on my computer. i pretty much became obsessed and she gave it to me. i was pumped and i love this book it has the best and funniest quotes ever!
T
Jul 11, 2012 T rated it really liked it
i wasn't crazy about the way it was organized but it at least gives you the references along with the quote. of course, for a diehard fan like me, a book will always leave out things we think should've been included but overall, fun.
Katheryn Thompson
All the bits of Buffy that made you laugh out loud in one place - what's not to love? One warning though...it will make you want to watch the entire series again.
Sophie Anderson
Apr 03, 2013 Sophie Anderson rated it liked it
Buffy-isms! Spike-isms. Scooby-isms. Brush up on your Buffy the Vampire Slayer quotes, and use the next one at the nerd party!
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2014
Julia Ryniecka
Julia Ryniecka rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Kara Ryan
Kara Ryan rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Ashley Decker
Ashley Decker rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2014
Wielli
Wielli rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Courtney Hardacre
Courtney Hardacre rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2014
Allison
Nov 12, 2009 Allison rated it it was amazing
Gotta love the Buffy quotes.
Claire Nash
Claire Nash rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Rachel
Sep 28, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: buffy-books
Best Quotes from the show...who couldn't like this?
Valentine
Valentine rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2007
Rebecca Reitmeyer
Rebecca Reitmeyer rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Hanif Ur-Rehman
Hanif Ur-Rehman rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Liz Klein
Liz Klein rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2008
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2015
Dannielle Yeprem
Dannielle Yeprem rated it really liked it
May 06, 2013
Sheri Hermann
Sheri Hermann rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2014
Lauren Stoolfire
Lauren Stoolfire rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2013
  • The Sunnydale High Yearbook (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #24)
  • Slayer Slang: A Buffy the Vampire Slayer Lexicon
  • Chosen (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #13)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 3
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Script Book "Once More With Feeling"
  • Reading the Vampire Slayer: The Complete, Unofficial Guide to 'Buffy' and 'Angel'
  • Wicked Willow I: The Darkening (Wicked Willow, #1)
  • Spark and Burn (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #4)
  • The Complete Slayer: An unoffical and unauthorised guide to every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • These Our Actors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #1)
  • Cursed (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 6, #1; Angel: Season 3, #1)
  • Go Ask Malice: A Slayer's Diary (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #9)
  • Long Way Home (Unseen Trilogy, #3)
  • Blackout (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
  • The Faith Trials (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #10)
  • What Would Buffy Do? The Vampire Slayer as Spiritual Guide
Micol Ostow has been writing professionally since 2004, and in that time has written and/or ghostwritten over 40 published works for young readers. She started her reign of terror with Egmont with her novel FAMILY, which Elizabeth Burns named a favorite of 2012 on her School Library Journal-syndicated blog, A Chair, a Fireplace, a Tea Cozy. Micol's graphic novel, SO PUNK ROCK (and Other Ways to ...more
More about Micol Ostow...