Start by marking “The Cop and the Drifter” as Want to Read:
The Cop and the Drifter

The Cop and the Drifter

2.69 of 5 stars 2.69  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  8 reviews
When they first meet in the woods and Brad takes in Davie’s small stature and pretty-boy looks, he assumes the kid is just another runaway. As a cop, Brad has learned to recognize the signs. But Brad is already in trouble with his superiors, getting suspended for "assuming" something on another case, so now he knows better than to assume anything.

Davie, actually in his ear

Published May 30th 2010 by Amber Quill Press (first published May 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Cop and the Drifter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cop and the Drifter

Tam
Jun 09, 2010 Tam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Cop Brad is out camping in the woods while he waits for an internal review of a screw-up at work. Out of the woods stumbles, what he assumes is runaway teen, Davie. After a rough start they share a meal and Davie tells his story. His father basically prostituted him out and then sold him to another man who did the same thing and he managed to escape and is looking for a job. Brad hooks him up with a guy who runs a shelter and needs help and despite being attracted and a quick hand-job in the woo...more
Lily
Brad's been suspended from the police force and is camping out in the woods trying to find some peace in his chaotic life. Still mourning the death of his lover and unsure of where his life is headed he's not looking for anymore complications in his life. But when he meets Davie, a young drifter alone out in the woods, he can't help but be drawn to him. Thinking he's underage he keeps his distance but as the night goes by and they share parts of their past with each other Brad learns Davie is ac...more
Eyre
The bones of a great story are here. If the author ever decides to rewrite this and make it longer, I'll definitely give it another shot. Davie, a drifter who has survived a really rough life filled with abuse, meets Brad in the middle of the night, and within a matter of minutes spills his entire life's story to the cop. That just doesn't ring true for me. I think someone in Davie's situation would be more reticent and unlikely to trust another person so quickly.
Nene
Jul 17, 2010 Nene rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
This one was just okay for me. I really didn't connect with Davie at all, as much as I wanted to. I think I just felt that there was more to his story than the brief glimpses we got and that, as a reader, I would have enjoyed getting to know him a little better before he was suddenly all fine and dandy.
OkayKim
The cover is kind of sucky, but the story was interesting. Not a bad story and I'm kind of glad these two didn't just "jump" into the sack together. Both had to get their lives in order before the romance started. The only problem was once it did start the story ended.
Chris
Ok m/m romance about a cop... and a drifter. :D What, you want more? Ok, it's about a cop, on administrative leave and unsure whether he still has a job, who's camping and meets a young homeless man.
Kiki
too short for great depth, but a nice story
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Zam
Zam marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Loopy
Loopy marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Kellie Dennis
Kellie Dennis marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2012
Sally halliday
Sally halliday marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2012
Dana
Dana added it
Mar 09, 2014
-RMG
-RMG marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
The Gallery On Main Street Oh George I'm Sorry Once Upon A Secret Chance Encounter