Start by marking “Spring Creek Bride” as Want to Read:
Spring Creek Bride

Spring Creek Bride

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  117 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Can't Ida Mueller walk to town without being harangued by rowdy railroad men? The formerly lovely town of Spring Creek, Texas, has been overtaken by saloons and disorderly conduct. So when a handsome stranger arrives with plans to open a gambling hall next to her family's mercantile store, Ida makes plans of her own: to foil his Someone has to save Spring Creek. And since ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Spring Creek Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring Creek Bride

Terri
Jan 04, 2010 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finally caught up with this book this morning. I really enjoy reading this character " Ida" much as Mick.. It quite inspired me to see what she did help to save Spring Creek.
Kathleen L. Maher
Oct 05, 2009 Kathleen L. Maher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ida Mueller has big ideals and high standards, forged by her godly German upbringing in the formerly sleepy town of Spring Creek, Texas. The railroad boom has changed her landscape, but not her heart. She still longs for the innocence of a bygone day, even if that naïve era was only two years prior. Since her mother’s death, Ida grows big shoulders to carry heavy yokes, like the cooking, cleaning, helping, and one other thing. She adopts the way her mother championed causes, like a 19th Century
Sheila
May 11, 2009 Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve never been to Texas. My only knowledge of it is half-seen TV shows back in England, with rich oil tycoons and houses that would hold a fair-sized village. Okay, I know the TV shows weren’t real, and I didn’t really watch them. But Texas?

Janice Thompson’s Spring Creek Bride shows me a very different historical place, and I loved it. The small town of Spring Creek is changing and growing. The newcomers aren’t necessarily welcome. The countryside is losing out to the mighty train. And Ida Muel
Karen Baney
Mar 17, 2011 Karen Baney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The town of Spring Creek is changing as the railroad brings new businesses, some less than savory, to town. Young Ida has never really though of marrying until she meets Mick. The only problem: he is the new owner of a soon-to-be-built gambling hall and she is a devout Christian.

As tensions rise in town, Ida stirs the pot by trying to organize the church members to go and talk to Mick. Unfortunately a few others in town aren't as peaceful minded as Ida and her church.

When things go bad, Mick f
Nellie
Sep 30, 2012 Nellie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, however, it was VERY religiously based. The main focus of the book was to get this guy to come to Christ. I liked it, and I would read more from this author. But it just wasn't my favorite. From the book;Can't Ida Mueller walk to town without being harangued by rowdy railroad men? The formerly lovely town of Spring Creek, Texas, has been overtaken by saloons and disorderly conduct. So when a handsome stranger arrives with plans to open a gambling hall next to her family's merc ...more
Racquel
Jun 04, 2014 Racquel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ANOTHER GOOD BOOK

ANOTHER GOOD BOOK

I enjoy reading all the books that Janice writes.
I laugh and I cry with every book. The books
are all true to life everyday happenings.
Carolyn
Aug 14, 2014 Carolyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
Cute
Judy
Jul 02, 2010 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read.
I wondered how this story could end up the way it did.

Mick Bradley is building a gambling hall in Spring Creek, Texas

Ida Mueller is against it and "prays" about it while putting her actions ahead of really hearing what God may be telling her.

There is a Nellie DeVries in the story. I laugh as someone with my last name is in a book and she's a saloon girl.
MariaFernanda
I loved it. The characters were very memorable and the tension between the two main was fantastic! What I didn't like, however, was that I thought the female character was too stubborn and demanding! Gah!! Oh well haha!
Sandy Duke
This was a great little book set in a small town in Texas in 1902. It gives us some insight into how becoming a booming railroad town brought with it both curses and blessings.
Kristina
An amazing story of a young woman in Texas! I loved the story, excellent characters, amazing setting and plot line! A very wonderful young-adult novel!
IrenesBookReviews
Oct 20, 2010 IrenesBookReviews rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the setting, liked the characters. I had fun reading this one.
Brandy
Apr 02, 2011 Brandy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Yeah
CUTE story!!!
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Amy Tyner
Amy Tyner rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Sandra
Sandra rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Tamina Russell
Tamina Russell marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
lewman87
lewman87 marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
KarenJean Lundborg
KarenJean Lundborg rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Kaitlyn Watson
Kaitlyn Watson marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Mary Kay
Mary Kay rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Roseann
Roseann marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Jan Hall
Jan Hall marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Meredith Pocius
Meredith Pocius marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Andrea Harris
Andrea Harris marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Kayleigh
Kayleigh marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 11, 2015 07:02AM
  • Redeeming Gabriel
  • Hannah's Beau (Charity House, #2)
  • Courting Miss Adelaide (Noblesville, Indiana, #1)
  • Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #3)
  • Family of the Heart
  • Seaside Cinderella (Nantucket Island, #1)
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • An Honorable Gentleman
  • Her Captain's Heart (Gabriel Sisters, #1)
  • The Cowboy Tutor (Three Brides for Three Cowboys, #1)
  • Soaring Home
  • Homefront Hero
  • Love on the Range
  • The Duke's Redemption
My name is Janice Thompson. (You will find me published under Janice Hanna, Janice Hanna Thompson, Janice A. Thompson as well.)

I’m a Christian freelance author of novels, non-fiction books, magazine articles and musical comedies for the stage. I live in the Houston area, where the heat and humidity tend to reign, regardless of the season.

I’m the mother of four beautiful daughters, (Randi, Courtney
More about Janice Thompson...