Start by marking “My Favorite Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
My Favorite Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #2)

My Favorite Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy #2)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,717 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
New from the author of the surprise hit The Kitchen Witch

The Kitchen Witch author Annette Blair serves up a charming tale of a beautiful witch--cursed by her ex-boyfriend--who is appointed to work with a former hockey star, the one man who can melt the ice around her heart.
Published January 3rd 2006 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about My Favorite Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Favorite Witch

Nairabell
Jason Pickering Goddard's career as a playboy ice hockey star came to a dramatic halt when a car accident left him unable to play. At the insistence of his grandmother he is the new Director of Special Events at the struggling Pickering Foundation, hoping his fame will save the foundation's boys foster home. But when Jason walks into the office to see Kira Fitzgerald with wand in hand cursing her ex-fiance, he wonders if he'll be able to survive the year with Kira as his new coordinator let alon ...more
Darcy
Jun 17, 2010 Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, pnr, witches, magic
I love reading books by this author, why is that you ask, well it is because I have come to expect a few things that make me laugh while reading them. Those would be witty, snarky dialogue, up front sex talk with lots of innuendos and toy talk, crazy antics by the couple and the people and things around them, plus lots of magic.

This time around there was lots of the above some highlights of the book would be the hockey and witch metaphors, a whole passel of boys from an orphanage and all the cra
Trea
This was quite the cute and entertaining story! After reading this a number of years ago, I was pleased to find that I enjoyed it now as much as I had in the past.

Kira was a cute and very quirky character! I liked how much she unsettled Jason, even from day one, to the point where he just couldn't resist her. I enjoyed how she was loyal to those she cared for and defended her beliefs.

Jason started out firm and unyielding, but I liked how he loosened up a good bit over the course of the book. I r
Michelle
Picked this book up on a whim...romance novels are an occassional guilty pleasure for me. Had no idea what it was about and had no expections. So, that being said, I liked it and am planning on reading the other books in the series.

Simple story, really, about guy and girl who have both given up on love...only to fall for each other. Nothing new - including the Grandmother pushing them together. Funny thing, though, she was my favorite character.

Because the title character, Kira, is involved with
Anjula
Dec 10, 2014 Anjula rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I was looking forward to this book because I enjoyed Kitchen Witch. I only made it about 1/3 of the way through before giving up. Because they worked together, I expected there to be some semblance of appropriate behavior in the beginning. But nope, every outfit she wore was workplace inappropriate (tube dresses and midriff baring dresses, really?). And she was stroking "Harvey" in what, 2 weeks? They hadn't even kissed. It was just...off-putting.
Erin
Once again, I was surprised at this book. I liked it FAR more than I did the first one. Most of the overblown situations that annoyed me about the first book, were not present in this book.

Jason was... well I can see exactly why he was the way he was, and same goes for Kira.

I liked them both.

I laughed out loud at times, and I will admit I read this whilst hormonal, so I was a little verklempt at times.

Though I must say, there were some times where it was an immediate reversal of action vs thoug
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
A bit more magic in this one, continuing with the group of friends we first met in The Kitchen Witch. Again, really light read, decent romance. Fluffy fun, but I enjoyed the first one more.
Daniell Marsh
May 03, 2016 Daniell Marsh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jason is a playboy hockey player that gets his knee hurt in a car accident and it doesn't look like he will be able to play hockey anymore. Kira is a witch who swears off mean after catching her fiancé cheating on her. Jason swears off women and decides to work at the family foundation which includes a foster home for boys, knowing his celebrity status will help in all aspects of the foundation. Kira is hired to be his coordinator for his job as director of special events. The sparks fly when th ...more
Angie
Synopsis: "New from the author of the surprise hit "The Kitchen Witch"
"The Kitchen Witch" author Annette Blair serves up a charming tale of a beautiful witch--cursed by her ex-boyfriend--who is appointed to work with a former hockey star, the one man who can melt the ice around her heart."

My Review: It has been a couple of years since I read the Kitchen Witch but I do recall really enjoying it. This one unfortunately didn't hit just right for me. I enjoyed some of the characters and I loved th
Peggy O'Connell
The romance between Kira and Jason is cute with lots of witty repartee and double entendres (many involving hockey sticks). Overall, this was a light, amusing, and cute story.
That being said, I did have some real problems with this book... Lets see, there is a witch who carries her wand everywhere and actively encourages the waving of the wand and the power being in the wand, a lot of emphasis on what said witch is wearing, a huge lead up to the actual sex scene (lots of foreplay) which didn't p
HÜLYA
May 12, 2013 HÜLYA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kısaca batmakta olan Pickering Vakfını kurtarmak isteyen hokey oyuncusu Jason ile Mutfak Cadısı müdavimlerinden ve vakfın çalışanı Kira'nın hikayesi idi..Birbirlerinden etkilenmeleri uzun sürmedi..Melody Seabright Serisi 2 . kitabı olan Bu romanı çok sevdim..Çok sevimli bir kitaptı..Vakıfı kurtarmak,büyükannesin de kırmamak için Kiranın 6 aylığına patronu olacaktı..Başlarda olduköa çatışan ikili kısa sürede birbirlerinin etkisi altına girmeleri kaçınılmazdı..Ama Kira evliliğin eşiğinden yeni dön ...more
Jenn
Mar 03, 2012 Jenn rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, e-book
***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Kira Fitzgerald has sworn off men, especially jocks. Her ex-fiancé and their canceled wedding –the cost of which she’s paying for alone have definitely screwed up her life. She’s left behind her job at the museum to take another at a non-profit organization which helps to support a boys’ orphanage. She took the job because it included room and board, something she can’t afford if she’s going to pay for all the unused wedding supplies alone. She can bar
Isabell
Nov 29, 2013 Isabell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inhalt:
Als Kira Fitzgerald ihren Verlobten mit ihrer Schwester im Bett erwischt, schwört sie den Männern ab. Doch dieser Entschluss gerät gefährlich ins Wanken, als sie ihren neuen Chef begegnet. Der gut aussehende Eishockey-Star Jason Goddard nimmt nach einem schweren Autounfall eine Auszeit und kümmert sich um seine Stiftung. Von seinen Karriereplänen will er sich durch nichts und niemanden ablenken lassen - auch nicht von einer charmanten jungen Hexe. Doch die Magie zwischen Kira und Jason en
Sevimli Hırsız
Üzülerek söylüyorum hiç beğenmedim! Mutfak Cadısı’ndan sonra kitap resmen elimde süründü.İlk kitapta yazar aşka değinirken bu kitapta tamamen kuru kuru bir cinsellik anlatmış ki o da beni çok sıktı.Jason ve Kira arasındaki aşkı hiç hissedemedim.Ben bu durumu ilk kitabın birazda dramatik olmasına bağlıyorum.İlk kitaptaki konu gereği aşk daha ağır basıyordu ama bu kitapta maalesef sonuna kadar hiç tat alamadım.O kadar ki bir bölümünde Kira , Melody ve Logan’dan yardım isteyerek onları kitaba dahil ...more
Cherie
Mar 27, 2008 Cherie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished this one this morning. I liked it a lot better than The Kitchen Witch . As a character, Kira is a lot more interesting than Melody, and Kira's counterpart Jason, more interesting than Melody's Logan.

Like the previous book, there was a lot of back and forth with the main characters trying to deny their feelings for each other, but unlike in the first, the reasons for Kira and Jason's denial of their feelings was more believable, and even understandable, than Melody and Logan's were
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This is first of all, an adult romance novel. There are vivid love scenes that add to the story but are not for teenagers and below.

I love this trilogy of romances because of the paranormal twist. We are talking about good witches and love situations.

A romance is predictable. It introduces the couple normally after they have each had disappointments in the love area of their lives. Then, the couple slowly are drawn to each other and viola! Love match!

In this novel we have a hockey player, who i
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
şirin bir hikayeydi.kalbi kırılmış ve erkeklere olan güveni zedelenmiş cadımız Kira, yaptığı kaza sonucu sevdiği hokeyden ve sahte sahne ışıklarından, şovlarından uzaklaşmış olan Jason...
Çiftimizin yolu kader midir sihir midir bilinmez kesişir..Jason hokeye geri dönmek istesede iyileşene kadar büyükannesine ve ona ait vakıfa
yardım etmek için kolları sıvar ve başlar balolar,oyunlar,geziler vs. düzenlemeye..eee tabi birde tuttuğunu koparan zeki kızımız Kira'da asistanlığını yapar bu arada...
Biraz
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Shannon
Jul 28, 2015 Shannon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gotten-rid-of
I liked it better than the first one but it had one gimmick from the previous book that I didn't like. The MCs didn't have sex until over halfway through the book even though they both acknowledged that they were attracted to each other and it was gonna happen. It was just too much of a build up. Like everything conspired to keep them from sealing the deal. I hated it.
Kristen
Annette Blair's books are dependable for fun, quirky, likeable characters, and romantic plots with just enough angst to keep you reading to find out how the hero and heroine finally get together.

In this outing our Favourite Witch, Kira, has just dumped her jock fiance after catching him in bed with her sister! Yikes!

She then is forced to work with another jock, Jason, who is the grandson of Kira's boss, a little old lady who, while appearing sweet and doddery, has a will of iron and schemes wort
Nicole Romine
I could write this review using only one word: Disappointing. I’ve previously read Annette Blair’s “Kitchen Witch” and a “Veiled Deception.” These books were light, fun reads, yet they were also engaging and well-written. “My Favorite Witch” lacked all of these qualities. The characters, along with the plot, felt forced. As such, I just couldn’t bring myself to care about finishing the book (as evidenced by how long it took me to finish it). Even worse, it felt as though this book was never seen ...more
Myndi
Sep 24, 2013 Myndi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a little slower getting into this book than I was the first in the series...when I finally started getting into it though, boy was I hooked! In this book we get to see some return characters from the first book, as well as some lovely new characters. I love that about a series like this that centers around a different couple per book. I also loved that there was a bit more to the paranormal aspect in this book than in the first. And the romance was HOT! Another thing I'm really liking abou ...more
Stephy
Aug 20, 2009 Stephy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. And I plan on reading the rest of the series even though it's part 2 I wasn't confused or anything by not reading the first book.

Injured on the ice, NHL hockey player Jason is coerced by his grandmother to work with a foundation for orphaned boys. He is a
Adriana
Jun 01, 2015 Adriana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Fun and quick read with solid characters and steady story that has a bit of everything to make it infinitely readable.
Kira gives as good as she gets and Jason keeps things interesting by never being completely predictable; even side characters have full presence whenever they’re in a scene.
I also really appreciated the glimpse we get at the characters from Kitchen Witch, it was like an extra look at their ever after. It was also good that it’s possible to enjoy those parts of the story without
Cardyn Brooks
Annette Blair's Accidental Witch Trilogy is utterly charming, and My Favorite Witch is my favorite of the three. Kira and Jason's chemistry grows throughout the evolution of their relationship from combatants to lovers with humor and emotional vulnerability. Bessie and the orphaned boys add amusement and depth. A.B. puts a fresh spin on the "wronged (witch) woman meets injured jock" scenario.

For someone who doesn't typically reread fiction, I've reread My Favorite Witch whenever I'm jonesing for
RaeLatte
Apr 08, 2016 RaeLatte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read hockey romance
Jocelyn
Jul 30, 2010 Jocelyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kathy Cuthbertson
Fun book
Kara
Mar 23, 2010 Kara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the first one better-just because I liked the horrible cook getting her own cooking show-it was funny. This book has less humor, more sex, and is completely predictable. It is a nice little romance. Has some off beat parts which make it a little different from every other guy meets girl, they both fight feelings but fall madly in love stories. There are orphans, best kisser in the country show, strong characters-it is fun.
Cindi
Jul 21, 2010 Cindi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Great book. I almost didn't read it after reading the first book in the series, which I totally hated. Kira and Jason's story is much more believable than Melody and Logan's. Not to mention, Kira and Jason are actually likable, unlike Mel and Logan. I really, really liked the story and how everything came together in a sweet way. Loved Gram and the twins.

The last few pages of this book ALMOST make up for "The Kitchen Witch".
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • A Breath of Magic (Magic, #3)
  • Hex Appeal (Hex #2)
  • Wild & Hexy (Hex, #2)
  • A Charmed Death (A Bewitching Mystery, #2)
  • Dead If I Do (Garnet Lacey, #4)
  • My Way to Hell (Hell #2)
  • Over My Dead Body (Broken Heart #5)
  • Barely Bewitched (Southern Witch #2)
  • Sorcery and the Single Girl (Jane Madison, #2)
196212
Annette Blair's romantic comedies owe their beginnings to a root canal and a reluctant trip to Salem Massachusetts. Though she had once proclaimed she'd never write a contemporary, she stumbled into the serendipitous role of Accidental Witch Writer on that trip. Funny how she managed to eat her words even with an aching jaw. Magic or destiny; Annette's Bewitching Romantic Comedies became her first ...more
More about Annette Blair...

Accidental Witch Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Kitchen Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #1)
  • The Scot, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #3)