Start by marking “Mean Woman Blues (Skip Langdon, #9)” as Want to Read:
Mean Woman Blues (Skip Langdon, #9)

Mean Woman Blues (Skip Langdon #9)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  343 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A Skip Langdon Novel

Nemesis: the rival fate never allows you to beat.

The nemesis of Skip Langdon, New Orleans police detective, is Errol Jacomine. This evangelical preacher has been leader of his own frenzied army of converts, has run for mayor of New Orleans, and now wants to become president of the United States. His campaign methods are rabble-rousing, theft, kidnapping
Published July 11th 2004 by Forge Books (first published August 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Mean Woman Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mean Woman Blues

Maddy
RATING: 3.5

There are certain things that you can count on—death, taxes and that the Formosan termites will return to New Orleans every May to feast on that city's structures. And in Homicide Detective Skip Langford's life, there's one other given—that her enemy and nemesis, Errol Jacomine, oh so clever and oh so evil, will some day return and when he does, he will be out to kill Skip. She's thwarted his plans more than once; but she knows that she cannot underestimate the man and his clever ways
Jeannine Stewart
My least favorite Skip Langdon mystery so far. I hope this is the last of Earl Jacomine and his family members. I found them and the plot tedious and ridiculous. I want more New Orleans charm.
J. Ewbank
This is a good book by Julie Smit. The main characte, Skip Langdon is likeable and pretty realistic, not a superhuman person and I like that. The plot is one to keep you turning the pages to find out what is going to happen. What more do you want in a mystery?

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" "Wesley's Wars" and "To Whom It May Concern"
Joni
Skip Langdon, New Orleans police detective, nemisis, Errol Jacomine, has shown up again. Will he be able to kill Skip this time, or will she triump? Great plot, good chemistry between characters, and lots of twists and turns. A good read.
Janet
Good mystery, but I had a little trouble keeping track of the characters.
Kyrie
Langdon and Jacomine tangle again. This time, he didn't get under my skin as much as he did in the previous novels. I also liked the secondary story about grave decoration robbery - I can so see that going on in New Orleans.
Marina Sofia
Not a bad book - Skip and her nemesis are intriguing characters, but I was hoping for more New Orleans atmosphere. I liked, for instance, the gravestone robbing incident.
Maria
Another fabulous Julie Smith adventure! I couldn't put it down! I love all her characters and the perfect flow of storyline and tension.
Terri Smith
Jun 25, 2013 Terri Smith added it
Shelves: mystery
Didn't want it to end. Reading the Talba books now. Love this author.
Victoria
Finished the series just in time for Lent!
Patty Allen
Patty Allen marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Janine
Janine marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Tracy Wirick
Tracy Wirick marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Karen
Karen is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2014
Richard Wohltman
Richard Wohltman is currently reading it
Dec 11, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Kathryn Lamar
Kathryn Lamar marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Ansonja
Ansonja marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
  • Trick Question: A Hard-Boiled New Orleans Legal Thriller (Tubby Dubonnet #3) (The Tubby Dubonnet Series)
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • Murder In Half Moon Bay (A Jillian Bradley Mystery #1)
  • Nursing a Grudge (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #4)
  • Fade Route (Burnside Mystery #2)
  • Flat Crazy (A Blanco County Mystery #3)
  • Murder At The Rocks (A Fitzjohn Mystery, #2)
  • Soundkeeper (Hall McCormick Thriller, #1)
  • The Company You Keep (Kendra Clayton Mysteries, #1)
  • Scavengers (Posadas County Mystery, #1)
  • Jackrabbit Junction Jitters (Jackrabbit Junction, #2)
  • Death Will Get You Sober (Bruce Kohler, #1)
  • Ratio (A Leopold Blake Thriller, #4)
  • Motor City Shakedown (Bright and Fletcher, #1)
  • Out on a Limb: A Smoky Mountain Mystery (Nurse Phoebe Book 1)
  • The Getaway (Sam Archer, #2)
  • Superior Justice
  • Cool Blue Tomb (Soc Series)
Author of 20 mystery novels and a YA paranormal adventure called BAD GIRL SCHOOL (formerly CURSEBUSTERS!). Nine of the mysteries are about a female New Orleans cop Skip Langdon, five about a San Francisco lawyer named Rebecca Schwartz,two about a struggling mystery writer named Paul Mcdonald (whose fate no one should suffer) and four teaming up Talba Wallis, a private eye with many names, a poetic ...more
More about Julie Smith...
New Orleans Mourning (Skip Langdon, #1) The Axeman's Jazz (Skip Langdon, #2) Jazz Funeral (Skip Langdon, #3) New Orleans Beat (Skip Langdon, #4) House of Blues (Skip Langdon, #5)