Start by marking “Mean Woman Blues (Skip Langdon, #9)” as Want to Read:
Mean Woman Blues (Skip Langdon, #9)

Mean Woman Blues (Skip Langdon #9)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  590 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A Skip Langdon Novel

Nemesis: the rival fate never allows you to beat.

The nemesis of Skip Langdon, New Orleans police detective, is Errol Jacomine. This evangelical preacher has been leader of his own frenzied army of converts, has run for mayor of New Orleans, and now wants to become president of the United States. His campaign methods are rabble-rousing, theft, kidnapping
Published July 11th 2004 by Forge Books (first published August 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Mean Woman Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mean Woman Blues

Maddy
Nov 30, 2014 Maddy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2003-reads
RATING: 3.5

There are certain things that you can count on—death, taxes and that the Formosan termites will return to New Orleans every May to feast on that city's structures. And in Homicide Detective Skip Langford's life, there's one other given—that her enemy and nemesis, Errol Jacomine, oh so clever and oh so evil, will some day return and when he does, he will be out to kill Skip. She's thwarted his plans more than once; but she knows that she cannot underestimate the man and his clever ways
Jeannine Stewart
Apr 12, 2014 Jeannine Stewart rated it it was ok
My least favorite Skip Langdon mystery so far. I hope this is the last of Earl Jacomine and his family members. I found them and the plot tedious and ridiculous. I want more New Orleans charm.
Beverly Mccollum
This is the ninth And final novel in the Skip Langdon Series. I have enjoyed each of them and this one had an interesting subplot involving cemetery robberies in New Orleans. It also marked the end of the long-running confrontation between Skip and Jacomine. My only quibble- if this is indeed the last in this particular series -I wish it had tied up the major relationships -sort of a "What happened to them then.." Scenario. Recommend this way and entertaining read.
J. Ewbank
This is a good book by Julie Smit. The main characte, Skip Langdon is likeable and pretty realistic, not a superhuman person and I like that. The plot is one to keep you turning the pages to find out what is going to happen. What more do you want in a mystery?

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" "Wesley's Wars" and "To Whom It May Concern"
Bobbie Foster harper
riveting

I didn't want to put this down. Kind of like coming upon a car wreak don't want to look but can't help yourself
Joni
Apr 10, 2014 Joni rated it really liked it
Skip Langdon, New Orleans police detective, nemisis, Errol Jacomine, has shown up again. Will he be able to kill Skip this time, or will she triump? Great plot, good chemistry between characters, and lots of twists and turns. A good read.
Helene Slowik
Jan 31, 2015 Helene Slowik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun detective series based in New Orleans
Dennis
The end of this series. hope to find more by this author.
Janet
Nov 06, 2014 Janet rated it liked it
Good mystery, but I had a little trouble keeping track of the characters.
Janet
Apr 21, 2014 Janet rated it really liked it
very good
Kyrie
Jul 02, 2011 Kyrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Langdon and Jacomine tangle again. This time, he didn't get under my skin as much as he did in the previous novels. I also liked the secondary story about grave decoration robbery - I can so see that going on in New Orleans.
Marina Sofia
Aug 25, 2013 Marina Sofia rated it liked it
Not a bad book - Skip and her nemesis are intriguing characters, but I was hoping for more New Orleans atmosphere. I liked, for instance, the gravestone robbing incident.
Maria
Jun 27, 2013 Maria rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous Julie Smith adventure! I couldn't put it down! I love all her characters and the perfect flow of storyline and tension.
Terri Smith
Jun 25, 2013 Terri Smith added it
Shelves: mystery
Didn't want it to end. Reading the Talba books now. Love this author.
Victoria
Mar 08, 2011 Victoria rated it liked it
Finished the series just in time for Lent!
Wendy Fisher
Wendy Fisher rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Tiana
Tiana marked it as to-read
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Cindy Gullo
Cindy Gullo rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Carmie Callobre
Carmie Callobre is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2016
MaryKay Brady
MaryKay Brady rated it did not like it
Jul 20, 2016
Jean Nebel
Jean Nebel rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Brenda Badiuk
Brenda Badiuk rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Mary Hubbard
Mary Hubbard rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Dotsie Row
Dotsie Row marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Diann L'roy
Diann L'roy rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Glennon Harrison
Glennon Harrison marked it as to-read
Anne McLucas
Anne McLucas rated it liked it
cheryl graham
cheryl graham rated it it was amazing
  • Diva (Frank Renzi, #2)
  • Fade Route (Burnside Series #2)
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • Trick Question (Tubby Dubonnet, #3)
  • Golden Eggs and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 4)
  • Quiet Killing (Promise McNeal Mystery #2)
  • Nursing a Grudge (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #4)
  • Soundkeeper (Hall McCormick Thriller, #1)
  • The Summer of France
  • Murder In Half Moon Bay (A Jillian Bradley Mystery #1)
  • Gone... But Not Missed (Nathan Miccoli #1)
  • Murder at the War: A Modern-Day Mystery With a Medieval Setting (Peter Brichter, #2)
  • Saints Preserve Us
  • Justification for Murder (Darcy Lynch, #1)
  • A Very Private Grave (Monastery Murders, #1)
  • Plead Forgiveness (Loyalty, #1)
  • The Hollow Tree at Dead Mule Swamp (Anastasia Raven Mysteries)
  • Superior Justice
Author of 20 mystery novels and a YA paranormal adventure called BAD GIRL SCHOOL (formerly CURSEBUSTERS!). Nine of the mysteries are about a female New Orleans cop Skip Langdon, five about a San Francisco lawyer named Rebecca Schwartz,two about a struggling mystery writer named Paul Mcdonald (whose fate no one should suffer) and four teaming up Talba Wallis, a private eye with many names, a poetic ...more
More about Julie Smith...

Skip Langdon (10 books)
  • New Orleans Mourning (Skip Langdon, #1)
  • Axeman's Jazz (Skip Langdon, #2)
  • Jazz Funeral (Skip Langdon, #3)
  • Death Before Facebook (Skip Langdon, #4)
  • House of Blues (Skip Langdon, #5)
  • The Kindness of Strangers (Skip Langdon, #6)
  • Crescent City Kill (Skip Langdon, #7)
  • 82 Desire (Skip Langdon, #8)
  • Meet Skip Langdon: Two Mystery Short Stories: Always Othello and The End Of The Earth