Start by marking “Mean Woman Blues (Skip Langdon, #9)” as Want to Read:
Mean Woman Blues (Skip Langdon, #9)

Mean Woman Blues (Skip Langdon #9)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  373 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A Skip Langdon Novel

Nemesis: the rival fate never allows you to beat.

The nemesis of Skip Langdon, New Orleans police detective, is Errol Jacomine. This evangelical preacher has been leader of his own frenzied army of converts, has run for mayor of New Orleans, and now wants to become president of the United States. His campaign methods are rabble-rousing, theft, kidnapping
Published July 11th 2004 by Forge Books (first published August 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Mean Woman Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mean Woman Blues

Maddy
RATING: 3.5

There are certain things that you can count on—death, taxes and that the Formosan termites will return to New Orleans every May to feast on that city's structures. And in Homicide Detective Skip Langford's life, there's one other given—that her enemy and nemesis, Errol Jacomine, oh so clever and oh so evil, will some day return and when he does, he will be out to kill Skip. She's thwarted his plans more than once; but she knows that she cannot underestimate the man and his clever ways
Jeannine Stewart
My least favorite Skip Langdon mystery so far. I hope this is the last of Earl Jacomine and his family members. I found them and the plot tedious and ridiculous. I want more New Orleans charm.
J. Ewbank
This is a good book by Julie Smit. The main characte, Skip Langdon is likeable and pretty realistic, not a superhuman person and I like that. The plot is one to keep you turning the pages to find out what is going to happen. What more do you want in a mystery?

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" "Wesley's Wars" and "To Whom It May Concern"
Bobbie Foster harper
riveting

I didn't want to put this down. Kind of like coming upon a car wreak don't want to look but can't help yourself
Joni
Skip Langdon, New Orleans police detective, nemisis, Errol Jacomine, has shown up again. Will he be able to kill Skip this time, or will she triump? Great plot, good chemistry between characters, and lots of twists and turns. A good read.
Janet
Good mystery, but I had a little trouble keeping track of the characters.
Kyrie
Langdon and Jacomine tangle again. This time, he didn't get under my skin as much as he did in the previous novels. I also liked the secondary story about grave decoration robbery - I can so see that going on in New Orleans.
Marina Sofia
Not a bad book - Skip and her nemesis are intriguing characters, but I was hoping for more New Orleans atmosphere. I liked, for instance, the gravestone robbing incident.
Maria
Another fabulous Julie Smith adventure! I couldn't put it down! I love all her characters and the perfect flow of storyline and tension.
Terri Smith
Jun 25, 2013 Terri Smith added it
Shelves: mystery
Didn't want it to end. Reading the Talba books now. Love this author.
Victoria
Finished the series just in time for Lent!
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Pamela
Pamela added it
Jan 26, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Cathy
Cathy added it
Jan 20, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Robert McGee
Robert McGee marked it as to-read
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Carmen
Carmen added it
Shasta
Shasta marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Arleene
Arleene is currently reading it
Jan 14, 2015
Tawnya Rainey
Tawnya Rainey marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Beverlee
Beverlee marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Rosa Cline
Rosa Cline marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
K.l.
K.l. marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
  • Trick Question: A Hard-Boiled New Orleans Legal Thriller (Tubby Dubonnet #3) (The Tubby Dubonnet Series)
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • Murder In Half Moon Bay (A Jillian Bradley Mystery #1)
  • Hit or Missus (Peri Minneopa Mystery, #2)
  • Murder At The Rocks (An Alistair Fitzjohn Mystery - Book 2)
  • Nursing a Grudge (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #4)
  • Flat Crazy (A Blanco County Mystery #3)
  • Out on a Limb: A Smoky Mountain Mystery (Nurse Phoebe, #1)
  • Soundkeeper (Hall McCormick Thriller, #1)
  • Jackrabbit Junction Jitters (Jackrabbit Junction, #2)
  • Golden Eggs and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 4)
  • The Company You Keep (Kendra Clayton Mysteries, #1)
  • Hilda Hopkins, Murder She Knit
  • Gone... But Not Missed (Nathan Miccoli #1)
  • Superior Justice
  • Motor City Shakedown (Bright and Fletcher, #1)
  • Alive and Killing (David Wolf #3)
  • Fade Route (Burnside Mystery #2)
Author of 20 mystery novels and a YA paranormal adventure called BAD GIRL SCHOOL (formerly CURSEBUSTERS!). Nine of the mysteries are about a female New Orleans cop Skip Langdon, five about a San Francisco lawyer named Rebecca Schwartz,two about a struggling mystery writer named Paul Mcdonald (whose fate no one should suffer) and four teaming up Talba Wallis, a private eye with many names, a poetic ...more
More about Julie Smith...

Skip Langdon (9 books)
  • New Orleans Mourning (Skip Langdon, #1)
  • The Axeman's Jazz (Skip Langdon, #2)
  • Jazz Funeral (Skip Langdon, #3)
  • New Orleans Beat (Skip Langdon, #4)
  • House of Blues (Skip Langdon, #5)
  • The Kindness of Strangers (Skip Langdon, #6)
  • Crescent City Kill (Skip Langdon, #7)
  • 82 Desire (Skip Langdon, #8)
New Orleans Mourning (Skip Langdon, #1) The Axeman's Jazz (Skip Langdon, #2) Jazz Funeral (Skip Langdon, #3) New Orleans Beat (Skip Langdon, #4) House of Blues (Skip Langdon, #5)