Start by marking “If He's Wild” as Want to Read:
If He's Wild

If He's Wild (Wherlocke #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  1,047 ratings  ·  58 reviews
She Sees His Face Everywhere. . .

Lady Alethea Vaughn Channing is haunted by a vision of a man in danger--the same man who she has seen in dreams time and time again. She doesn't even know his name, and yet she feels the connection between them, knows she is the only one standing between him and disaster.

. . .Yet They Have Never Met

But rakish Lord Hartley Greville is capabl...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Zebra Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about If He's Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If He's Wild

Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in the Wherlocke series. Lady Alethea Channing has a vision of Lord Hartley Greville and his murder. So she rushes to London and her cousin Iago in hopes of preventing it. You see this wasn't the first vision she has had of him. Lord Hartley is of course skeptical of the woman at first but there is something about her....

Another book that started out pretty good but lost me after a while and while it had it's moments I never felt truly connected to the story. The characters were l...more
Shannon
The only real complaint I had is the titles of this series sucks. Oh, and somebody PLEASE take the half-naked people off the covers!

I've read Hannah Howell books before, but they didn't really stand out for me in the romance genre. This series, with If He's Wicked coming before, and If He's Sinful coming after, adds a family with special powers. This particular novel features Alathea, who has visions, and Hartley, who learns to trust them.
Very enjoyable read, and just what I was looking for!
Ninou Nessie
énoooorme déception je me suis royalement ennuyée, 15 jours pour finir un roman qui ne les méritait guère. Grosse perte de temps qui clos définitivement la série, on ne m'y reprendra plus! Différence notable avec son autre série le clan Murray sur lequel je me concentrerais dorénavant!
Cecilia
Really broad characterizations with little other than paranormal talents to distinguish among the characters. Like many series of this type, other than the villains who are overthetop bad, the book suffers from every character being uninterestingly perfect; better for selling other books in the series, I suppose. Not to my taste, however.
Bonnie Cole
Hannah Howell is one of my two favorite authors. But, this novel just lacked something. It didn't catch my attention and keep me excited. Usually I can hardly put one of her novels down. This one just wasn't for me but, I will keep reading her books.
Cheesecake
I am listening to these as audiobooks and enjoying them quite a bit.
They are easy reads without much angst. The 'bad guys' are always over the top evil and the narration of the books goes over and over how evil they are too much. I found myself fast forwarding through the last 5th of the audiobook because it was all about catching the villains who of course must recount all their evil deeds to the hero before being brought to justice. But I like the cast of characters and the Hero and Heroine ar...more
Veronicadarling
Just finished rereading all the books and this has to be my favorite one. I'm holding out hope for Modreds story, but I swear to lucifer that if he ends up with a woman who has too good a shield I will be a very unhappy lady. I digress. I like a HR with truly evil villains I'm not really one who cares for the "big misunderstanding" romance novels those can be tedious. This book had it all for me the sexy H & H,super evil villains, amazingly close family with supernatural gifts that do a bang...more
Holly
It's no secret that I'm a total Hannah Howell fangirl. I own every book she's ever written - and multiple copies of my favorites. I stopped reading the Murray series awhile back because I felt it was becoming very repetitive, but that hasn't stopped me from buying them.

Alethea is a strong woman, but not as in-your-face about it as many other Howell heroines. She has a core of inner strength, but she isn't a warrior or a fighter. Her strength is more emotional. Each of the members of her family,...more
Erica
My Review for my blog "Leituras & Fofuras" => http://bit.ly/s2FAOc

Novamente os Vaugh e Wherlocke estão prontos para usar seus dons para salvar vidas. Em A Intuitiva, Alethea é uma jovem viúva (tem + ou - 20 anos) que há 15 anos tem visões com Hartley Greville, marquês de Redgrave.
Ela vê alguns fatos importantes da vida dele ao longo desses anos até que um dia prevê o seu assassinato.
Rapidamente ela sai de sua casa no campo, vai para a casa do tio Iago Vaughn (apenas 7 anos mais velho qu...more
Netha
book 3 of wherlocke series & my fave

it's about lady alethea vaughn channing yg spt anggota keluarga wherlocke/vaughn lainnya juga memiliki kemampuan.
alethea bisa melihat masa lalu, sekarang, depan seseorang hanya dengan menyentuh barang orang tersebut.
& ada 1 hal yg terus menghantui alethea. seorang pria tampan yg terus menghantuinya selama bertahun2. yg akhirnya membuat alethea meninggalkan kediamannya yg tenang di pedesaan & pergi ke london untuk menyelamatkan pria tampan tersebut....more
Joelle
What an adventure.Hannah's newest book with the Vaughan's and the Wherlocke's always are full of adventure. With all of them being such a close knit family and all and all with amazing different magical and healing abilities.Even those who are reclusive came out for this adventure.Thanks Mordred.Lady Alethea Vaughn Channing is haunted by a vision of a man in danger-the same man who she has seen in dreams time and time again. She doesn't even know his name, and yet she feels the connection betwee...more
Cherie Jensen
Third in the series and another hit. Alethea (wish I knew how to accurately pronounce her name) is a member of the gifted Vaughn family and close relation to the Wherlockes. I liked her although I'm getting tired of reading about both sides thinking the other loves them but needing to hear the actual words. Yes, the words will come but it is also true that a person can say "I love you" and really mean that they love things about you, or love that you make them look good, etc.

This story is a litt...more
Alice
Wherlockes (and Vaughns) Rule

I love this series with the psychic abilities of the Wherlocke and Vaughn families, set into Regency England. This way I get everything I enjoy, romance, Regency England, psychic abilities and action adventure. What a combo! Not to mention the writing skills of the delightful Hannah Howell. This book was particularly strong and deserves every star.
K
Aug 04, 2013 K rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of historical romance
Recommended to K by: found on author's website
Finally....the book I have wanted in this series! Not only did I find the story enjoyable and interesting, w/ solid characters, constant action, and suspense; but there was appearances from characters from the previous books!! As you know by reading my review of the second book in this series, I was extremely disappointed that there were no appearances by characters from the previous books, and there seemed to be only a vague connection- that of magic and being part of the Vaughn/Wherlocke famil...more
Lisarenee
This is the first book I've read by Howell and it's sure not to be my last. Absolutely loved it. About a family with many interesting gifts/curses. They are clairvoyant, healers, and can sometimes see dead people (Yikes!).

Lady Alethea Vaughn Channing has visions. Since the age of 5 she's had glimpses into the life of a man she's never met. She has no idea why. On this particular day, however, she has a vision of his future. If she cannot convince him of her gift he will be dead within a month....more
Diana
Alethea Vaughan has had visions of Lord Hartley since she was young. But when a vision of Hartley's death assails her, she knows she has to act. Rushing to London, she finds that Hartley is embroiled in a plot to ferret out a deadly spy.

It's always refreshing when characters don't rail too long about how impossible the paranormal is in these books. Hartley resists a bit, but quickly acquiesces. He and Alethea are well-matched as well, with their personalities meshing quite well. I did find that...more
Grace
OK -- so by book 3, there is definitely a formula to the romance, but I did like the "plot" and bridging the "bad guy" from book 1. Looking forward to the next book.
Ada
Great read about a family with different gifts/powers. It's quite believable how easily the gifts can/are accepted by the hero simply based on how quickly our heroine reveals her powers to him. Had it been something that kept a secret until it was "discovered", it would have dragged the story on. Instead, by allowing our hero, Hartley, in on the secret from the start, the story moves quickly on to more pressing issues of dealing with the villainous Black Rose aka Claudette. This is book 3 of the...more
Kin Caid
Je dois dire qu'encore une fois Hannah Howell a su me séduire avec une romance historique où se mêle une pointe de surnaturel !
Karen
As you can tell from my rating above I really liked this book and it's a "keeper" for me. I took my time reading it because I did not want to miss a moment of it so I read it slow. The story is set around the Regency era in England and a family that paranoraml powers such as the ability to read minds, healing powers, ability to track someone, and many others. It is also a great romance with great hero and heroine, some suspense, and a Happily, Ever After tale. This is the 3rd book in the series...more
Annelise
I like this series. I love the characters. No one stands out to me yet, though.
I eould like a story with the cousins though. To see them happy. What a bitch the evil women was in this one. Loved little Justus.
Jennifer Butcher
Again, another great read in this series. Really couldn't put it down.
Rosemarie LG
Fast moving with intrigue and psychic abilities. I'm hooked and will finish the series.
Maya
It was great to see previous characters like Olivia, Chloe, Argus and Modred. I loved learning more about Modred and wonder when is it going to be his book :)

Alethea is a seer and has been seeing into Hartley's life since she was 5. Now she has seen his death and must warn him.
With the help of her cousin Iago she must help Hartley be free of Claudette's claws.

The story lines are similar to previous books.

Finally the bad guy was hanged at the end as deserved.

I love this series and the families...more
Sharon
The third book in the Wherlocke series was just as fun as the others. I cannot get enough of the Wherlocke family- they are all attractive, charismatic, fiercly loyal, a bit odd and gifted/cursed, depending on how you look at things. Hero and heroine are a perfect match, and I love the way Althea has been connected to Hartley through visions for most of her life. The romance, the intrigue and even the secondary characters are all well crafted and serve to create a book that is impossible to put...more
Stacie
Historical romance with a paranormal twist. Lady Alethea has visions when she touches objects. She starts having visions of Lord Hartley and realizes that he will be murdered if he continues working on an investigation of some very devious people. Her whole family has unique talents/gifts that help the couple find his niece/nephew after Hartley's sister is murdered. At first, Hartley is nervous of Alethea and her family. But is soon realizes that he loves her and sees that her family is truly gi...more
Cruth
A nice fun read. The paranormal aspects are handled with a deft hand, integrating easily into the known historical world. The characters are as well-formed as Howell's typical works with interesting but not overwhelming support characters - some of who should get their own stories down the track. A well developed, well populated world with a believable HEA and complex plot to keep you reading and interested.

Bridget
I prefer this series (Whelocke's) over the Highlander one. A bit more interesting with the Wherlocke-Vaughn families' gifts in the paranormal vein. Entertaining but would not read it twice. Alethea Vaughn has visions and a persistent one is of Lord Hartley Greville's murder. Alethea feels she must take action and warn him, even at the risk of exposing her secret skill. Romance follows.
J.W.
I really liked this one, you got to see old favorites, learn a bit more about past couples, see them all at their best, really liked seeing Mordred out and about, and Olympia is always fabulous.

I liked the fact Hartley believed in Althea, so quickly, though the marriage thing was quick, they stuttered about, plus the getting wounded, both of them.

I enjoyed this one.
Shawn
I really liked this book..love the special abilities the family has and the characters were just so well written. Read this one first as my library only had this one, so will start from the beginning to get caught up with my characters that were in first 2. A very good read and glad I stumbled upon it.
  • One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon #3)
  • The Brat
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Seduced by the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy, #3)
  • The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1)
  • Confessions of a Scoundrel (Talisman Ring, #2)
  • Tall, Dark and Wolfish (Westfield Wolves, #2)
  • Highlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #2)
  • To Wed A Highlander (McTiernay Brothers, #2)
  • The Beloved One (de Montforte, #2)
  • Eleven (The Brandon Fisher FBI Series, #1)
  • Tempted by a Warrior (Galloway Trilogy, #3)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...
Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1) The Eternal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires #1) My Immortal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires, #3) Highland Bride (Murray Family, #6) (MacEnroys, #1) Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)